Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Hasegawa Nakajima Ki-84.

I finally got some time in. I had a great deal of trouble fitting the inner gear door. With my annoying numb fingers it took me two hours to get it all in place. Happily and building my confidence idid not turn away and leave it. This tells me my brain is healing from all of that harsh chemo. I was unable to do this just 2 months ago.

Modelling is a fantastic way to restore dexterity. Every day I fall more in love with my chosen hobby/therapy.

I have been spending time with the propellor. 

lwENPB.jpg

c85GkK.jpg

3MJ8Sl.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Dale, those look amazing. That Ki-84 is absolutely amazing. Same with the Ki-61. 

That weathering is absolutely subtle and stunning!

Hi Ernie.

Thanks so much for the compliment. It means more to me than ever with brain being able to concentrate on the task at hand. To read your word, words from a very fine modeller indeed, it is uplifting.

Thanks again to all you dealt with my illness and brain damage, your patience and confidence in me helped save me.

I am eternally grateful.

:notworthy:

• Like 2

On 2/23/2020 at 2:40 AM, Jeff said:

I can see why you enjoy this... the blending is coming along really smoothly, Mate......  how or what did you do to tone down the 'roundels' ?

Sorry not to have responded to this question.

My answer is I don't know. I have been experimenting with different types of pencils and pastels. I am working doing random things with ideas at the time.

My loss of short term memory is a problem. I don't know what I did. It seems each morning I must fix the night before.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Sorry not to have responded to this question.

My answer is I don't know. I have been experimenting with different types of pencils and pastels. I am working doing random things with ideas at the time.

My loss of short term memory is a problem. I don't know what I did. It seems each morning I must fix the night before.

No worries, I understand, but what ever you did sure seemed to work and doesn't need any morning repairs to my eyes.....  you have great skills Pal...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2020 at 3:04 PM, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Hiya Martin! Mate where have you been, i am told you went here.

He he, more less. But I am out now, not giving up on the idea, just changing the force. Dale, my friend I run through your build and the only thing I can say is:

4877155.jpg.90e1428a607c622f529080779ff3f184.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1