The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HO 229 Mysytery Ship build

Harv

Looking simply outrageous. Completely agree with Gaz, that there is a point, where there is actually too much detailing, complicating the build and the fit. Their He219 is a perfect example. Mine has been on hold tor a long lime as dealing with the fit problems caused by the details wore me out.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 4

Mornin guys. Yes, lots left out. The kit comes with all the control linkage for everything. Those were omitted. There where a few parts I left in because I wasn't sure what they were and if they would help with the rigidity of the assembly. So far , so good. I will have to stop soon on this because I will need to use some of the conversion set to extend the pit frame.....harv

• Like 5

I really think so. Depends how soon I actually get the conversion replaced. I'm at the point right now I have to study the assemblies and figure a further game plan. Thanks for stopping by !......harv

• Like 4

On 2/27/2019 at 7:09 AM, Bill_S said:

I fully understand the sequence thing, Harv. I installed the front wheel long before the instructions said to...

Bill, at what point did you install the front wheel?....harv

• Like 1

15 hours ago, harv said:

Bill, at what point did you install the front wheel?....harv

install the nose gear PRIOR to installing the engines and cementing the upper fuselage frame. Much easier access to attachment points if assembled out of order...

• Like 2

Back at it but stalling. Wind gusts up to 50 mph, so no ab work today, witch I need to do before further assembly. May start on the wings. Thanks for stopping in.....harv

20190309_141120.jpg

• Like 2

I must be a crappy modeller.  Though I paint outside I never let the wind hinder me if I'm doing interior parts.  Tbhougb I do turn off any fans hoping that the dog fur won't make it into my paintwork.

Gaz

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

I must be a crappy modeller.  Though I paint outside I never let the wind hinder me if I'm doing interior parts.  Tbhougb I do turn off any fans hoping that the dog fur won't make it into my paintwork.

Gaz

I'm surprised I don't have cat fur in mine since our cat has taken to sitting in my lap these days when I'm at the bench. :rolleyes:

Harv, I think that wind storm has arrived here. Our trees are blowing all over the place. 

• Like 2