Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

RCAF Lanc 10MP. This really is a group effort

8 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Ernie, have you tried any of the clear UV glues for making the lights? They're viscous enough to form into a shape and not run from where you place them on the model. I've used them a few time for formation lights. 

Could you use this to replicate round knobs on cockpit levers? It sounds like it might work. Can you paint it after it has set-up?

Ron G 

• Like 4

• Administrators
On 9/11/2019 at 7:45 AM, CrankyCrafstman said:

Could you use this to replicate round knobs on cockpit levers? It sounds like it might work. Can you paint it after it has set-up?

Ron G 

Ron, I’ve always used thick CA which I though worked pretty decent. 

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:17 AM, Ryan said:

Looks good Ernie.

Hey for those wing tips lights, how about some of those colored cocktail sabers?

Ryan

Of course they really only work after they've been immersed in cocktails. No good out of the packet. Now if you managed to devise a white/silver and orange "rescue lanc" cocktail....... :wine:

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Fidd88 said:

Of course they really only work after they've been immersed in cocktails. No good out of the packet. Now if you managed to devise a white/silver and orange "rescue lanc" cocktail....... :wine:

I’d say that, after an appropriate number of cocktails, whichever they are, you’ll get the colors you want ... Just my experience ;)

Hubert

• Like 3

On 9/11/2019 at 12:29 AM, Clunkmeister said:

Carl, I tried to respond to your post and it shows as an edit. Sorry.

I have, but what brand do you recommend?

Ernie, I've used two kinds. One called UV Gel from Gaianotes out of Japan. It works really well but is expensive for what you get. 

The other is Bondic UV . You can get that at Crappy Tire here so should be readily available in the US. If you can' t get it, let me know and I'll include a tube with your package.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2019 at 1:56 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Ernie, have you tried any of the clear UV glues for making the lights? They're viscous enough to form into a shape and not run from where you place them on the model. I've used them a few time for formation lights. 

All hail the uv gel!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Fidd88 said:

Here’s a start...  Compari, Gin and a float of Absinthe...

They layer perfectly for presentation purposes, then mix to a perfect Halloween orange when stirred

69067F21-D034-4652-BE1F-52AE355C3BDD.jpeg

• Like 4

On 9/11/2019 at 4:17 AM, Ryan said:

Hey for those wing tips lights, how about some of those colored cocktail sabers?

I alwas trrryyy tooo get theeese, but after a looong nught, I got unly yellow, purple and orange ones, hick, and a big hangover. Thanks Ryan :wine:

Cheers (I mean it) Rob

• Like 3

3 hours ago, crazypoet said:

Here’s a start...  Compari, Gin and a float of Absinthe...

As a cocktail addict I have to say lets try :D, but I will though without the masses of ice in it, enough to sink the Titanic. With chilled ingredients and chilled glasses, it will be all right. The temperatures should vary of course, because it makes layering easier. Love that Monkey 47 in the background.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DocRob said:

As a cocktail addict I have to say lets try :D, but I will though without the masses of ice in it, enough to sink the Titanic. With chilled ingredients and chilled glasses, it will be all right. The temperatures should vary of course, because it makes layering easier. Love that Monkey 47 in the background.

Cheers Rob

It’s a very tasty combo!  That was my first try, about a year ago - i’ve Since come to agree that it works best with zero ice, but with all ingredients near-frozen

and yep - love me some Monkey 47 gin!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

You high living cocktail folks are way beyond me.

I lime my liquor a bit more basic. Nectar of the Corn, straight 180 proof white lightning served up in a fruit jar.

B13846EB-64C3-4C79-96FE-D9AE371736BC.jpeg

Just don't light a match near it! Or breath on any candles.:D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Outstanding. I will try to find it complete. Is there a ready for inspection area? I have difficulty navigating this forum.

Yessir, there sure is and you find it on the main page under 'LSM Completed Work' and then you have the options for air- or landbased objects.
If it is a non LS of M build you find the section a little bit less prominent under 'Non LSM-builds' way down. There is a section called 'Non LSM, WIP and completed'

Feel welcomed to show us your work

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Holy ×÷+++÷//==€€€€€!!!!!!

Outstanding. I will try to find it complete. Is there a ready for inspection area? I have difficulty navigating this forum.

Dale, I’m still actually working on it and haven’t called it finished yet.  Hopefully by next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1