The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Again, another kit came. Purchased from nearby Tower Hobbies, I ordered this

yesterday and got it today. They don't have a big selection of model kits but they

have Tamiya kits and their shipping is cheaper than other places. Anyway , this time

I got the Tamiya U.S. Light Tank M3 Stuart Late Production. (35360). This is not the

older kit but a retool from 2018. It's supposed to be a pretty good kit, and a look inside the kit box confirms this.

DSCN0677_kindlephoto-1515594.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/7/2022 at 5:58 PM, belugawhaleman said:

This came today:

Tamiya's French Light Tank AMX-13 in 1/35. I was browsing Tamiya models

on an online shop and saw this weird-looking tank and , as usually the case, I'm drawn

to unusual subjects. I mean, just look at this thing! The canvas cover on the turret makes

It look like it's smiling! Anyway, A look inside the box reveals that it's a simple build.

DSCN0644_kindlephoto-57549913.jpg

DSCN0645_kindlephoto-58584734.jpg

DSCN0646_kindlephoto-58499694.jpg

Being the son of a French Cavalry officer, I am old enough to remember the AMX 13, and the introduction into service of the AMX 30. The first one replaced the Chaffee, the later the M-47 …

Hubert

• Like 4

I got the RFM on Father's Day sale as well, just need to gather sufficient reference material. Cromwell is Academy, I mean the same brains behind as in case of the Academy new spurs such as Pz II or IV did the Cromwell as well. Very prominent handwriting. Should be another 10 hour build. :)

t120524cs_maskovan__780.jpeg

• Like 5

This came today........or rather this evening as UPS was the deliverer. At least it got here!

Anyway, it's from Dragon. This is only the second kit from Dragon I have owned. The

first being a 1/6 scale German military bicycle. From their Black Label line it's their

British Armoured Car Saladin MK.2. I came across a video on YouTube that featured this

Kit and it looked interesting..... So I ordered one. It looks pretty good. Right off the bat, I

tried the fit of the upper hull to the bottom and they fit together perfectly. I think I'm

Going to set aside the kit I started and start on this one.  This is the third British vehicle

Kit I've purchased recently preceded by Tamiya's Matilda and Valentine kits.You might notice that I buy a lot of armored car kits.......I just think they're cool. The Saladin, with its

6 wheels definitely is! I'm pleased to see that the tires in my kit are molded in black and

not the funky tan color that I saw in the reviews. Well perhaps I'll do a build log on this and maybe........ Some weathering?

DSCN0678_kindlephoto-2783573.jpg

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

This came today........or rather this evening as UPS was the deliverer. At least it got here!

Anyway, it's from Dragon. This is only the second kit from Dragon I have owned. The

first being a 1/6 scale German military bicycle. From their Black Label line it's their

British Armoured Car Saladin MK.2. I came across a video on YouTube that featured this

Kit and it looked interesting..... So I ordered one. It looks pretty good. Right off the bat, I

tried the fit of the upper hull to the bottom and they fit together perfectly. I think I'm

Going to set aside the kit I started and start on this one.  This is the third British vehicle

Kit I've purchased recently preceded by Tamiya's Matilda and Valentine kits.You might notice that I buy a lot of armored car kits.......I just think they're cool. The Saladin, with its

6 wheels definitely is! I'm pleased to see that the tires in my kit are molded in black and

not the funky tan color that I saw in the reviews. Well perhaps I'll do a build log on this and maybe........ Some weathering?

DSCN0678_kindlephoto-2783573.jpg

It's a nice kit. It goes together very well. I don't recall any issues when I built mine. There is no interior detail though. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

It's a nice kit. It goes together very well. I don't recall any issues when I built mine. There is no interior detail though. 

Glad to hear it. The kit doesn't include the turret top machine gun that is seen on some

of these vehicles. It was, it seems, a M1919. I have a good picture of the mount and it

doesn't look to difficult to make one. I've already found where I can get the gun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belugawhaleman said:

Jeez! That camouflage looks like a challenge! Anyway, cool purchase. Hobby Boss picks a lot of interesting subjects for their kits including some cool pre-WWII Soviet

Tanks. 

I will stick with the conventional camouflage scheme

c11f49a783ab7f06086cb8c315cd9061.jpeg

china_ztz_99_mbt_by_deepskyer_d44igoc-fullview.jpeg

• Like 4

These past few weeks, some interesting kits and accessories have arrived.

All the photographs were found online.

The kits were all purchased on ebay at excellent prices. Zero Paints were purchased from Hiroboy in the UK. 

8OMNux.jpg

7CkvSj.jpg

7OX0HK.jpg

NzwIeZ.jpg

Indycal Decals were also purchased

WJ7bv4.jpg

PWVQqI.jpg

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

These past few weeks, some interesting kits and accessories have arrived.

All the photographs were found online.

The kits were all purchased on ebay at excellent prices. Zero Paints were purchased from Hiroboy in the UK. 

8OMNux.jpg

7CkvSj.jpg

7OX0HK.jpg

NzwIeZ.jpg

Indycal Decals were also purchased

WJ7bv4.jpg

PWVQqI.jpg

Nice set of car kits Peter! I built the Tamiya version of the XJR when (the correct) tobacco markings still came in the box. A couple AM companies do them if you're thinking of getting the car to look as it raced. 

Speaking of decals, the yellow 'vette with the stars and stripes is a C6.R and it looks like you've got a pair of C7.R kits. 

Carl 

• Like 3

Thanks Carl

I've always been an airplane guy and as of late, thanks to my brother, have also started becoming a car guy/model builder. Sometimes I get names and numbers a bit confused but try to match the decals and kits and figure it out as I go.

Absolutely correct about the Jag XJR-9LM and I wanted both kits. Hasegawa is a curb side kit and Tamiya, well is Tamiya with all the goodies and the Indycal decals are for only the Tamiya kit. I'll be buying a hopefully sealed Tamiya Jaguar not too far down the road.

• Like 2

From Nikki, the Takom parts girl, came my replacement Sprues for kit #1008 

all the way from China! The whole process taking about two months and $9.00 U.S.

(Shipping). What a pleasant suprise! No tracking available for 16 days of the shipping

time. I had just about given up when, on Sunday, I was informed that it was in Queens, 

New York. I was expecting it to enter the U.S. on the west coast.......strange. Anyway

I can complete that kit now.........when I get to it. The piece, A small hinge part, was not

On the Sprue when I looked for it. Very frustrating! 

UPDATE: The piece was missing when I was making the model . the Sprues

I got today in the mail HAVE the missing pieces. I didn't make this clear. Everything is now ok.

IMG_20220628_154827_kindlephoto-39974444.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

From Nikki, the Takom parts girl, came my replacement Sprues for kit #1008 

all the way from China! The whole process taking about two months and $9.00 U.S.

(Shipping). What a pleasant suprise! No tracking available for 16 days of the shipping

time. I had just about given up when, on Sunday, I was informed that it was in Queens, 

New York. I was expecting it to enter the U.S. on the west coast.......strange. Anyway

I can complete that kit now.........when I get to it. The piece, A small hinge part, was not

On the Sprue when I looked for it. Very frustrating! 

UPDATE: The piece was missing when I was making the model . the Sprues

I got today in the mail HAVE the missing pieces. I didn't make this clear. Everything is now ok.

IMG_20220628_154827_kindlephoto-39974444.jpg

Paul

Glad you now have the missing parts and can keep the build moving.

• Like 1