The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

1 hour ago, Bill_S said:

Peter, I ordered this kit yesterday; I can't wait to open it and sniff the plastic. It will probably be my vacation build. I'll be spending the month of February in sunny Florida.

Bill

Nice way to move your cave for the winter and a great build project. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KevinM said:

WOW !

Hubert

PS: and in the right scale for warships, on top 👍

• Like 5

• Administrators

Yesterday, I wen to Porto book fair, and I brought home this, for 25€:

IMG_7199.JPG

IMG_7200.JPG

IMG_7201.JPG

IMG_7202.JPG

The first time, and probably the last, that I bought a model kit in a book fair.

IMG_7203.JPG

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Fran said:

Yesterday, I wen to Porto book fair, and I brought home this, for 25€:

IMG_7199.JPG

IMG_7200.JPG

IMG_7201.JPG

IMG_7202.JPG

The first time, and probably the last, that I bought a model kit in a book fair.

IMG_7203.JPG

I remember those kits. I built their Boba Fett back in the day. 

And definitely one of the last places you'd think to pick up a kit. 

Carl

Edited by BlrwestSiR
  • Like 6

Carl

Sometimes you just hit paydirt when you least expect it. it's like watching Antiques Roadshow. Sometimes you find a Two dollar nothing and it turns out to be worth thousands. Of course, with my luck, I would pay a thousand for it and find out it worth two dollars :wacko:

• Like 4

Had to pick up a package at the post office today.... It needed a signature and I wasn't

home yesterday. A minor annoyance. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it was my

order from Hobbyeasy in Hong Kong. Another Tamiya kit; their Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer

Mittlere Produktion.(35285) I've been looking for this kit for some time......always out of

stock. Sometimes the more pricey boxing with the Aber extras included can be found but

I didn't want too spend that much. Again, it's a Panzer 38(t) based vehicle...... So it's a

small kit, but I like the looks of this odd-looking tank destroyer. The kit has a choice of

vinyl or styrene link & length tracks. It looks pretty good and will go together well being

Tamiya kit. 

IMG_20220907_124219_kindlephoto-6133983.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

Had to pick up a package at the post office today.... It needed a signature and I wasn't

home yesterday. A minor annoyance. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it was my

order from Hobbyeasy in Hong Kong. Another Tamiya kit; their Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer

Mittlere Produktion.(35285) I've been looking for this kit for some time......always out of

stock. Sometimes the more pricey boxing with the Aber extras included can be found but

I didn't want too spend that much. Again, it's a Panzer 38(t) based vehicle...... So it's a

small kit, but I like the looks of this odd-looking tank destroyer. The kit has a choice of

vinyl or styrene link & length tracks. It looks pretty good and will go together well being

Tamiya kit. 

You'll like the Hetzer Paul. I built the Academy one some years ago, a pretty easy build and I expect the same from Tamiya. Mine was not German though, instead from the Czech resistance without gun.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, DocRob said:

You'll like the Hetzer Paul. I built the Academy one some years ago, a pretty easy build and I expect the same from Tamiya. Mine was not German though, instead from the Czech resistance without gun.

Cheers Rob

Thanks . The paint schemes look a little complicated on this kit though. They both

look hard edged not sprayed and it looks like I'll have to make masks of some sort. I

heard the Swiss used these tanks after the war for some time.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Thanks . The paint schemes look a little complicated on this kit though. They both

look hard edged not sprayed and it looks like I'll have to make masks of some sort. I

heard the Swiss used these tanks after the war for some time.

I've got the same kit. I built the old Dragon one a long time ago and tried to do the Eduard one. That was complicated and simplified at the same time if that makes sense. 

For the camo, J's Modelwork does a mask sheet for the circle camo. Alexen does a PE template set that I grabbed to see if it'll work. 

Otherwise, I'm going to use lots of littles circles of tape...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

The paint schemes look a little complicated on this kit though. They both

look hard edged not sprayed and it looks like I'll have to make masks of some sort

The Hetzer with it's simple undisturbed shapes should be easy to mask. Like Carl said, there are some mask sets out there. I used J's Modelwork masks on another build an they worked with a little bit of improvisation. You can also opt for disc camo, where Uschi van der Rosten has stencil masks.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Paul, I reckon you must have Tamiya’s whole catalogue now, past and present…….be a cool thing to do….

Not quite, there's still a bunch more Tamiya kits to go before I hit that mark. Their

Archer kit, M40, and of course, their yet to be released Comet😀

• Like 2

Moments ago another arrival; and yes, it's Tamiya.

From overnight shipping marvels Tower Hobbies came Tamiya's U.S. Medium tank M26

Pershing T26E3 (35254). A favorite of mine, I always thought the Pershing was a good-

looking tank. I built the 1/16 rc version by Tamiya years ago... It still sits languishing in

a cabinet in my old bedroom at my mother's house. Anyway, while not a recent release,

( 2002) this kit it's still said to be a decent one. This is the one that Tamiya put the working suspension on....but never did so again. They must have thought that was a dead end modeling-wise. The barrel will probably be replaced by a Aber one as the kit's

barrel is a multi-piece one. I have a pair of Gaspatch .50 M2 guns that are nice and one

may be used on this kit. 

IMG_20220908_123550_kindlephoto-730111.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

32nd was too big, but when they came out with 1/48, I couldn't help myself :)

Didn't know there was a 1/48 version. I built the classic Monogram kit years....and years

ago. It came out nice I remember. It might give this one a try. Please do a build log on

this one!

• Like 5