The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Guest DannyVM
On 2/24/2020 at 10:57 PM, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

I got this yesterday for half price. Damaged box. :)

95iGA7.jpg

BtwaFK.jpg

Very nice catch Dale.

If you ever get the chance to visit Belgium you sure have to visit this big boy in La Gleize, Ardennes. It's in a bad shape, but the shere appearance of this beast just gives you an idea about the power which was behind this Panzer.

Photo's where taken by me in 2014

VcQvLzol.jpg

hCmGcCsl.jpg

uAmuAjwl.jpg

ep9E3TZl.jpg

6zMeUaPl.jpg

Qjm138hl.jpg

Dl63cJzl.jpg

Americans used this King Tiger to search for his weakness in it's armor when driving or marching by. The King Tiger was out of action and abandoned by it's crew. When American troops passing by they had a nice opportunity to look for it's weak spot in it's armor, evidence of the numorous hit's by different calibre hit's can be seen.

On 2/23/2020 at 10:09 AM, smitty44 said:

Truth be told I just pour a splash of Windex(make sure it has ammonia) in the freshly opened bottle. It sprays well right out of the bottle but the windex helps break the surface tension of the droplets and the smooth out right nice. I imagine most use it straight from the bottle.

Jeff speaks the truth.

• Like 6

There was another one in a sealed box for $ 29 CAD and I hesitated and its gone . I'll try my best to get back to the hobby asap . But we all already know that Mr. Tupolev will receive my undivided attention , rivets, fasteners, antennas etc..

195428b778908d64375e3bd32411956c.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

There was another one in a sealed box for $ 29 CAD and I hesitated and its gone . I'll try my best to get back to the hobby asap . But we all already know that Mr. Tupolev will receive my undivided attention , rivets, fasteners, antennas etc..

195428b778908d64375e3bd32411956c.gif

Historically true not Mr. Tupolev, and comrade (tovarishch') Tupolev :-)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Who would ever think that a viral outbreak would give our huge stashes a bit of rationalization. I'm gonna buy more!!!

A source told me that Zoukei Mura would be debuting the 75mm cannon-armed Hs-129 variant at the May Shizuoka show. With that show now not going ahead, and the ZM kit plastic being Chinese-sourced, that kit is going to be delayed a somewhat I suspect.

It's a time for rationalisation all round. Most of the larger items I deliver daily (beds, mattresses, coffee tables, outdoor settings etc) are going to be unavailable pretty soon; as they're Chinese manufactured and a lot of the Factories have closed down. It's an ideal time for local companies to step into the void, drop their prices a little, and claw back a little of the lost ground that's been given up over the last decade or so.

S

• Like 4