Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

So, what did you pay for gas ?

harv

$1.27 here today per liter..... and they are jacking the prices up 17 c per liter in Vancouver this weekend, some lame excuse about a pipeline slow in production that sends 'some' gas to Vancouver..............equates to about 68c /gallon.... can you imagine the outrage if that happened in the USA, oh , and one more thing our Provincial Insurance gougers ICBC have a deficit to fix, so guess who gets to 'fix' it............................yup.... ME up another 6.3% for basic coverage and another possible 14% for anything else, that is after the 8% increase from last year and I haven't had a crash !  I see the CEO on the tv telling me why I need to pay more and the deep hole they are in, BUT, I certainly don't see him taking a PAY CUT to do his part to help.................................... HUH.................. sorry, rant over ( for now LOL!!)

• Like 2

Currently paying $1.359 per litre at my local here in Brisbane, Australia. We are in the middle of a fuel cycle that fluctuates around 10 cents per litre higher or lower. A tank fill in my 2.0 Mazda 3 is usually 43 litres, and gets me between 650 and 700 klms combined, for an average of 65 to 67 ltr per 100 klms, or approx 9 cents per klm.

Of this $1.359 per litre, 12.35 cents is GST (VAT) that goes to the Federal Government and get re-distributed back to the individual States (also not necessarily the State it was earned in), and 39.5 cents is Fuel Excise that goes to the Federal Government and disappears into the Ether. Fuel is one of the few commodities here that is double-taxed, and no-one is able to satisfactorily explain why this is the case. We also are forced to pay the Singapore bulk price, even thought Australia only actually imports 40% of its Petrol / Diesel needs, supplying the majority of it's own requirements. 

• Like 2

Vancouver has some of, if not the highest prices for gas in Canada. It's 93.9¢ per litre CAD at the Costco near me in Toronto. Which probably explained the massive lineup. 

Jeff, I heard that BC is one of the cheapest places to insure a supercar because of the way rates are calculated on them. But due to the proportionally high number of those cars being written off in crashes, everyone else gets stuck with the bill. Hopefully they fix that bit. 

Carl

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

Baltersweiler, Germany, Saturday morning: 1.40 EUR/litre (95 octane super petrol/premium gasoline).
Per litre. Including 0.85 EUR taxes (PRT/VAT).

• 1.40 EUR
  • 1.58 USD
  • 1.25 GBP
  • 2.20 AUD
  • 2.32 NZD

Sehr interessant... 

Remove your tax component, and that's $133.85 AUD converted... our tax component @ roughly 50 cents, and the prices we pay for just the fuels are almost identical.

• Like 3

Carl, yeah you're right, sort of...... part of the issue is for sure the number of crashed, but ICBC has their finger in WAY too many pots..... if you crash her in B.C. it isn't the cops that charge you, even if you are impaired, it isn't the cops,  like most places on this rock, all the cops do is 'recommend' charges and it is ICBC who decides, and I still can't figure out that if ONE insurance company is representing BOTH parties, is that not a conflict of interest?? So consequently you both get diddled.... and for the gas tax, I'm sure that most of us would agree, that we wouldn't mind 'so' much if these governments would use that cash cow responsibly, which here in Canada, I really don't think they do....... certainly in some cases................................10 million to a terrorist comes to mind......bottom line is most of these governments , at leas the one here in BC wants us in electric cars............................ geez then no Corsa or Borla exhaust................. thatt's half the fun of owning a Sports car................ right Martin?!!;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Carl, yeah you're right, sort of...... part of the issue is for sure the number of crashed, but ICBC has their finger in WAY too many pots..... if you crash her in B.C. it isn't the cops that charge you, even if you are impaired, it isn't the cops,  like most places on this rock, all the cops do is 'recommend' charges and it is ICBC who decides, and I still can't figure out that if ONE insurance company is representing BOTH parties, is that not a conflict of interest?? So consequently you both get diddled.... and for the gas tax, I'm sure that most of us would agree, that we wouldn't mind 'so' much if these governments would use that cash cow responsibly, which here in Canada, I really don't think they do....... certainly in some cases................................10 million to a terrorist comes to mind......bottom line is most of these governments , at leas the one here in BC wants us in electric cars............................ geez then no Corsa or Borla exhaust................. thatt's half the fun of owning a Sports car................ right Martin?!!;)

But at least your diversity is your strength. Celebrate the differences between yourself and that terrorist.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

But at least your diversity is your strength. Celebrate the differences between yourself and that terrorist.

I can celebrate diversity much cheaper than 10 million dollars.......  I'd like to think I'm 'frugal'   :rofl:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jeff said:

ykaRpgL.gif

BC reminds me heavily about communistic Czechoslovakia, yet I don't like to go full on political. 

Since we can all easily find the gas prices around the world,,, let me ask another question guys :

" what is the total engine displacement of all of the vehicles in you household?" 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

ykaRpgL.gif

" what is the total engine displacement of all of the vehicles in you household?" 

2.66 litres for our two cars- 1.5 litre 4 cylinder and 660cc 3 cylinder.  52cc for my two 1/5 RC gas cars. 

Or about a single cylinder of your Mustang :)

Carl

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

ykaRpgL.gif

BC reminds me heavily about communistic Czechoslovakia, yet I don't like to go full on political. 

Since we can all easily find the gas prices around the world,,, let me ask another question guys :

NOT nearly enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2