Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Helping to clean up my parents' garage today and these were stashed all the way in the back corner. 

PXL_20230526_185112084.thumb.jpg.8c806f0461b3ee6b88770f2687072058.jpg

I also found 4 gallons of 20% nitro fuel for RC cars.  It's almost certainly gone off so I'll be taking that to the hazardous waste drop off. 

• Like 8

Dang, you guys get a lot of stuff.  No wonder why half of ya got to hide it from the missus.

In a bit of a buying freeze.  Paying for my trip to AusArmorfest has flattened my savings.  Somehow they took the payment for car rental, lodging, and tickets out of my credit card all at once.

https://www.ausarmour.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Dang, you guys get a lot of stuff.  No wonder why half of ya got to hide it from the missus.

In a bit of a buying freeze.  Paying for my trip to AusArmorfest has flattened my savings.  Somehow they took the payment for car rental, lodging, and tickets out of my credit card all at once.

https://www.ausarmour.com/

I just moved a lot of model kits out of a bedroom closet to do some cleaning.

I now , temporarily, have a tower of model kits in my living room....and that's

only about half of my stash......I buy too many kits.....I think, ....I'm not well.

wish I had a wife to tell me to stop!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

I just moved a lot of model kits out of a bedroom closet to do some cleaning.

I now , temporarily, have a tower of model kits in my living room....and that's

only about half of my stash......I buy too many kits.....I think, ....I'm not well.

wish I had a wife to tell me to stop!

Willpower 🤪……….I now have a rule no more than 20 in the stash…….this week I passed on a ZM Skyraider and Me 410 at ridiculous cheap prices………ironically my wife keeps trying to get me to buy more, she’s a keeper I reckon…….

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Willpower 🤪……….I now have a rule no more than 20 in the stash…….this week I passed on a ZM Skyraider and Me 410 at ridiculous cheap prices………ironically my wife keeps trying to get me to buy more, she’s a keeper I reckon…….

Lucky….

Just the other day my wife said no more until I either build or sell half my stash.  Just under 300 kits in it. 
I really do need to contemplate if I’m really going to build those 9 phantom kits or all 6 F-16 kits in the stash after I’ve already built 9.  I was all about building different versions of the same plane, but since then the 1/32 market has grown so much.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Scott

A good stash can be an issue with the Chief. We see them as money in the bank and builds down the road that very likely will not be there when we want to build them. Unfortunately, in most cases, the ruling powers to be, see them as just the opposite, can't understand why we buy countless boxes of kits, especially after seeing how many actually get built. 

At my age, I know I will never build what's in my very thinned out stash and now normally buy just to either replace the open space for a kit I've actually managed to build or even sell to make room for 'new blood'.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Just under 300 kits in it. 

I am right there with you Scott in numbers and alot of 1/32 of late.

40 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

We see them as money in the bank and builds down the road that very likely will not be there when we want to build them.

I almost pulled the plug on either the A-20 Havoc or the WhirlWind last night stopped and glad I did I have way to many kits.I will most likely make the NorthShore Model Show on 6/17/23 and only cash is king in those walls.I think I will bring the S-100 and pick a plane :dontknow:

• Like 7

I just did a rough count and I'm under 300 but probably not by much. I didn't think it would be that high but I think it just crept up over the last while. Too many kits that have yelled "Buy me Now!!!" which I've seemed to have heeded.

I suspect I may have to unleash the boys on some of them and thin the stash in a meaningful way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I suspect I may have to unleash the boys on some of them and thin the stash in a meaningful way.

I have tried that with some of the young fellas of friends to keep their hands/minds busy it's about 10% try and less stay with it.The electronic lure is just beckoning to much and what gets me once you win that game you have nothing to show for it?Hell I do not even own a cellphone never have and when I was Mgr they tried I told them if it's that important use the house phone.;)

This came in today builds into a very Nice kit also got some swastikas and yellow for the 110.

Tempest 001.JPG

• Like 7

I have somewhere between 120-130 kits in my stash.....seeing that some

of you have about 300 kits, I don't feel that bad now. I now think that I'll

mark 300 as a goal...then stop...Yes, that sounds reasonable to me,... Don't you

think? Yes,.....that's what I'll do...not crazy at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KevinM said:

I have tried that with some of the young fellas of friends to keep their hands/minds busy it's about 10% try and less stay with it.

The big problem is the boys are each starting their own stashes of kits they've bought themselves or.received as gifts. I think Edward has about 12 and Findlay 7-8. They need to build faster. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The big problem is the boys are each starting their own stashes of kits they've bought themselves or.received as gifts. I think Edward has about 12 and Findlay 7-8. They need to build faster. :D

Oh oh! Carl they have dad syndrome, very infectious and hard to cure...lol:rofl:

Ron G 

• Haha 3

A trip to my local Ace Hardware resulted in this purchase......

Tamiya's Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat (61034) in 1/48.

Not armor, or large-scale......but ,still a nice little kit.

I have a couple of the 1/32 Trumpy kits of this.....but

I know this will be a smaller , Yet less frustrating build.

133906-12332-98-pristine_kindlephoto-56740781.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Is the Trumpeter kit the one that has the wheel wells out of place?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

I enjoyed building this kit - goes together really nicely.  I added a bunch of AM to it, but even without AM builds into a great model.

• Like 3