The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Seems to be a Russian thing happening lately.  I have one Russian kit in my stash, and it's due for construction.  But my new mantra is every model needs a figure and a base for scale.  So, I ordered a MiG 15 pilot from the People's Republic of Czech.  Hopefully it will arrive before too long.  But a pilot standing next to his plane would look a little bare.  So, for accompaniment I ordered this:

T32542.jpg.fbe81888c09b7f770c1fbabe1ab8d353.jpg

One thing I love about Tamiya is that they always supply a figure.  So my poor pilot won't be alone.

• Like 10

Slightly OT, but keeping me from modelling today. After an Odyssee of some month, my new Stereo Amplifier arrived today and is warming up for some serious hearing sessions. Call ma a happy listener :D. I wanted to have a VU-metered Technics Amp, since I'm a teen. Now this beauty will have to fight hard to outscore my old Symphonic Line amp. Sound wise, it will be close with uncertain outcome, but it has remote control, digital inputs, included good vinyl mm/mc preamp, ... and these sexy meters.

Cheers Rob

IMG_9667.thumb.JPG.6d25aa5074d381c33614ad7d36ca0da1.JPG

IMG_9669.thumb.JPG.9a0a2bfb388050fe9d4566f5306c2019.JPG

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Beautiful ! I am officially jelly :)

Me toooooooooooo. The CD drawer on my old Marantz broke last week as did my Technics deck. Fixed the draw, one part was phenolic the rest metal and that bit just crumbled. It useable but I have to open the draw with a piece of tape……..the deck is u/s…….damn and 💥…..enjoy Rob …..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/4/2022 at 1:59 AM, DocRob said:

Slightly OT, but keeping me from modelling today. After an Odyssee of some month, my new Stereo Amplifier arrived today and is warming up for some serious hearing sessions. Call ma a happy listener :D. I wanted to have a VU-metered Technics Amp, since I'm a teen. Now this beauty will have to fight hard to outscore my old Symphonic Line amp. Sound wise, it will be close with uncertain outcome, but it has remote control, digital inputs, included good vinyl mm/mc preamp, ... and these sexy meters.

Cheers Rob

IMG_9667.thumb.JPG.6d25aa5074d381c33614ad7d36ca0da1.JPG

IMG_9669.thumb.JPG.9a0a2bfb388050fe9d4566f5306c2019.JPG

Just be courteous to your neighbors.  One may be a Scottish Gentleman.  And you know what the definition of a Scottish gentleman is, yes?  A Scottish Gentleman is a man who can play the bagpipes...   but doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

Just be courteous to your neighbors.  One may be a Scottish Gentleman.  And you know what the definition of a Scottish gentleman is, yes?  A Scottish Gentleman is a man who can play the bagpipes...   but doesn't.

No Scots around here, actually no direct neighbors at all. The closest person is a very pleasant old widow100m down the road, who is hard of hearing. I can hear music as loud as I like without disturbing anybody :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Club meet today and a big score.  

IMG_0452.thumb.JPG.22b202d0cdc3367f67c257507132db73.JPG

The Italeri Crusader for 20AUD.  That includes a set of Friul tracks worth 60AUD by themselves.

Dragon Jagdpanther, 30AUD.

Dragon Marder II with Bronco workable tracks 20AUD.

AUD is worth 90 cents Canadian.  Or 71 cents US.  Or .62 Euro.   And...  .52 GBP

• Like 6

23 hours ago, GazzaS said:

And rare as rocking horse poop. All the people I know who can play the pipes do so as often as they can. It's not just the immediate neighbours that are the problem either - you would not believe how the noise of the pipes carries. You can here them 1km away easily when it's still. Heard some earlier tonight celebrating a certain sporting result this evening! (We beat the Auld Enemy in the rugby for those not aware) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GusMac said:

And rare as rocking horse poop. All the people I know who can play the pipes do so as often as they can. It's not just the immediate neighbours that are the problem either - you would not believe how the noise of the pipes carries. You can here them 1km away easily when it's still. Heard some earlier tonight celebrating a certain sporting result this evening! (We beat the Auld Enemy in the rugby for those not aware) 

I actually love the bagpipes.  I've been trying forever to get a digital copy of Rare Air's Mad Plaid album.  I borrowed a cassette from my cousin way back when and played it until the cassette player in my car ate it.

But anyway...   who wants to leave a good joke unused?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, harv said:

Can't wait to see what you can do with it....harv

Might be my first venture into F1 since my twens, let's see...

7 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Alan Prost for the win bit$&@& ! :)

I would have liked a Senna driven car, maybe a MP4/4, but couldn't score kit, details and decals as I liked.

6 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice kit there Rob. Glad to see you have the correct markings for it too. 

It's weird with these markings Carl, in some of the extra detail sets from Beemax/Aoshima you get the tobacco sponsors logo as single letters. I bet there are millions of youth smokers, being drawn in to the smoke via 1/20 kit decals :D. Next thing will be banning logos of frauding banks or unreliable telecommunication companies.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Haha 1