The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fisher F9F finished

I'm calling this one done. Certainly not a shake and bake but it's nice to have saved it from the SOD. Essentially OOB with a few additions like the nose guns from my stash. It depicts a Panther off the USS Leyte in 1950, same as the F4U-4 I recently finished. Painted with MM GSB and Alclad Dark Aluminum. Decals are partly from the kit (national insignia, NAVY, etc) but the rest came from my decal stash. I'm pleased with the results and I hope y'all are also. :)

Please click on the 1st photo for best resolution and to view as a slide show. THANK YOU!

10-5-22 001.jpg

10-5-22 002.jpg

10-5-22 003.jpg

10-5-22 004.jpg

10-5-22 005.jpg

10-5-22 B 001.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Great rescue John ! Mine’s buried in the middle of a palet I have no intention of unstacking until the next move, but I am really tempted to dig now 👍 !

Hubert

Thank you Hubert. I'm glad I revived the build as I think it turned out well. I'm glad you like it. :)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Great job as always John. And just different enough from a Corsair. 

Carl

Thanks Carl. Yep, just different enough from a Corsair. :) I'm please that you like it. 😀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Martinnfb said:

Already, this was fast. Smooth finish, I like it 👍

Thank you Martin. Since it had already been started with the cockpit already done it went fairly fast. :)

• Like 2

John

Always ready for your next build as following your work keep my juices and mojo flowing. Paul Fisher certainly would be so proud of your Panther build - not to mention the Iron Works Gang from Bethpage. 

Simply a stellar build and what a rescue from the SOD!🏆🏆🏆

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Always ready for your next build as following your work keep my juices and mojo flowing. Paul Fisher certainly would be so proud of your Panther build - not to mention the Iron Works Gang from Bethpage. 

Simply a stellar build and what a rescue from the SOD!🏆🏆🏆

Wow. Thanks Peter. I'm happy you like the results of my efforts. I'll add this to the Fisher Models theme I started a while back. :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

John, that turned out fantastic!  As quick as you burned through it, I cannot figure out why if was placed on the SOD?

It was a good while back when I put it on the SOD. I think I just lost interest in it but I'm glad I got back to it and finished it. I'm glad you like it! :)

8 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

One teeny step past a Corsair. A much better aircraft in some respects, but inferior in others.

Great rescue, John, and a nice finish as well!

Thank you Ernie. :)

4 hours ago, DocRob said:

That's a nice coupe there with the Corsair. Splendid work as always and the GSB came out perfect, like on the pic I found from some years back in Pensacola.

Cheers Rob

P1010091.thumb.JPG.de834e5d9967889f221b45069df43e44.JPG

Thank you Rob. I'm glad you like the way the Panther turned out. Love that GSB! 😀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, KevinM said:

One of my favorite jets from that era of the 50's she came out Sweet John really Nice!!:notworthy:

Thank you Kevin! I'm pleased with it too. Now if I could only get the drooping wings on the twogar straightened up I'd get it built. I've tried and tried with marginal luck so I finally put it back in the box for "later". 🤪