The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

WINNERS!

• Administrators

The Let’s Get Wet GB has officially come to a close, and by absolute unanimous consent, the winner is PanzerWomble with his insanely amazing Zerstorer. 

Second place was also unanimous. GusMac with his Tomcat.  That’s is a GREAT build!

PanzerWomble will choose between either a Trumpeter Devastator and an Infinity Val.

The unchosen kit will go to GusMac.

Personally guys, I do like the idea of the kids choosing.  They seriously look at what they like, and it takes everything else off the table.  And a bit of a prize at the end makes it all worthwhile to me.  
I’ll wait to hear from PW, and I already have Gus’s addy.

Thanks for doing this, folks!  It makes me feel great to see the level of participation we have gotten to.

Again, thank you VERY much, and as soon as y’all are ready, we can do it again!

E

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Huh ! Well thats a result, but I feel somewhat undeserved compared to the other ships which I thought were far beyond the little destroyer. 

Still , thank you neighbourhood kids for the vote. My LSP skills are way too poor for the Val, and I'm fond of the old Devastator , however if GusMac has a burning desire for one or the other I'm easy 😄 as it will be end of summer before I get back to the bench .

• Like 5

• Administrators

I asked them why they chose the F-14, and duhhh, the answer I got was “because Maverick flew one”.

It being a first class build didn’t hurt, either.

But they loved that little Zerstorer. I think most here would agree. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow, didn't expect that. As PanzerWomble said, I thought some of the ships were amazing and way outside of my comfort zone but who knows what kids will like!

I'm happy with the Val if PW has a preference for the Devastator, so let's just go that way.

Thanks again for organising this Ernie and thanks to the kids for the votes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I’d be open to suggestions regarding picking winners.  I use the kids in the neighborhood because it’s pretty much independent from me. I do make sure to exclude “cute” builds like AEG planes, etc, as they’d obviously win, but if y’all want to toss it around some, after all, I just facilitate the GB. Y’all are the ones who make it happen with all y’all’s amazing builds. I think two fine models won, so I’m good here either way. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to PW and Gus but also to everyone who entered.  The ships especially were amazing and following those builds was incredibly interesting.  The variety of builds was terrific and helped me break out of the usual airplane habit I have.

Special thanks to Ernie :unworthy: 🍺 for running a spectacular contest.  No controversy, all fun, and having the kids pick the winner is a brilliant idea.  

I had a bunch of ideas to suggest, but in the end, this GB ran beautifully so why mess with perfection?

Chris

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.