The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

53 minutes ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:
  • 47.6L displacement
  • appr. 218L/100km (Canola oil or waste frying fat will also do. Simply ask your local fast food franchisee, and Bob's your uncle)
  • RAL 9006/RAL 9007 exterior colour optional (but I can arrange they throw in the floormats for free)

Fancy a test drive?  :D

Would love to, especially if I can choose the proving ground (like the streets of Paris, where I have a few scores to settle with guys who believe the « Code de la Route » does not apply to anyone driving a vehicle with less than 4 wheels or more ... Mind you, two tracks is technically not four-wheels, is it ? )

Hbert

• Like 2

With the postal strike here ended, I've been getting a steady stream of packages. First up was one from Eduard.

IMG_20181218_172014-L.jpg

I also got a nice beer glass that came with some really tiny plastic bits in the box.

IMG_20181218_172032-L.jpg

Then, some decals from Hannants. The B-24 ones are for defence if I ever get the HB one.

IMG_20181218_172212-L.jpg

Finally some books for the library.

IMG_20181218_172247-L.jpg

IMG_20181218_172310-L.jpg

Carl

• Like 7

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:58 PM, Ivan Ivanovich said:

Once refurbished, KMW grants you a 15.000km warranty. That's a heck of a mileage for a tank. 

Those kids grow up sooooo quickly...
Handling is almost as easy as driving a bumper car. Perfect for novice drivers. No parking worries whatsover.
Parking space is where you make it. 

iE5X28q.jpg

p08VGWb.jpg

Nah, not my color, and with my 0,2 mm nozzle it's to demanding to repaint that tracked bar of chocolate :D

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DocRob said:

Was it a long strike or is that the normal haul :D?

Cheers Rob

The strike was on for about a month. It got bad enough that Canada Post asked other mail services  to stop sending packages and to hold onto them. The Eduard stuff was all one order. Supposedly they're discontinuing every one of the PE sets I bought which is why I grabbed them now. 

• Administrators
On 12/17/2018 at 4:58 PM, Ivan Ivanovich said:

Once refurbished, KMW grants you a 15.000km warranty. That's a heck of a mileage for a tank. 

Those kids grow up sooooo quickly...
Handling is almost as easy as driving a bumper car. Perfect for novice drivers. No parking worries whatsover.
Parking space is where you make it. 

iE5X28q.jpg

p08VGWb.jpg

I’ve talked to more than a few Marines here who sang the highest praises for the Canadian Army’s 2A5s and 2A6s in Asscrackistan. Apparently one of their permanent responsibilities was providing fire support to the Marines operating in the valleys. They’d find high ground and use their main guns for artillery purposes. With A-10s above, Leo’s in the hills, and mobile Marines on the valley floor, there was no stopping them.

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 12/18/2018 at 3:43 PM, Ivan Ivanovich said:

The road surface will remain virtually intact. The tracks have rubber pads. All you've got to do will be scraping off burnt rubber and tatters of smelly undergarment from the asphalt.

Any idea how the 2A6 stacks up against the T-90?  Hopefully the T-90’s a better tank than the Zippo T-55.

• Like 3

So more postal catch up today. This was a shipment from HLJ. A bunch of cheap Tamiya brushes for my kids to practice with.

IMG_20181220_213933-L.jpg

Some tools

IMG_20181220_214053-L.jpg

A couple figures for my Blade runner spinner kit.

IMG_20181220_214016-L.jpg

I never thought I'd find these, much less on sale.

Seatbelts since it seems I'd run out of British ones.

IMG_20181220_214120-L.jpg

Lewis guns for a Camel. At least I hope they're for a Camel.

IMG_20181220_214146-L.jpg

Finally, some plastic.

IMG_20181220_214301-L.jpg

IMG_20181220_214335-L.jpg

So that should be it for the next while. 

Carl

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Wumm said:

How's that BeeMax M6 look in the styrene Carl?

Recently picked up an Aoshima McLaren long tail kit. Waited two decades for someone to do this Beauty justice...

20181104_172523.thumb.jpg.e917e1dfc9712c820e34cf449793d83b.jpg

The plastic looks nice. I'll try and get some pics up later.

I've heard the Aoshima McLaren kits are good. They're supposed to be better than the Fujimi ones. 

If you really want detailed, check out the Model Factory Hiro versions. 

Carl

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Carl

What a haul .. 

Looks like the forum members are starting to diversify their stashes

Enjoy

Peter

Thanks Peter!

About the only thing I don't have in my stash are ship models. Otherwise I've got planes, armour, sci-fi and cars. Even some dinosaurs. 

Carl

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The plastic looks nice. I'll try and get some pics up later.

I've heard the Aoshima McLaren kits are good. They're supposed to be better than the Fujimi ones. 

If you really want detailed, check out the Model Factory Hiro versions. 

Carl

I prefer them to the Fujimi. The Aoshimas have full engine detail, both doors moulded separately and enough of the front chassis in there to be able to take the front off and do a naked version. I also intend to do this with the Tamiya CLK-GTR and a kitbash of the UT Models / Tamiya Porsche GT1 for the big three of the 1997 Endurance season.

I realise the Fina Mclarens were the class of the field that year, even though Schneider and Mercedes claimed the title, but even so I believe the GT1 never looked as good as when in that Gulf livery.

20170804_222606.thumb.png.96129a3514c8fbab6978efc2c41dd64e.png

• Like 5

Guest DannyVM

Today i received some very nice book's from a very good friend of mine. My airplane book library is extended with about 41 superb books. He don't want them anymore, and the best part, they are all in a pristine condition.

grlIqv4l.jpg

g52Rtg3l.jpg

Zv9PRdfl.jpg

ilyVM9yl.jpg

Sr4aagdl.jpg

On 12/21/2018 at 9:43 AM, Wumm said:

I prefer them to the Fujimi. The Aoshimas have full engine detail, both doors moulded separately and enough of the front chassis in there to be able to take the front off and do a naked version. I also intend to do this with the Tamiya CLK-GTR and a kitbash of the UT Models / Tamiya Porsche GT1 for the big three of the 1997 Endurance season.

I realise the Fina Mclarens were the class of the field that year, even though Schneider and Mercedes claimed the title, but even so I believe the GT1 never looked as good as when in that Gulf livery.

20170804_222606.thumb.png.96129a3514c8fbab6978efc2c41dd64e.png

My favourite has always been the short tail versions. 

Any car looks better in the classic Gulf paint scheme. 

I took a look at the BMW and overall it looks pretty good. 

IMG_20181222_143101-L.jpg

The only concern I have is you're supposed to cut away part of the upper fender for a vent but it only leaves a small lip if plastic on the edge which might be a challenge to keep from breaking. 

IMG_20181222_143127-L.jpg

Since you're a fellow McLaren F1 fan, here's a couple pics of the MFH kit which I'll get to one day. 

IMG_20181222_143342-L.jpg

IMG_20181222_143331-L.jpg

IMG_20181222_143450-L.jpg

Pretty much all the body panels are removable.

Carl

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DannyVM said:

Today i received some very nice book's from a very good friend of mine. My airplane book library is extended with about 41 superb books. He don't want them anymore, and the best part, they are all in a pristine condition.

grlIqv4l.jpg

g52Rtg3l.jpg

Zv9PRdfl.jpg

ilyVM9yl.jpg

Sr4aagdl.jpg

Nice bunch of books Danny! I have a couple of them myself. 

Carl