The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

On 1/30/2020 at 6:08 AM, Wumm said:

Thanks Rog,

I suppose it depends largely on when the kits are available for shipping and the timing of the ordering.  Taking advantage of Freight options and exchange rates also helps I guess.

$264 is a little spendy, but it's in the vicinity. When you consider the U.S. price of $140 that Volks or Sprue are listing, factor in the exchange rate and two sets of Tax for the Importer and the end user to pay, and it comes back to $250 Au. BNA will probably be a little cheaper; but of course they're not also running a Bricks and Mortar store like Metro and Frontline are. 

S

Those guys basically order a few of anything they can months in advance ... they only get a couple of shipments per year ... But Lauren at Metros admitted that because a lot of their order was now filling out backorders, they'd probably start looking at expanding extras in future so that they retained a decent "stockpile" in-between.

I jump on Volks and I see what a kit will end up costing me including any fees and postage ... If they are selling the kit and shipping it to my door within $10 of what I can get it for here - I'll go with an Aussie outlet - mostly! (I did order my Ho.229 and Do.335A-0 from Spruebrothers and paid the premium if IIRC). With ZM ... this is usually the case. BNA aren't usually THAT much cheaper on the product - but enough that I've bought single kits through them before. For this order ... 3x ZM kits came to $864. I don't tend to throw around that much cash in one hit so I ZIP-Pay'ed it ... Same with Frontline's order ... And through either one - I'm probably going to have do the same to get the WNW or HK Lanc. 

Having said that ... I'm surprised that BNA haven't got their ZM order in yet!! ... 

Rog :)

• Like 4

BNA probably have, just haven't gotten around to listing it.

My local guy has just received the HS-129's but hadn't shelved them yet. He'll be selling them at the Metro price, claiming the exchange rate has knocked the price up a bit even though. Not sure if there's an RRP / MSRP set by ZM, he was a little Secret Squirrel about how he's sourcing them, and I didn't push the issue.

I weakened and bought the short-nosed Nick at $245. Have to save for a month now for the Henschel. 

IMG_20200131_143722.thumb.jpg.ff7a2c3893ee809ed522fc191f315bc0.jpg

S

• Like 4

Ok ... More stuff for the RAAF Project(s) ...

On Thursday the "Hornets Down Under" book turned up ... It looks like it might be ok as a reference but I haven't investigated it enough yet to be able to tell if theres any pointers to variant differences ...

YlIBHIr.jpg

Avydvgb.jpg

GHpVite.jpg

4rTqZAh.jpg

Dunno why they'd include a cutaway of a 'C' ... since we didn't use 'em????

XB8er4M.jpg

uDXmXP7.jpg

Yesterday my order from Spruebrothers turned up ... An Academy F/A-18D to be converted to an RAAF B

TScI7gw.jpg

It has be pointed out to me that a "Must Have" in terms of AM for jets is seamless intakes where you can get 'em ... most of which are corrected if there are dimensional or shape issues ... so I grabbed this GT Resin gear in the order ... for the 3 "Legacy Hornets" and the F and G kits in my possession.

AF3TtE9.jpg

• Like 5

Last package of the latest batch in ...

First ... An A-4E Skyhawk kit - to be repurposed as an RAAF A-4G ... I know there's a bent up fuel probe to be attached but other than that I think all externals are the same.

5gGFv89.jpg

Next ... the latest couple of Skyraiders from ZM ... Now I'm up to date with the entire collection :D

NU0Bfia.jpg

6LFDhiM.jpg

Rog :)

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Very nice haul Rog, what does the stash count sit at .....:D:blink:

Well ... That's an interesting question!! lol :D:D:D

I promised I'd post photo's of my shame ... er stash once the last of the ZM kits arrived ... and so I shall ...

I'm home with a tummy wog atm ... nasty thing ... but I intend to organise and clear the hobby room over the next couple of days ...

Once everything has been sorted and I'm set up for my "speed build" with Clunk-n-co I'll take some pics, do a count and post!

BTW ... I'm not a huge fan of Jap WWII planes but that Ki-45 is a smooth looker ... I think you'll like that kit - ZM have come along in leaps and bounds since the Shinden.

• Like 3

I'm a happy guy today, to you it might be nothing special, but today I received three rattle cans of Tamiya fine primer. Since last year it has been simply impossible to let the stuff being sent to my little island, due to security changes in our small airplanes the mail uses.
Somehow these three cans made it through, via ship. It would be easy If you could tell in advance, that spray cans should be shipped, but there is no way of choosing.

Cheers Rob

IMG_6808.thumb.JPG.0db4672167bbaaf6510ebc9df5d0873f.JPG

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

You guys with your Iwatas make me wonder...

I still use my ancient Paasche VL, but bought a fancy Grex at the Nats last year, but so far it's still in it's box....

I still have a Badger Crescendo I use from time to time. My oldest Iwata is at least  25+ years old at this point. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

You guys with your Iwatas make me wonder...

I still use my ancient Paasche VL, but bought a fancy Grex at the Nats last year, but so far it's still in it's box....

Send me the new one. I'll test it for you.....harv

• Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 8:40 PM, Artful69 said:

BTW ... I'm not a huge fan of Jap WWII planes but that Ki-45 is a smooth looker ... I think you'll like that kit - ZM have come along in leaps and bounds since the Shinden.

I love this kit!

Even better in the plastic than Jim's review of the long-nosed variant revealed. Although, for the price of the kit, I think I would rather have dispensed with the multitude of duplicated clear sprues, and had the two missing runners from the long-nose kit instead.

S

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wumm said:

I love this kit!

Even better in the plastic than Jim's review of the long-nosed variant revealed. Although, for the price of the kit, I think I would rather have dispensed with the multitude of duplicated clear sprues, and had the two missing runners from the long-nose kit instead.

S

Yeah ...

While I'm not at all convinced by ZM's obsession for the clear/opaque plastic detail reveal option ... I'm also not convinced that they would ever look at including multiple variants in one boxing ... It'd be like HKM whacking the Dam Buster sprues in with the standard Lanc or a Mk.B.IV bomber nose going in with the Tamiya Mosquito Mk.FB.VI ... Maybe charge less for the kit in the 1st place and dispose of the dodgy clear gear?? ... or include it like HKM did with the Lanc as a limited edition first run.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 10:57 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

You could write a review for the site then!

Ah yes, but if he did not pay for it, then the review would be - forcefully - biased and dishonest ... :lol:

As for fancy new airbrushes, let me keep my dream that they will make me a better painter :rofl:

Hubert

• Like 6

Latest arrivals here

IMG_4757.thumb.jpeg.fd7b1b1f7404d54ddff27cb25aa43c53.jpeg

I have always liked the Lynx, yet another retired A/C. And speaking of retired A/C my other new arrival

IMG_4756.thumb.jpeg.98a9a99db2924108ee7f6829eb591967.jpeg

Have been a fan ever since reading Flight of the Intruder years ago, movie is not bad either. My first Hobby Boss kit so looking forward to the build.The lynx first though I think.

Cheers

Kev

• Like 4

After my 1/48th Odyssey I felt it was time to get back to bigger kits as I was struggling with the smaller parts in smaller scale. So sold off what 1/48th kits I had left and used the proceeds for this little lot. Even managed to have them arrive on my day off, usually the plan doesn’t come off that way and I spend the next couple of days after the missed delivery traipsing from the post office or courier depot tracking my packages down. You’d be surprised how many times after a missed delivery you arrange to pick it up next day at the depot and they acknowledge that but still put it on the van to go back out in the morning for a second attempt and you turn up at the depot expecting to pick it up there and it’s gone out for the second attempt. Some courier companies I just avoid. 
C5D28373-4BC4-4C8C-81A0-BFEFB57B7DAD.thumb.jpeg.0b076bbbd4290f91c1666bd04d8ba6f2.jpegAAC04D74-8AAD-4CA9-AB7F-7BF9CBF6BC6E.thumb.jpeg.5a4e9e5d37d2915edb779aa01381fcf7.jpeg2970505C-4B58-4768-83B7-25FDEA499BCC.thumb.jpeg.8f42e9ef2cd65649103f0c471216b905.jpeg806233A7-430E-4FFB-952C-7D11CD935609.thumb.jpeg.100f1cfefdd73c4fcc735eacaecda5ec.jpeg

• Like 6

On 2/3/2020 at 9:42 AM, DocRob said:

I'm a happy guy today, to you it might be nothing special, but today I received three rattle cans of Tamiya fine primer. Since last year it has been simply impossible to let the stuff being sent to my little island, due to security changes in our small airplanes the mail uses.
Somehow these three cans made it through, via ship. It would be easy If you could tell in advance, that spray cans should be shipped, but there is no way of choosing.

Cheers Rob

IMG_6808.thumb.JPG.0db4672167bbaaf6510ebc9df5d0873f.JPG

It's great stuff Rob, I hate to write this but the local hobby lobby has these in stock all the time.

I couldn't imagine not being able to get when needed.

• Like 5