The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

7 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Had to take the pair of them. F-16 is complete, but, no instruction book dangit. 

These are for the ROCAF version but should get you most of the way there.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/image/10177585

As for the Eagle, there's an upgrade set out with some really turned aluminum engine bells.

Carl

• Like 4

• Administrators
3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

These are for the ROCAF version but should get you most of the way there.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/image/10177585

As for the Eagle, there's an upgrade set out with some really turned aluminum engine bells.

Carl

Thanks Carl!

I downloaded the instruction sheets, thanks.   It looks like this kit really needs some AM wheel wells.    How does it build? Does it need an AM cockpit as well?

As for the Eagle, I'd love to give that model the "full meal deal" as that was one of my favorite shows on TV as a kid, and as far as Sci Fi goes, the Eagles actually had a sense of plausibility about them. They LOOK like a spacecraft: function over form.   Unlike many of the kits I acquire, I'll be keeping these two for myself. 

• Like 5

Ernie, I used an Eduard PE set for the cockpit on mine but somewhat differently. I was able to cut the panels apart and use them selectively so I could keep some of the moulded in details so they weren't as flat. Otherwise, mine went together fairly straightforward. The intake can be a touch fiddly. I recall it needing a slight tweak or two. Zacto models make a nice intake for the kit. I can't recall if anyone does a wheelbay set though. 

I believe Scott is building one now on the site. Maybe see what he has to say.

For the Eagle, check out either Starshipmodeler.biz or Culttvmanshop.com

Both are great companies to deal with and have several detail sets for the Eagle. 

• Like 2

Just got this in the mail from bigTim, thank you, it's a 1/24 scale print of a ww2 US aircraft carrier deck. It's 18.0" x 17 3/4" just right for my 1/24 F6F-3 Hellcat (converted from a F6F-5).

I found some US Navy figures on Shapways, there 3D printed in lots of different poses. There a bit pricey, but not to bad at today's pricing.

20190718_151319.jpgIf I can find some 1/24 scale tie down strips I might replace the printed on ones. I know they make them in 1/32 scale, not sure if they make em in 1/24.

All I have to do is trim it to size and glue it to a piece of 1/2" - 1" thick foam board.

Ron G 

• Like 6

Don't worry, I will be printing more very shortly! I up-scaled it specifically for the 1/24 Hellcat when it came out.

Ron - I am not aware of any 1/24 PE tie-downs out there, yet, but I have suggested it to them. If a bunch of other people ask for it, maybe they will do it, so get on it!!

Tim

PS - I would suggest you glue it down first and THEN trim it, but that's just the way I like to do it.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Bill I’ve been collecting info on the B-24 since they announced the kit.. but never in all my years have I been so let down about a new kit as I was with the B-24J.  They screwed up every possible shape on that model except the control column. And that was FUBAR.  Even the main wheels are too big!

I’m holding out hope of slightly less hopelessness on the D version.

• Like 2

Here's a couple more pics I took. 

IMG_20190724_132650-L.jpg

IMG_20190724_132621-L.jpg

There was a presentation where they interviewed the USAF pilot that flew thus very Skyraider in Vietnam and he talked about his experiences there and after the war relating to the Spad.

IMG_20190724_134309-L.jpg

MVIMG_20190724_131215-L.jpg

IMG_20190724_131147-L.jpg

IMG_20190724_131116-L.jpg

IMG_20190724_130957-L.jpg

Pig tails any one?

MVIMG_20190724_130931-L.jpg

• Like 4

XP-82

IMG_20190724_130251-L.jpg

IMG_20190724_130432-L.jpg

IMG_20190724_124857-L.jpg

IMG_20190724_120008-L.jpg

While I was looking at these Mustangs, one taxied up into the space on the right side of the photo. I managed to take a video of it coming. I think clicking on the pic below shows the video.

VID_20190724_125137-M.jpg

After he shut down

IMG_20190724_125341-L.jpg

IMG_20190724_125618-L.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Oh my, thank you for sharing Carl.

You're welcome Martin! 

I managed to meet up with Richard Palimaka there and had a great time walking around the warbirds displays while we talked about planes and models.

• Like 2

I think we counted 17 of them. Plus one Allison engined one. Really a sight to see.

There were a pair of Mig-17s, the CWHM Canso was there but somehow I missed it. A bunch of Dakotas, a B-24 was circling but I didn't see it land. Same with a B-29. 

• Like 3