The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

That is one big box. 

Whereabouts in Sudbury? My wife is from there. She used to live near Laurentian University and would snowshoe across the lake to work there. 

Greater Sudbury it says... Just down from Costco.

• Thanks 1

A next day delivery from nearby Tower Hobbies came this afternoon:

It's Tamiya's German Self-Propelled Howitzer Wespe  "Italian Front". (35358)

This is a 2018 re-release of a 1996 kit with new parts added. New parts include

build-up tracks molded in lengths,  two link, and three link sections. They are

nicely,....almost delicately molded . They feature realistic sag, and they look great! Also new is a set of figures with

accessories on a 2018 marked sprue. The barrel is molded in halves, and I may order

an Aber replacement. The Aber barrel requires cutting the breach end and other parts off the kit barrel. The kit barrel is short, so I don't think the seam will be much trouble to

deal with anyway. This is a small kit of a small vehicle,  being based on the Panzer 2 chassis. I think

It will be a nice build. Update: added a pic of one of the new track sprues.

IMG_20220723_153954_kindlephoto-23423630.jpg

DSCN0699_kindlephoto-27426501.jpg

• Like 5

😙Today my package came from Burbank's House of Hobbies.

It contained two items:

First, another one from Tamiya; their German Tank Destroyer Marder III.

Sd.Kfz.139 7.62cm Pak 36 (r) and Gw.38(t). This was the Panzer 38(t) chassis with

A captured Soviet F-22 1936 gun mounted on it. The Germans, however made a bunch

of modifications to the gun first; They re-chambered  the gun, modified its recoil system,

relocated the elevation contols, changed the sight, and added a muzzle brake. They

then called it the FK 296 (R). I've been thinking about buying this kit for some time.

I liked its odd looks and history. The kit Is like the Panzer 38(t) I built recently..... With

the exception of the tracks which are of the "rubberband" type, but really, they look pretty good.

I also bought an Aber barrel for the kit; their Barrel for German Tank Destroyer

Sd.Kfz.139 Marder III 7.62mm Pak 36 (R).

IMG_20220726_181956.jpg

IMG_20220726_182200_kindlephoto-26678221.jpg

ABM0035L005_0_d.jpg

• Like 6

• Administrators
On 7/20/2022 at 3:27 PM, Winnie said:

So THIS landed on my doorstep today courtesy of Ernie... Wonder what that could be?

I won't tell until I get home Sunday. I'm away in Sudbury, and don't have my bench even close to set up. We just moved, hence the Uhaul box underneath the nice LARGE box from the brothers of sprue...

https://imgur.com/ObWedem

Fra-gee-lee….  It’s got to be Italian…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My model area is a disaster area at the moment. total chaos. However, I did manage to sneak a look in the box that Ernie sent! Christmas in July for reals!

I won't post photos, as there are more on this site, let's just spit it out! A Border Models Lancaster! I'm besides joy and I have drooled at it and fondled some plastic in anticipation. 

I have looked at a few videos since I found out, and I must say it's a superb kit. Looking at it myslef, I can only pray I won't make a hamfisted mistake, as it is a serious kit. A little work, will make it a great kit!

As for impurities and damages, I have some very minor cracking in the clear parts, not enough to make it an issue, and obviously the same issue with the somewhat blurry clears. I concur with what others are saying, that there must have been a stop between the WNW work and then Border Models took over. No worries, My models are so bad it won't matter!

I looked at 2 other areas where I had spotted some minor damages in others' videos; the longitudinal ribs in the bomb bay, where  I found no damages on mine, and the canopy framing. I saw one that looked like a mangled set of tubes, but mine had 1 (one) bent upright, which I'm sure I can fix with a tad of gentle bending.

Their packing is getting better!

Ernie, I'm forever grateful for this one!

• Like 10

After a felt eternity, I received a packet from Germany with a lot of goodies. It seems like there is the plague called holidays erupting in Spain. During three month of summer, Spain seems to reduce all around activities about 50 percent at least :D.

First is this incarnation of the Lancia armored car, in Italian use, mostly, but there is also a scheme from the Spanish Civil War included, how can you stop me. The kit looks great in the box, with the typical CSM manual style, which I like even more than WNW manuals. In difference to other boxings, here are rubber tires included as well, with a great shape and NO middle seam.

IMG_0263.thumb.JPG.07260abeb98472708e906c7afabd7826.JPG

I couldn't resist the Heller Citroen HY, a car I drove with as a passenger, many moons ago. I love vintage Citroen cars and this quirky box is no exception. The kit looks good, with rubber wheels and different hoods for a '57 or '64 model. Interesting is, that many of the body parts are cast in clear plastic. You have only to mask the windows and spray the entire thing, not a bad idea. Decals for two cars look decent and include the dashboard.
Packaging was terrible, only the clear parts are stored in a sealed bag and even so a large one came loose. The other sprues are unprotected loose in the box, no wonder, two small parts are broken. 

This is my first Heller kit since my late teens, where I ruined a Delhaye 153 with a rattle can, which melted the body :rofl:.

IMG_0264.thumb.JPG.9e3681e0e484b3b1b5436a63dc9c8521.JPG

Last but not least, some more goodies, The lovely Diana the photographer from DEF Model in 1/16 for practice figure painting, a conical file from Tamiya, which will come handy for widen holes in wood, brass or plastic, some Ammo chrome tape to test and some needed colors, the yellow for my 1/12 Tamiya Renault RE-20

IMG_0265.thumb.JPG.118da92d6f37f76636467510cb2e9183.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Rob

Some very nice kits and looking forward to following the builds in the near future. Of course, I have a pit pass for the Heller Renault Re-20 as well - I've yet to get back to my Tamiya F1 Ferrari 312T but planning on doing so sometime late this fall.

Surely looks like you're more then serious about improving your figure skills with Diana.

Only Heller kit I have in the stash is the 1/72 Lockheed L749 Connie and without question, the most beautiful commercial airliner of all time. I also have a set of AM Eastern Air Line decals for the kit - just need to find the mojo, which starts with a full re-scribe, which for me is a brick wall that has to be climbed and overcome. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, DocRob said:

After a felt eternity, I received a packet from Germany with a lot of goodies. It seems like there is the plague called holidays erupting in Spain. During three month of summer, Spain seems to reduce all around activities about 50 percent at least :D.

First is this incarnation of the Lancia armored car, in Italian use, mostly, but there is also a scheme from the Spanish Civil War included, how can you stop me. The kit looks great in the box, with the typical CSM manual style, which I like even more than WNW manuals. In difference to other boxings, here are rubber tires included as well, with a great shape and NO middle seam.

IMG_0263.thumb.JPG.07260abeb98472708e906c7afabd7826.JPG

I couldn't resist the Heller Citroen HY, a car I drove with as a passenger, many moons ago. I love vintage Citroen cars and this quirky box is no exception. The kit looks good, with rubber wheels and different hoods for a '57 or '64 model. Interesting is, that many of the body parts are cast in clear plastic. You have only to mask the windows and spray the entire thing, not a bad idea. Decals for two cars look decent and include the dashboard.
Packaging was terrible, only the clear parts are stored in a sealed bag and even so a large one came loose. The other sprues are unprotected loose in the box, no wonder, two small parts are broken. 

This is my first Heller kit since my late teens, where I ruined a Delhaye 153 with a rattle can, which melted the body :rofl:.

IMG_0264.thumb.JPG.9e3681e0e484b3b1b5436a63dc9c8521.JPG

Last but not least, some more goodies, The lovely Diana the photographer from DEF Model in 1/16 for practice figure painting, a conical file from Tamiya, which will come handy for widen holes in wood, brass or plastic, some Ammo chrome tape to test and some needed colors, the yellow for my 1/12 Tamiya Renault RE-20

IMG_0265.thumb.JPG.118da92d6f37f76636467510cb2e9183.JPG

Cheers Rob

Some great stuff there! I have the other CSM kit of their Lancia. They are great kits!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Just love those Vipers and I've been collecting quite a few in 48th scale.

ufuwWU.jpg

The Sufa is such a mean looking plane, especially when you consider the LWF competition it sprang from. 

Kinetic is re-doing their F-16 kits. They've announced two so far, an MLU and a Block 25/42 USAF. I suspect they're going to go through the full series of them. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The Sufa is such a mean looking plane, especially when you consider the LWF competition it sprang from. 

Kinetic is re-doing their F-16 kits. They've announced two so far, an MLU and a Block 25/42 USAF. I suspect they're going to go through the full series of them. 

Carl

I'm pretty sure you're 100% correct and I'm all in. 

• Like 2

Again, another one from Tamiya; This kit is getting hard to find in stock, so

when I saw it on the Burbank's House of Hobbies site I bought it right away.

It's Tamiya's Marder III M "Normandy Front" (35364). Another Marder based on

the 38(t) chassis. Another nice little kit of a small vehicle. This time using a

PAK 40 gun. I also have the Aber barrel for this one. (35 L-05n). I'm

still waiting for my stuff from Hobby easy to come, but this will probably be last

Of my Tamiya run for awhile, there's a big 1/16 Sherman I'm going to save for. Also

Takom jeep in 1/16 I'd like. 

IMG_20220802_122554_kindlephoto-13501212.jpg

• Like 7