Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

To go along with the Precision Ice & Snow and the Panther G kit i bought earlier. I needed some figures to go with my Ardennes diorama.

So here we have the (old) Tamiya German Assault Infantry. Also got some static grasses too.

IMG_2102.JPG

• Like 7

Today, the Küster showed up. It took not even a week to get him to my tiny island, record time for a recent purchase, where it took decades of waiting for the kit to appear in my sight :D.
The kit is a Wave reissue of the Nitto Kröte, with some sprues recently made for this version, but the rest is old Nitto stuff, which looks fairly crisp for it's age. The license wars must have been brutal, even the old sprues show erased info. It says only Nitto and Kröte, no year no nada.
When I was a mid teen, I always wanted to own a Kröte, a Jerry and a Hornisse, but I couldn't afford them. They were not cheap, being Japan imports. If I had known, how expensive and hard to find these kits became, after Nitto ceased the production, I would've spent less money on girls :D.

Since Hasegawa started to issue some new MAK kits since ten years, others followed, like Wave with partly reissues and new kits as well.
I'm happy, that I own a more or less Kröte now. The Küster is very similar.

Cheers Rob

IMG_8258.thumb.JPG.f7085cab3b13ab1f0370c1694de76358.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Nice haul Carl, so envious of your modelling budget........you must do a WIP for the 129......

Actually, the Hs129 was bought and paid for back in Oct of 2019. 

It just took a while for Lucky Model to get it in and then for it to cross the Pacific via boat(I used their $4 surface shipping promo).  I wasn't in a rush and the price was too good to pass up. Plus there weren't any local ZM dealers. My LHS now carries them so it's easier to get their kits and I get to support a local business. 

• Like 6

Mine aren't a model either.  They're absolutely, hands down, the best drill bits I've ever used for modelling.  Super sharp, they bite into styrene better than any HSS drill bits I've ever had.  I use .35MM predominantly as it works well for rigging and the .2mm copper wire I have a spool of.

I haven't found anything like them for sale here in Australia, and it's the one thing I'll pay crazy shipping rates for.

P1013270.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Also not model related, but I'm so freaked about it, that I has to share. Today arrived my custom made leather jacket from Greece. It's made from distressed Italian cow leather and from old US-Army tents from the 1940's. The cut is leaned on old motorcycle dispatch riders jackets. I know, LSM is no fashion mag, but I had to... :D.

Cheers Rob

IMG_8421.thumb.JPG.08c750d284f4b245f29e3106215c320e.JPG

IMG_8422.thumb.JPG.a048ad6d04944a6835035c6b2c4ee02f.JPG

IMG_8424.thumb.JPG.b75422e4b7f15581af0914a8d63c41ac.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

My FIRST WNW kit !  A BIG THANK YOU to the MOST generous Ernie !!   Now I have research to do and goodies to buy !!  Wow, this is AWESOME !

Congrats, you'll love it. Will you WIP it Jeff?

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bill_S said:

No decals version, but the price was reasonable...

Nice haul. If I'm not able to score another Pfalz very soon, I have some decals left from kit # 32006, where I used only the ones for Buddeckes plane (scheme A). It would be a shame, if this most elegant plane of it's time will not be build, because of the lack of decals. 

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Nice haul. If I'm not able to score another Pfalz very soon, I have some decals left from kit # 32006, where I used only the ones for Buddeckes plane (scheme A). It would be a shame, if this most elegant plane of it's time will not be build, because of the lack of decals. 

Cheers Rob

Luckily, I have plenty of decals remaining from my build of #32006 as well (I chose Holtzem's mount).  The only thing I need for this one is some Airscale instruments!

• Like 2