The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HB F-84E finished

Finally done with this one. I didn't want to do a Korean War a/c so I decided on a post war Air National Guard bird. Colorful markings, etc. As the subject I wanted to build had no 1/32 decals available, only 1/72 and 1/48 from Echelon, I decided to get one of their sheets and do some re-sizing using my scanner and laser printer. It turned out to be a bit of a bear to get the markings sized right and the colors right but I managed to finally get it done to my satisfaction. Paint is several shades of Alclad with  Testor's MM interior green I mixed to suit my eye. Wheel wells, etc are Testor's Zinc Chromate. The national insignia decals are from Super Scale. The cockpit and seat are resin from AMS. The correct style air brake is a result of a swap with Mark (1 to 1 scale) a while back. I hope y'all like the results!!! :)

7-23-21 2 001.jpg

7-23-21 2 002.jpg

7-23-21 2 003.jpg

7-23-21 2 005.jpg

7-23-21 2 004.jpg

7-23-21 001.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Holy cow that's gorgeous, great job!  I see models like this and I feel like I have no hope.

Can I ask what paints you used and what colors?  I wasn't sure if you used a NMF that is picking up that coppery tone, or used paint that color.  

Thanks! Alclad Dark Aluminum is the base color with with Aluminum and Stainless Steel in some areas.:)

12 hours ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Holy cow that's gorgeous, great job!  I see models like this and I feel like I have no hope.

Can I ask what paints you used and what colors?  I wasn't sure if you used a NMF that is picking up that coppery tone, or used paint that color.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Simply beautiful work as always - what a masterful build and your NMF - outstanding🏆

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter! I'm glad you like it! :) I'm pleased with the way it turned out too. Makes all the effort worth it. :)

• Administrators

Now that looks sweet!  I love the unusual scheme, John!  Stunning work, as usual.
I have one stalled out on the SOD as well, (story of my life), a remnant from a long finished Korean War GB in my distant past. 
I’m trying to make my way through the SOD, finishing up dormant builds, and one of these days/months/years/decades? Who knows 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Now that looks sweet!  I love the unusual scheme, John!  Stunning work, as usual.
I have one stalled out on the SOD as well, (story of my life), a remnant from a long finished Korean War GB in my distant past. 
I’m trying to make my way through the SOD, finishing up dormant builds, and one of these days/months/years/decades? Who knows 

Thank you Ernie. I too have several on the SOD and the Corsair I'm getting back to is/was one of them! Started it a good while back and got no further than the cockpit. That gives me a good head start on the resumption of the build. :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Lovely result, John. Original scheme for a neat airframe 👍 

Hubert

Thanks Hubert! I'm glad you like it. I wanted to do something a little unusual and those markings filled that bill nicely. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DocRob said:

A very nice plane with a beautiful and striking paintjob, like taken out of a Buck Danny comic book. Great work John.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob! I appreciate that! :)

• Like 1