Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Hubert so green with jealousy ( in a good way). What software are you generating your designs on? Just curious as I run at work full suite of Autodesk Revit. It’s a full architectural design package but will do all the parametric wizardry. Also what is the output file format required for the printer.........so many questions........

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HubertB said:

You can always send me some files that you want printed ... I remember you were my "guinea pig" on the Silhouette a few years ago, for some MiG-15 masks :)

Hubert

I remember and I still have the mask and the HpH Mig-15 as well. Just no time on my hands :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Hubert so green with jealousy ( in a good way). What software are you generating your designs on? Just curious as I run at work full suite of Autodesk Revit. It’s a full architectural design package but will do all the parametric wizardry. Also what is the output file format required for the printer.........so many questions........

I have Solidworks at the office, and Turbocad on the home’s Mac. The issue with the former is that it runs on PCs, when I am a Mac man at home and work (had to buy a dedicated PC at work for SW). And now I am not physically at the office very often ...

I have tried Sketchup, but am struggling wth the interface and extensions needed ... Even more so with Blender : cannot fathom how to use it, when, at heart and by training, I am a parametric man and start with dimensions and 2D technical drawings rather than shapes ... And got tired of waiting for Rhino’s Mac version, so haven’t looked at it for a long time.

The Anycubic uses .stl files, and has a proprietary slicer firmware. I haven’t tried any yet.

Hubert

• Like 3

Thanx Forum :D, the last spark needed for getting me this big bad MIG-31 in 1/48 :icon_eek: was inspired by Gaz and his great build of a MIG-25. I was thinking about the 31 since some years, 'it's 1/48 (thanks god), thousand stencils, just grey,...', but it's pure badass design and that finally did it to me. It is the limited edition from AMK with die cast wheel struts, clear and tinted canopies and completed PE and decals. I browsed through the kit and I have to say, it's one of the finest kits out of the box. Well packed with thoughtful layout of sprues and decals, seemingly well engineered. This might be a complete OOB build, a first since some Airfix stuff when I was a kid. The only thing I'm not decided about are the wheels, which I may substitute with resin stuff and masks for the canopies.

Cheers Rob

P1140976.thumb.JPG.376d783d3a6ac83e565a9afa3b82b7e3.JPG

• Like 4

My son uses Blender a lot and does some seriously cool stuff with it. It just seems to suit the way he works especially the multi-layering.

He's going to Uni later this year to do computer games design and technology so he tells his mum all the hours he spends on it are 'research'!

• Like 4

Today I bumped into this giant squirrel .

For merely 60 pieces of Canadian currency this baby it's a steal. Ultra fine detail, positive rivet on the tail, PE mesh, masks. It is not Whiskey , so we need to wait for some cool camo to appear. Yet , what a gem ! Great job Academy.

HIYW6685.JPG.e94f946d9912da427c1f44a8a1324e4e.JPG

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Something a bit different

IMG_20190504_085339-L.jpg

Always loved Space Battleship Yamato or Star Blazers as I knew it growing up. 

I have the 1/500 Yamato and detail sets :) ... and the 1/72 fighters (4 off) ... the pity is that they didn't make Melda's kite in 1/72 ... Her and Yamamoto were my 2 favourite characters.

Rog :)

• Like 4

Took advantage of Sprue's weekend sale on Brassin stuff. Been thinking about getting back to my stalled F-4D gun ship. Picked these up.....harv

20190504_150609.jpg

• Like 5

On 5/4/2019 at 9:53 AM, Artful69 said:

I have the 1/500 Yamato and detail sets :) ... and the 1/72 fighters (4 off) ... the pity is that they didn't make Melda's kite in 1/72 ... Her and Yamamoto were my 2 favourite characters.

Rog :)

Rog, I've got that one too with the extra hanger set plus the PE set that Bandai only sold in their stores. 

... and the fighters too.  I even have the old 1/700 cutaway kit. 

I think everyone wants a Zvarke (Sp?) in 1/72 but bandai won't do one for some reason. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 4:10 PM, harv said:

Took advantage of Sprue's weekend sale on Brassin stuff. Been thinking about getting back to my stalled F-4D gun ship. Picked these up.....harv

20190504_150609.jpg

Harv, do you a gun pod for your project? I think I have an extra one even after I used three on my F-4E build. 

Carl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Harv, do you a gun pod for your project? I think I have an extra one even after I used three on my F-4E build. 

Carl

You guys are so generous...... very cool....

• Like 2

While not really model related it IS interesting. I got this German helmet from a fella in Latvia. Arrived today in "good" condition. If only it could talk! Makes a nice addition to my militaria collection.

58376629_306763593548701_4016559269536071680_n.jpg

57221260_672727973160287_8314206247171653632_n.jpg

57623793_2222874557933176_3413918694403735552_n.jpg

• Like 6