The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

2022 LSM Christmas Raffle.

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

Our Christmas raffle went over well the last four years, but we are going to tweak a few things to make it more fair and to attempt to calm down those who only come here to snipe some prizes at Christmas.

So, I’ve made a few changes to the rules and once again, will attempt to keep it simple.   So here is rundown of rules so everyone is refreshed and aware.  

1.   Anyone who wants to enter to win may do so, IF, they are an Active Member of LSM as of right now. Dec 01, 2022, 2110 hrs CST  

2.   Active Member is defined as anyone who has contributed to LSM by posting 20 posts to LSM within the last calender year. I though again of making it a WIP requirement, but decided again to nix that idea.  The whole idea here is to promote a feeling of Christmas Spirit, get people posting more, and hopefully bring a better ending to 2022. So let’s make this fun!   This in obviously not directed at those who have recently come here from LSP, Hyperscale, or wherever, if you’re new, you’re welcome to enter  

3.   Enrolling:   Entering the raffle is easy. Just post  "I'm in" and I'll mark you down.   I’m going to change one rule:  To be eligible for the gift raffle, you need to contribute.  If you DON’T contribute to the raffle with a gift, your name will NOT be included in the regular gift drawings, but you WILL still be eligible for the Grand Prize.

4.   Gifts:  I’m not going to make this mandatory, but I will recommend a contribution of a new kit with a value over $30.00 USD, and under, say, $120.00.  That gives a huge range of ideas. From Hasegawa to Revell, to Tamiya. If you give a kit from stash, that’s cool, but let’s make sure it’s not a busted up old stash Queen from 1967 with a smashed box and yellowed decals.   The whole idea here is to have everyone get something nice. 
The LSM Grand Prize will be one brand new 1/32 new, unopened JetMads Saab Viggen kit. Yes, it’s more than 120, but I make the roolz and this will be THE one and only Grand Prize  

5.    Impropriety:    To avoid any sense of impropriety, I am going to ask that all people who feel led to contribute gifts to please verify your gifts as listed correctly. If I list it wrong, please let me know so I can correct it in time. Anything LSM related is good in my book.     Aircraft, AFVs, SciFi, Ships, are all OK.  It makes my job easier when it comes to keeping track of who gave and won what.

6.    More Impropriety:  As the organizer and overseer of this operation, once again, I will again give, but will NOT be eligible for any gift drawings.  

7.   Winning is great. Giving is an awesome thing.

8.    But remember, if you offer a gift, you're responsible for getting it to the winner. 

8a.  If shipping is outrageous, giver can substitute a gift card of similar value to the winner so he can source it locally.  In the EU, for sample, Duties, Taxes, Brokerage, and VAT for items shipped from the US are astronomical for someone on a tight income in the EU.  So consider for, say, a Brit, sourcing a gift card from Hannants. In the EU? One of the big German, Czech, or Polish model houses might be a good choice .  If that isn’t an option, contact me and I’ll arrange to help with shipping and VAT charges as I can. 

9.     Gift givers and winners are to contact each other in a timely manner and winner must provide shipping information so the giver can get the package in the mail. 

10.   This is a fun Christmas Raffle, guys.  If you pledge a gift, please make every effort to get it out in a timely fashion. 

11.    I will attempt to update the prize list and the names of those who entered the raffle on a daily basis.  If there's more entrants than gifts, not everyone will receive a gift.  If there's more gifts than entrants, then some will get more than one.  

12.   Drawing:  Christmas Day in the USA, because that's where I live, and I work the day before, so the Aussies and the Kiwis gotta wait an extra day. Sorry guys!

Grand Prize this year will consist of a JetMads SAAB Viggen kit, an absolutely unique and iSTUNNING model.  I have the kit in my possession now, and it is part of the Second and final run of 500 Viggen kits. 
This will be the one and only Grand Prize awarded. 
Grand Prize will be drawn from all names submitted, after the regular draw has been completed.  The Viggen is offered as a simple THANK YOU for helping make LSM one of the buildingest? and by far one of the most welcoming and friendly Modeling Sites on the Internet. 

Pretty normal stuff, eh?  I think this oughta be a fun thing and I really hope everyone has a good time with this!

Ernie

PS: if you won a prize last year and have not received it, please PM me on LSM and I will look into it. 

ALSO: One cheaper way of sending a gift is to purchase the gift once you know who won, at a model shop, distributor, or supplier, INSIDE the economic zone of the winner.  This almost always turns out better for the giver, and is always MUCH better for the receiver. (No customs and duty).   Thoughts

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Ernie,  GREAT idea!  I'm in, and will take a hard look at what I'm going to contribute.  I have a few options I am thinking of.  Give me a few days on that, please.  BTW, check your wording on 8.a.  GREAT idea to substitute gift cards for those far away instead of paying outrageous amounts for shipping.

Thanks! Chris

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

Ernie,  GREAT idea!  I'm in, and will take a hard look at what I'm going to contribute.  I have a few options I am thinking of.  Give me a few days on that, please.  BTW, check your wording on 8.a.  GREAT idea to substitute gift cards for those far away instead of paying outrageous amounts for shipping.

Thanks! Chrus

Thanks, Chrus.  (Couldn’t resist). Such a unique name and all 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I hate having to put the restrictions on, but last year, a few members had a couple valid complaints with one or two folks riding in, contributing nothing, and leaving with a bunch of high $$ stuff.  Along with that, taxes have gotten insane in Europe, so cards might be a more viable outcome there to lessen the reach of the taxman. 

It’s one of the better ideas that I brought with me from LSP, the only difference being is that I exempt myself. Heck, I have too much crap as it is!  LOL. 

Oh, and I never mentioned before, but it’s GREAT to have you here and joining in with us mad jokers and builders. Some guys here are regular build factories. Not like me… one a year seems to be my output. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Ernie, thanks as always for organizing this raffle. Please count me in. I always love hearing how you get the impartial drawing done. Adds a bit more fun to the festivities. 

I'm happy to contribute the winner's choice of either a:

- 1/35 Ryefield Panther G 

or 

- $75 USD gift card to the shop of their choice. 

Carl

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators
4 hours ago, HubertB said:

I’m in. I had books to give away this year, but I understand they are not the preferred choice this year.

Fine by me, but I need more time to find something suitable.

Hubert

Hey Hubert.  I personally have zero issues at all with books, as long as they’re not dog eared, coffee stained cast offs that would otherwise be binned.   I’m not trying to come across as all materialistic, but to avoid previous pitfalls of previous years where someone “won” another person’s bin filler.  The ones who did this were NOT our regular bunch, by the way. 

• Like 7

Ernie,  if site mods can play, I’m in.  Here’s what I plan on doing.   For winners in the CONUS, I’ve got the fruitcake gift. It’s the gift that keeps on giving….

Its a 1/32 ZM P-51 unopened I got in a Christmas raffle years ago on LSP.  I’m sure I’ll never get around to building it.  
For lands across the ponds, or our northern friends where shipping the tiniest of a box is outrageous (seriously, wanted to ship G-Factor landing gear to Canada and it was $35 for a padded envelope) I’ll do a $50 gift certificate to the persons hobby retailer of their choice. 
Sound fair? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm in please. I'll donate a Hasegawa Kawanishi George which I won a few years back but haven't touched and am highly unlikely to. For some reason Japanese WWII subjects just don't do anything for me. If shipping for that is prohibitive I'll go the gift card route.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
10 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Ernie,  if site mods can play, I’m in.  Here’s what I plan on doing.   For winners in the CONUS, I’ve got the fruitcake gift. It’s the gift that keeps on giving….

Its a 1/32 ZM P-51 unopened I got in a Christmas raffle years ago on LSP.  I’m sure I’ll never get around to building it.  
For lands across the ponds, or our northern friends where shipping the tiniest of a box is outrageous (seriously, wanted to ship G-Factor landing gear to Canada and it was $35 for a padded envelope) I’ll do a $50 gift certificate to the persons hobby retailer of their choice. 
Sound fair? 

Your a mean one, Mr Gri, I mean Scott.

The kit is actually pretty decent, IF you take your time. I’m actually in the middle of a 3 Mustang build comparison that’ll eventually be a feature.

Revell, ZM, and Tamiya, and all three have their warts. 

• Like 9

Although I agree the national Post Offices are killing rapidly international parcels with more and more outrageous shipping costs, I’ll stick to giving a kit rather than a purchase voucher, just for the sake of keeping the Christmas spirit of exchanging gifts …

Just my :2c: of course ;)

Hubert

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

Remember, another option is to purchase the kit in the winner’s Economic Zone. Shipping is cheaper, and it’d avoid all import taxes, duties, and “just because we can” add-on fees. 

I like this idea!

• Like 6

Ok … It’s a little harder to do this year with the home loan thing going on … but count me in with a Gift of $100 AUD (approximately, given international exchange rates - but will round up to the nearest domestic whole dollar / pound) to anywhere … I’d love to give a kit, but shipping is pretty much criminal these days!

Rog :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1