The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

16 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It's great stuff Rob, I hate to write this but the local hobby lobby has these in stock all the time.

I couldn't imagine not being able to get when needed.

I couldn't imagine either, but since last September it was impossible to get the stuff shipped here and there are no hobby shops around. That's the (little) price you have to pay living on a remote island and I will not go back to the big city, not for all the rattle can primer in the world :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

This is maybe my next project, as I'm eager to do my first Lozenge build. The kit is Micro Mirs Fokker E.V/D.VIII.
I added a resin cowling, seat and some PE by Aviattic and an Oberursel Engine made by Copper State (hope this will fit). Decals will be a combination of Aviattic cookie cut Lozenge and Pheon Decals for markings.
As the wingstruts seem pathetically fragile, I ordered some Albion brass tubes and connectors for soldering the struts. I will try to flatten the tubes to a correct shape.
This project will be lots of work and some scratching, but at least, minimal rigging.

Cheers Rob

IMG_6817.thumb.JPG.94854a5ab6d5f4ea200c13b74a9ccb87.JPG 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Never used this, I believe it gives a gloss base, do you need to thin it and at what ratios...........

Truth be told I just pour a splash of Windex(make sure it has ammonia) in the freshly opened bottle. It sprays well right out of the bottle but the windex helps break the surface tension of the droplets and the smooth out right nice. I imagine most use it straight from the bottle.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Never used this, I believe it gives a gloss base, do you need to thin it and at what ratios...........

I use it out of the bottle since years and never encountered problems. It dries glossy. you can use it as a clear coat or dip canopies in, to get a better transparency and hinder fogging to appear when glued. You can even use it as glue for thin foils or using a tiny drop on an Instrument panel, to replicate glass. It's great stuff.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2