The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Airfix is planning new Hellcat in 1/24 !

Martinnfb

Looks great Martin, I've hoped for a decent Hellcat in large scale for a long time (Tamiya 1/32, do you hear me), but we might have a contender here. It seems to sport "stressed surfaces" and decent detail and a folded wing option. As longer as I devour the pictures on the Airfix site I can hear a voice in my head, 'buy me'.

Can't wait for the R-2800 Double Wasp in this scale. On Airfix.com it's on pre order status.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

18 hours ago, DocRob said:

Looks great Martin, I've hoped for a decent Hellcat in large scale for a long time (Tamiya 1/32, do you hear me), but we might have a contender here. It seems to sport "stressed surfaces" and decent detail and a folded wing option. As longer as I devour the pictures on the Airfix site I can hear a voice in my head, 'buy me'.

Can't wait for the R-2800 Double Wasp in this scale. On Airfix.com it's on pre order status.

Cheers Rob

I cant find that, link please?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

I cant find that, link please?

this is the link to the Airfix product page

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/grumman-f6-f5-hellcat.html

In my imagination I'm forming a way to build this one. One side of the plane represent the Hellcat weather beaten with raised gear in flight modus, the other side will sport a folded wing, open cowlings and lowered wheels and a clean state while being maintained on a carrier deck. No idea for the canopy yet :wacko:, but there is still some time till the F6 hits the shelves.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

I must resist...oh, who the hell am I kidding. I’ll be placing an order with Hannants the second they let me. 

After seeing the internal detail, I am going to build mine as an opened up one side cutaway, but with all the spars and stringers in place and drilled. One wing folded, one wing removed and on a stand with panels removed. Marine guns out for servicing.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...