The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Absolutely not modeling related, but modeling affecting, this heap of mirroring metal finally showed up on my doorstep. My fingers will shiver from caffeine the next time and hinder me rigging my sailing boat :D.
The machine has also a record in her books, as the longest enduring shipping ever to my island. Bought in February as an available product from big A, it took until yesterday to reach hear. Interestingly the machine maker company is called rocket :rofl:.

IMG_E0172.thumb.JPG.ab6a9b38de232c97a2b8f0584551f71c.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Finally decided to take the plunge and buy a good circle cutter. Haven't had a chance to actually use it yet but I'm sure as I get close to decals and markings and trying masks for the first time, this baby will come into play.  I did find out after reading the instructions and watching a how-to video, it's recommended to also purchase the: DSPIAE MT-CL Stepless Adjustment Circular Cutter LOCATOR. Next purchase coming up.

QBJN14.jpg

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Finally decided to take the plunge and buy a good circle cutter. Haven't had a chance to actually use it yet but I'm sure as I get close to decals and markings and trying masks for the first time, this baby will come into play.  I did find out after reading the instructions and watching a how-to video, it's recommended to also purchase the: DSPIAE MT-CL Stepless Adjustment Circular Cutter LOCATOR. Next purchase coming up.

QBJN14.jpg

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Excellent purchase, Peter. The quality of the tool is absolutely great.

Just be careful, the blade has a tendency to try living a life of its own … unless I have not found the proper way to lock it in place.

Hubert

• Like 7

Just now, HubertB said:

Just be careful, the blade has a tendency to try living a life of its own … unless I have not found the proper way to lock it in place.

Hubert

I purchased one of these recently. It's a quality tool that's built like a tank.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HubertB said:

Hubert

Thanks Hubert for the heads up and a big reminder that care needs to be taken when using.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Peterpools said:

QBJN14.jpg

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Peter, it's a fantastic tool. Very well made.  I got it when they originally came out. It replaced a cheaper version from another manufacturer.

There's a separate tool/template that allows you to keep the tool positioned in the same spot and then adjust the diameter. Perfect for roundel. 

Also if you make multiple passes (rotations?), you can cut circles in thinner sheet styrene and cardboard. 

Carl

• Like 2

Some tools arrived last week, luckily in short time, as they will come in handy with my Duchess of Kingston build.

A tiny three jaw chuck for my Proxxon mini lathe. The originally provided covets are made from plastic, are very bad produced, having burr and plastic residues all over. I also added the drill chuck for the tailstock. Drilling cylindrical parts centered will be no daunting task anymore.

P1160486.thumb.JPG.29ab33647a7b15f8e2f3895c80e33935.JPG

Some extra hands are always welcome for rigging task and soldering. The magnifying glass has integrated LED lighting with adjustable color temperature and brightness

P1160489.thumb.JPG.454b149d2971b5c75caa53f5e664d35b.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

My UPS deliveries finally came; three packages.

From Tamiya came their VALENTINE MK. II/IV (35352) in 1/35. This one of their newer

kits and it looks like a nice one. It has link and length tracks which I'm really beginning

to like. It can be built as a British or Soviet version. I like the Soviet version because it

doesn't use the fender skirts......I like the way it looks this way.

From HOBBY BOSS I got their M706 Commando Armored Car in Vietnam (82418) in

1/35 scale. I've , for a long while, had a liking for this armored car having had a diecast

model of one of these made by Solido as a kid in the 70's. The kit looks nice and I'm

sure it will be a fun, slightly nostalgic build. Incidentally, my little diecast Commando 

was left in my dad's car after he totaled it back in '75 and I never saw it again☹️Dad was fine by the way.....it was a Mercedes, after all.

Last, is the kit I ordered from Kitlinx. Honestly, the experience wasn't as bad is I thought

It would be, but beware items listed as "One in stock for immediate shipment". I found

that the only thing " immediate " about ordering from them are feelings of regret and

distrust. Anyway the kit is the Tamiya/ICM Panhard 178. Tamiya offers this model as their FRENCH ARMORED CAR AMD35 1940 (32411). Although the box looks Tamiya, it

looks like its packaged by ICM. The box is not shrink wrapped, and all the parts are in

one big bag, not the individually stapled Tamiya bags. For some reason the Tamiya boxed kit, when you an find it, is cheaper than the same kit sold as an ICM

kit.  Anyway, it looks like a nice kit. The parts are nice and crisply molded. The Tamiya

version has a figure and accessories included that are probably from one of their other kits. It occurs to me I could build this in the Ukraine section.

Update: found a picture online of a Solido  commando like I had as a kid!

DSCN0655_kindlephoto-34997459.jpg

DSCN0654_kindlephoto-35058010.jpg

DSCN0653_kindlephoto-35119275.jpg

90178653_o_1_kindlephoto-68594.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1