The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

President of Zukei Mura announces...

MARU 5137

Glad the Old man brought us up to date and the kits look fantastic.

It wasn't too long ago I was so pessimistic as to the state of 1/32 scale and now, :omg:, my modelling fund is being drained faster then I can build it up.

Looking forward to both of these kits as only the SWS Line is coming and the basic kit idea being dropped.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 5

• Administrators

I’ve grown stale on WW2 Luftwaffe stuff, simply because everybody does them.

If I’m going to build WW2 Luftwaffe, I want something unique and different.  The A-3/4 190 might be that model.  But a new 109 to me is a yawner, although I get it, it’s easily the most popular WW2 aircraft subject ever kitted.

The HS.129 is a cool kit for me, as is their Ki-45. Unique and different. 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I’ve grown stale on WW2 Luftwaffe stuff, simply because everybody does them.

If I’m going to build WW2 Luftwaffe, I want something unique and different.  The A-3/4 190 might be that model.  But a new 109 to me is a yawner, although I get it, it’s easily the most popular WW2 aircraft subject ever kitted.

The HS.129 is a cool kit for me, as is their Ki-45. Unique and different. 

The problem, Ern.   Is guys like me.  Only re-started building models 5 years ago after a 35 year break.  While you've been suffering with 109's, I've been without models full stop.  There are others like me, too. 

But guys like me have a problem.  Most of the 109 molds are shit.  Trumpeter, Eduard, and Revell...  are all shit.   They all have something wrong requiring major body changes that haven't been addressed by AM.  The Hasegawa kits are better shape-wise, but really just enlarged 1/48 kits.

And regarding the 190A...   the PCM is a bit of a monster...  unless you like sanding.  The Hasegawa A5 is vaporware...unless you break into Rog's house.  There are a few A8's, but still leaves a lot of versions untouched unless you wanna buy a multitude of the PCM kits... and do more filling and sanding for hours.

There are really no Luftwaffe fighter counterparts to the nice stuff done by Tamiya.  Our choices are simply over-large 1/48 kits, or wildly inaccurate kits.

The only respectable 109 1/32 kit is the Dragon E.  ...which has also been re-released by HGW in limited numbers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

GazzaS hits the nail on the head. I am craving out for Fw190 A3/A4/A5/A6 kits. Just lately everything seems to be a jet engine release.

But they are not for me. I am a massive Fw190 fan and always will be. These kits are the best i could have hoped for apart from them doing the 'Basic Kit' thing. I would prefer the basic line as i'm not into doing all the rest of the bumf that is going to be hidden. 

• Like 4

• Administrators

Oh yeah, don’t get me wrong.  I get it. There never has been the “perfect” 109 made yet.  And the vast majority of modelers crave these aircraft. And I’m glad that finally, those models will finally be available.

I just don’t understand kitmakers. The 109 is, and always has been the most popular aircraft subject ever built, we’ve never had a truly accurate 109G, yet here it is, 2021 and we now are potentially just getting that model.

Heck, up till 8 years ago or so, we still didn’t have a good P-51D

• Like 5

On 9/5/2021 at 5:53 AM, GazzaS said:

The problem, Ern.   Is guys like me.  Only re-started building models 5 years ago after a 35 year break.  While you've been suffering with 109's, I've been without models full stop.  There are others like me, too. 

But guys like me have a problem.  Most of the 109 molds are shit.  Trumpeter, Eduard, and Revell...  are all shit.   They all have something wrong requiring major body changes that haven't been addressed by AM.  The Hasegawa kits are better shape-wise, but really just enlarged 1/48 kits.

And regarding the 190A...   the PCM is a bit of a monster...  unless you like sanding.  The Hasegawa A5 is vaporware...unless you break into Rog's house.  There are a few A8's, but still leaves a lot of versions untouched unless you wanna buy a multitude of the PCM kits... and do more filling and sanding for hours.

There are really no Luftwaffe fighter counterparts to the nice stuff done by Tamiya.  Our choices are simply over-large 1/48 kits, or wildly inaccurate kits.

The only respectable 109 1/32 kit is the Dragon E.  ...which has also been re-released by HGW in limited numbers.

On 9/5/2021 at 5:59 AM, AlanG said:

GazzaS hits the nail on the head. I am craving out for Fw190 A3/A4/A5/A6 kits. Just lately everything seems to be a jet engine release.

But they are not for me. I am a massive Fw190 fan and always will be. These kits are the best i could have hoped for apart from them doing the 'Basic Kit' thing. I would prefer the basic line as i'm not into doing all the rest of the bumf that is going to be hidden. 

On 9/5/2021 at 6:16 AM, Wumm said:

They can stop when someone finally does them justice.

S

Gaz - I'll gladly put a few of my Has 190's on the market ... After ZM releases their kits!! 🤣

I honestly don't get where this "Not another 109" rant keeps coming from (not that Ern was doing or suggesting that at all) ... but the moaner's ALWAYS come out of the woodwork to express their "valuable" opinion on why they're upset with the announcement ... 

FFS!! How many '32 scale kits of the type are actually out there?? ... And while I personally wouldn't go as far as saying that the '32 scale 109's out there are "shit" ... I understand WHY Gaz came to that conclusion ... And anyone complaining that ZM kits are over engineered should take a look at the latest Revell offerings (landing gear anyone?). 

Take us back 7+ years ago and I would have been a little more skeptical if ZM had announced either of these types ... but the difference between THIS company and their contemporaries is their constant and persistent striving to do better with every single release ... The latest couple of designs (Ki-45 and Hs.129) are amazing in terms of presentation, fit, finish and detail ... and I haven't heard ANY whinging about accuracy out there either ...

If there was ANY company that I would trust to provide an accurate Bf109.G it would be this one ... or Tamiya ... Tamiya fan-boys would select Tamiya in preference - but I'm a fan of the ZM style now.

Rog :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1