The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Model of the Year? What say you?

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

2020 must be the craziest year we’ve seen for 100 years when the Spanish Flu infected the World.  So we did a bunch of building.

I’d love to hear what y’all have to say about a “model of the year”.  Aircraft or Armor, as long as it was a new release for 2020, it’s eligible.  So tell us your pick.

My personal pick is very, very easy and involved absolutely no thinking:  the IBG Models PZL P.11c. It is flawless. Absolutely flawless. The detail is out of this world, and the parts fit perfectly. Plus, it’s a model of an overlooked, under appreciated aircraft.  

So there’s 1 for the PZL.  

Now let’s hear y’all. 

• Like 5

I second Ernie with the PZL. The only other highlight in 2020 was the repop of the AZ/Hippo Gotha G.V from Aviattic, which I count as a 2020 kit, because of the added goodies like included cookie cut night Lozenge and specially downsized bombs by Lukgraph.
When I let my eye wander over my stash, I found only these kits as a 2020 release and after browsing Scalemates for 2020 kits, I have to say, there were not many great new kits this year :2c:.
A special mention, alas I didn't got me one may ba the Me-108 Taifun by Eduard.

Cheers Rob

• Like 8

7 hours ago, DocRob said:

... after browsing Scalemates for 2020 kits, I have to say, there were not many great new kits this year :2c:.
A special mention, alas I didn't got me one may ba the Me-108 Taifun by Eduard.

Cheers Rob

Ther were actually quite a number of interesting new kits this year (at least to my eyes), which consecrated the emergence of Central Europe players:

Injection molded :

IBG's PZL

ICM's PT-13/PT-17 series, Fiat CR-32, and now, just before Christmas, the Tiger Moth !

Roden Pt-17

Eduard Bf-108

Mikro Mir Miles Magister

Dora Wings Dewoitine D-500/D-510

Resin :

Lukgraph Dh-89 Dragon Rapide and Hawker Nimrod

Silver Wings Tiger Moth

If, like me, you are into interwar, trainers, civilians, I'd say this was the best ever year :wub: !

Hubert

• Like 7

Oh, I found a small box with intriguing box art in my stash. It's a 2020 release and has to be mentioned here, albeit it is in
1/72 :poo:

It's the Grumman FM-2 Wildcat from Arma Hobby, a well designed kit, with masks and PE in the box, amongst several decal variants.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

I only bought three kits this year which is disappointing but I have a very large stash so I have a good selection to choose from, of the three the IBG PZL 11 is the one that I have had on my wish list for a long time as I am interested in early WW2 stuff so that would be my choice.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 5

Well it been almost a year but my HK Lancaster only arrived in January and I have been watching other builds and doing some research so I should be good to go in the coming year  . . . For me its the ultimate Lancaster bomber kit  . . . .

• Like 3

I have to admit, over the years I have never been into Japanese warbirds, but I have to admit, I really like the KI 45, it is a really good looking bird, and for some reason, I really like the looks of it....I suppose I should look into how successful it was on ops..... and the ZM kit looks really interesting as well....... huh

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GusMac said:

Haven't bought any kits with a 2020 release but my purchase of the year has to be the Dspaie side cutters. Amazing quality and cut through any plastic I've tried them on smooth as you like. :thumbsup2:

They are pretty awesome. Just don't drop them or they will break. Broke the blade on my first one that way so I'm on my second pair. 

• Like 4

On 12/22/2020 at 12:52 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

I went through the kits I bought this year and only two are 2020 releases. Both just arrived from HLJ this afternoon in the mail. 

PXL_20201222_205017832.thumb.jpg.00932bb8031a03a33df08aca2ed324fb.jpg

At least one is a plane. :D

I have to get one of these.   For me the Tamiya P-38H  in 1/48,   Just hoping for a 1/32 one. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1