The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

34 minutes ago, harv said:

Not model related, but something im excited about. This followed me home yesterday.......harv

20210402_210019.jpg

Pocket 9mm, nice!

2017-01-22 13.35.49.jpgthis is my custom Colt Commander. I carved out the grips, African cocabola with my Fordem tool and added the scorpions. The rest has a lot of polished stainless steel parts that I added.

20200208_190759.jpgthis is my somewhat pocket pistol...lol 45 auto...shhh!!  It's conceled.

Ron G 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Had a package arrive today. The postmark was a bit confusing as it was issued in Canada. After opening the box I realized it was my Me163 I ordered off eBay from China. 

If you built the Komet closed, do test fit a lot. Mine ended on the SOD, because I ran out of patience.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, DocRob said:

If you built the Komet closed, do test fit a lot. Mine ended on the SOD, because I ran out of patience.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob for the heads up. I've heard there can be fit issues with it so I'll have to approach it accordingly.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

Nice to have, cause you sure don't want to loose one of those etsy bitsy needles...lol:D

Yes, but I'm more worried about the tiny screw-in nozzle tip on my Iwata HP -C plus. It's tiny and expensive to replace. While cleaning my Iwata eclipse, I lost the air valve spring.......$14.00 plus

shipping to get a new one......for one tiny spring!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mark31 said:

just recievd this one second hand

6lGDqt6.jpg

just need a few more parts and  we can start this

You never cant go wrong with a tamiya kit

I have this one also. Build will be an Israeli bird.....harv

• Like 4

Picked this up the other day............A Trumpy  PT-76. It looks like a nice kit. I splurged on a set of Friulmodel tracks for it.  It seems tiny compared to the Meng Char 2c I'm working on now.

In common with the Char 2c, it's weird. I've included in the post a photo of the real thing .........I mean, just

Look at the thing!.........Weird!

IMG_20210416_195944_burst_01_kindlephoto-16827647.jpg

verkhnyaya_pyshma_tank_museum_2012_0181.jpg

• Like 8

Got this through today (along with some 1/48 kits for a planned diorama). Been after one for years and got the chance to get one for cost of postage and a generous donation to Armed Forces charities. Boy is it big. SWMBO just glared at me when she saw the wing span lol.

IMG_2166.JPG

• Like 11

11 hours ago, AlanG said:

Got this through today (along with some 1/48 kits for a planned diorama). Been after one for years and got the chance to get one for cost of postage and a generous donation to Armed Forces charities. Boy is it big. SWMBO just glared at me when she saw the wing span lol.

IMG_2166.JPG

Nice! 

• Like 4

On 4/6/2021 at 11:12 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

Had a package arrive today. The postmark was a bit confusing as it was issued in Canada. After opening the box I realized it was my Me163 I ordered off eBay from China. 

PXL_20210405_220916066.thumb.jpg.98076232491b62b6eed6b743e58b4117.jpg

From China eh? ... I've seen the Border Tiger.I tank on eBay for reasonable prices in China ... and I think I've also bought items from there before in the distant past ... before the world went crazy ...

I've been a little reluctant to pull the trigger because of negative reviews on a lot of the China based advertisers (I always check them) ... there's usually about 12-15 negatives against a few neutrals and 300+ positives. Not so bad really until you see the feedback ... selling stuff that was out of stock etc ...

Which distributor did you use and how long did it take to get there??

Rog :)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Artful69 said:

From China eh? ... I've seen the Border Tiger.I tank on eBay for reasonable prices in China ... and I think I've also bought items from there before in the distant past ... before the world went crazy ...

I've been a little reluctant to pull the trigger because of negative reviews on a lot of the China based advertisers (I always check them) ... there's usually about 12-15 negatives against a few neutrals and 300+ positives. Not so bad really until you see the feedback ... selling stuff that was out of stock etc ...

Rog, I usually check reviews first as well before ordering. It took less than a month to get here- shipped March 18, arrived April 5. 

I ordered it from Auroramodelshop 

I've ordered from them in the past without any issues. Last year they stopped shipping to Canada for some months as they couldn't guarantee delivery in a reasonable timeframe. They started shipping here again so I ordered the Me163. 

Yanworld0082013 is another I've ordered from. They often have lower prices but it has taken longer for purchases to get to me. In fact I've got the Border Tiger 1 coming from them at the moment. 

Carl

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Artful69 said:

5 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Rog, I usually check reviews first as well before ordering. It took less than a month to get here- shipped March 18, arrived April 5. 

I've ordered from them in the past without any issues. Last year they stopped shipping to Canada for some months as they couldn't guarantee delivery in a reasonable timeframe. They started shipping here again so I ordered the Me163. 

Yanworld0082013 is another I've ordered from. They often have lower prices but it has taken longer for purchases to get to me. In fact I've got the Border Tiger 1 coming from them at the moment. 

Carl

Slow shipping may be an issue for Rog. He may have exhausted his stash before replenishments come along :rofl:

Hubert (who should have thought twice - at least - before making fun of someone else’s stash size :popo: )

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Carl

Thanks Carl ... I'll look into it ... as soon as I'm working again. From memory - I did an order ages ago through dawngrocerystore and also xfree-hobby at one point with no issues ... it's always hard to distinguish the complaints from people who have some genuine grievance from those who take that as their default position in life!

3 hours ago, HubertB said:

Slow shipping may be an issue for Rog. He may have exhausted his stash before replenishments come along :rofl:

Hubert (who should have thought twice - at least - before making fun of someone else’s stash size :popo: )

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ... there's always some twit with a smart-alec response ...

Although slow shipping may indeed be an issue ... if my PayPal buyer protection dates are exceeded well before the package is due to arrive!! ... it's always wise to have your rear covered Hubert ;););)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Thanks Carl ... I'll look into it ... as soon as I'm working again. From memory - I did an order ages ago through dawngrocerystore and also xfree-hobby at one point with no issues ... it's always hard to distinguish the complaints from people who have some genuine grievance from those who take that as their default position in life!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ... there's always some twit with a smart-alec response ...

Although slow shipping may indeed be an issue ... if my PayPal buyer protection dates are exceeded well before the package is due to arrive!! ... it's always wise to have your rear covered Hubert ;););)

I've also used dawngrocerystore many times and never had any issues. Good prices for Trumpy and HB kits and shipping times have always been reasonable.

• Like 3

On 4/18/2021 at 6:21 PM, Artful69 said:

Thanks Carl ... I'll look into it ... as soon as I'm working again. From memory - I did an order ages ago through dawngrocerystore and also xfree-hobby at one point with no issues ... 

I've just ordered the Minibase Su-33 from xfree so I'm waiting to see how that works out. 

I've heard good things about dawngrocerystore but haven't tried them yet. 

Carl

• Like 2