The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

So, Christmas is coming. Which kit do you want to find under the tree?

GazzaS

My wife won't buy me any kits for Christmas:(, she says I have too many as it is and not a lot coming out of the model room, apparently there are loads of boxes going IN but nothing coming OUT............................................................... HUH...................................................:hsmack:

• Like 5

Back in Europe I use to work for national lottery. At that time I met two people in separate occasions who won approximately 40 000 000 Slovak crowns that equals  to 1.5 mil. USD. ( big amount in nineties ), Both of them lost everything within one year, despite the fact, that the company provided lawyer and financial advisor .

• Like 2

I won 2nd place in the Michigan State lottery in 1998.  Second place paid $2500.  Then there is 40% tax to pay.  Leaving $1200.  My brother, Father, and I have all got second place once.  but never first.

A couple years ago I was talking to a French expat I worked with.  His missus worked in the same place, too.  He's retired now...  but he told me that for the last 40 years, he and his wife had never missed entering for each draw.   That's twice a week for 40 years.  They had never won more than 50$ and only on a few occasions.

I haven't entered the lottery since.

Gaz

• Like 1

I hear ya.  They're tempting me at work with a power-ball syndicate.  I think last time it went like six weeks of winning little amounts and ppl re-investing only for it all to go south eventually.

But I am tempted.  Nobody wants to be the only one to show up to work the day after the drawing...lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

No krissy pressy kits this year.

I guess we'll still be busy with unpacking moving boxes, decorating the house and getting settled in NZ. And wondering how it's gonna be like: life as an "emigrant".

44 days to go and another 40ft sea container to pack.... 

Welcome to the Commonwealth!

• Like 4

On 11/4/2018 at 6:38 AM, MARU 5137 said:

well.... I won on the Euromillions.:rofl:

:omg:

Thank you for your prayers.... 

So who went short on prayers....come on ..fess up !!:sofa:

so  I Won a huge Whopping £2.50.

:wtf:

so who wants a bar of Curly Wurly...   lololol....

:poppy:

Yup................ just like me, I'm winning the million dollar Lotto 2 bucks at a time................................... it lasts longer that way................. no tax and no lawyers....................:X:

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 2:22 PM, Ivan Ivanovich said:

No krissy pressy kits this year.

I guess we'll still be busy with unpacking moving boxes and decorating the house. And wondering how it's gonna be like: life in NZ as an "emigrant".

44 days to go and another 40ft sea container to pack.... 

"One Town's very like another,  when your head's down over your pieces, Brother..."

Although that's Bangkok.

Just wear a Rugby jumper everywhere. They'll love ya!

• Like 3