The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

7 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Aye Caramba!  That's a lot of paints, Carl.

That's just the Tamiya, Gunze and AK. I have the Vallejo paints to my boys. Less chance if spills I figure. 

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

And a small flight of Corsair’s.........

Well, the Corsair is my favourite prop plane...

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

And a gaggle of Spitfires too.....

...followed by the Spitfire.

• Like 4

One of the toughest aspects of painting camouflage is trying to get it as close to the historical version as possible.

In this shot, I made my best so far attempt at the scalloped leading edges common to Messerschmitt wings:

odSjt9.jpg

And in this second shot you can see what the mottle looks like when distressed with wet 8000 grit micromesh:

rgZ6M1.jpg

• Like 6

Guest Dekenba
1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

One of the toughest aspects of painting camouflage is trying to get it as close to the historical version as possible.

In this shot, I made my best so far attempt at the scalloped leading edges common to Messerschmitt wings:

odSjt9.jpg

And in this second shot you can see what the mottle looks like when distressed with wet 8000 grit micromesh:

rgZ6M1.jpg

Those scalloped leading edges look pretty damned good - was that airbrushed?

1 minute ago, Dekenba said:

Those scalloped leading edges look pretty damned good - was that airbrushed?

Thank you!  I made 80mm long masks with my Silhouette Portrait, then airbrushed em.  I'm hoping that by simple enlargement I can use them for 1/32 scale/

• Like 6

Well, I got furloughed, then that was rescinded, but in the meantime i got started on this one:

jSlvOLT.jpg

Kittyhawk F-86K. I have a bunch of other things going too, but this one is taking most of the bench right now. Markings are masked and painted.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Winnie said:

Well, I got furloughed, then that was rescinded, but in the meantime i got started on this one:

jSlvOLT.jpg

Kittyhawk F-86K. I have a bunch of other things going too, but this one is taking most of the bench right now. Markings are masked and painted.

Well I see the problem, the rest of the airplane is missing. :)

• Like 7

Guest Dekenba
1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Well I see the problem, the rest of the airplane is missing. :)

Cuts to the Norwegian defence budget were particularly severe that year.

Fiddling, fettling, fussing...

IMG_20200502_131229.thumb.jpg.0f06f93ca147304682d23f48c854f027.jpg

Floor pan of the Zoukei Mura Ki-45 cockpit. Attempting different techniques to get the look I think I'm finally happy with.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Work continues....  I feel like there is a finish coming soon.

RxA3U0.jpg

Some figures....  if some company that makes figures creates face decals that work, they'll sell like hotcakes. (you heard it here, first)

LqGLKm.jpg

ApfM8j.jpg

Happy modelling!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Not much progress on the P11c right now, but made some changes to my Hobbyzone modules.

One issue I have with the tools' module is that it has a lot of small diameter holes, which are only useful for small diameter tools like files or fine brushes.

As I had some scrap thin plywood, I decided to modify two if my three tool-modules. I built boxes with 16, 13 and 10 mm dia holes, and substituted these boxes with the original horizontal multi-holes plate. I glued them inclined. The plywood is not the best, as it splits on drilling, but I used what I had, and only I know it could look cleaner, as you don't see much difference when it's loaded.

On the left of the pic are the two new modfied modules, and on the right the original one (which has still some use for the files and brushes).

i-7DHBndj-L.jpg 

A lot happier now with the bench tidying ;)

Hubert

• Like 9

I got evicted from my hobby room, it’s now my wife’s at home office for the time being. So I moved my work area down to the garage, which is OK, because I was going to be using lacquer paints for several builds..

1270F920-1CBA-4335-9FAE-A845FC4C047D.jpeg

• Like 10

On 5/3/2020 at 5:06 AM, HubertB said:

Not much progress on the P11c right now, but made some changes to my Hobbyzone modules.

One issue I have with the tools' module is that it has a lot of small diameter holes, which are only useful for small diameter tools like files or fine brushes.

As I had some scrap thin plywood, I decided to modify two if my three tool-modules. I built boxes with 16, 13 and 10 mm dia holes, and substituted these boxes with the original horizontal multi-holes plate. I glued them inclined. The plywood is not the best, as it splits on drilling, but I used what I had, and only I know it could look cleaner, as you don't see much difference when it's loaded.

On the left of the pic are the two new modfied modules, and on the right the original one (which has still some use for the files and brushes).

i-7DHBndj-L.jpg 

A lot happier now with the bench tidying ;)

Hubert

Hubert I have the one that your Flexifile is on and I find it about useless to hold smaller brushes. It seems that the bore at the bottom of the unit is too shallow to allow the brush not to tip or fall out.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Hubert I have the one that your Flexifile is on and I find it about useless to hold smaller brushes. It seems that the bore at the bottom of the unit is too shallow to allow the brush not to tip or fall out.

Agreed. It seems we all have some issues with the design of some of these modules. My mod is simple enough and requires a couple hours of work for someone with basic DYI skills. If others are interested, I can publish the template I drew, with dimensions. 

Hubert

• Like 3