The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

COVID still kicking my ass.

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

The Wednesday before Christmas, I caught it. 
Retested yesterday, still positive.  
WTF, over. 
Anyone else fighting it now?

My entire street seems to have caught it and my neighbor across the street is in ICU with double pneumonia. 
Shaking my head. I had two employees test positive last Wednesday and out of an abundance of caution, shuttered my shop till Monday. Everyone now is COVID free but me.   I must be special.  

Well, back to the bench, I even dragged out HMS Speedy for some build time. Finish Buffalo, finish Mustangs, get back to Speedy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

Coworker came back from our Christmas break and didn’t know he was positive.  He just had mild sinus congestion. We went to lunch together Tuesday  and now I’m waiting on my test results and work has me on quarantine until next Tuesday unless my results come back hot. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

• Administrators

The odd thing is, I never popped a temp at all.  97.7 - 98.2 on the IR reader. 

Harald, I’m glad to be semi up and running as well.  I’ve been deathly ill at times through my life, and for me, this was nothing. But it just seems to linger on and on and on. 

• Like 4

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Winnie said:

Well there's enough tragedy around the planet, don't need it striking here!

I'll have a "cough syrup" for you in a few days when I go off shift, new rules are too stingent at the moment so can't have any between shifts!

8 hours bottle to throttle, bud. Especially with those whirlybirds.  Too easy to turn them into aluminum confetti

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Ernie, I know you were hoping for bench time but that's not the way to get it. ;)

Glad to hear you're mostly on the mend. 

My niece caught it at New Year's. She's eight and had only gotten her first shot so there's a bit of concern. She's having to isolate at home which is making things challenging for her parents as they've got to keep two young kids occupied and interested. 

Meantime my sister-in-law is quadruple vaxxed as she's not only an organ transplant recipient but an ER doc.  She is so burned out, she skipped Christmas.

Carl

• Like 3

Hope you're on the mend soon! I woke up last night at 2am with the stomach flu, wretched my guts out till 4am. Have pretty slept nonstop since 4am this morning. Just typing this has made me so tired I'm going back to bed lol.

Hope you get your negative soon!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

38 minutes ago, Winnie said:

12 hours now, after some idiots at Sunwing could't show up sober after 8 hours... And with 12 hour shifts, no time for "cough syrup" lol.

And NO Confetti!!

Ernie has his own cough syrup....harv

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hope you feel better soon Ernie.

Thankfully I've avoided it so far, as have all the family other than my daughters boyfriend, but my department at our hospital is running with a 45% vacancy rate between testing positive and isolating as close contacts. Basically at the moment here if you have school age kids you're screwed!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Great news there Ernie. Being Covid free, not the gelatin part. Hope that passes soon too and you're back to normal. 

On 1/7/2022 at 6:13 PM, GusMac said:

Basically at the moment here if you have school age kids you're screwed!

No kidding. My two boys are 8 & 10 so the last minute cancellation of classes province wide hasn't been fun.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Ernie was it the Jack Daniels…….great news….

Even if it’s produced the way Ernie described, a glass of Jack Daniels still beats hands down its equivalent in bleach to fight Covid …

Just my :2c:

Hubert

PS: great news to read that you’ve overcome the worst of the virus, buddy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3