The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

3 hours ago, Jackster said:

I have just bought this from a supplier I have just found, one35scale.com Kev

Thanks Kev, nice to see a new UK based retail outlet opening up. I’d never heard of them until you mentioned them. Have they been going long? Unfortunately they  have the Famo and trailer at really nice price. Unfortunately back on furlough so just have to sit and salivate........

• Like 5

8 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks really nice in the box. 

You will love it and for the stencils, there are hundreds.......looking forward to the build log.........what’s another on going build to add to the ( add number ) bench......:sofa:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Have they been going long?

I'm not sure Phil, they do take Paypal though which is always a plus for me as they are very good at refunding if a deal goes wrong. Postage was £4.99 Royal Mail 48 hr tracked which I also thought was good.

18 hours ago, Jeff said:

enjoy the movie..

One of my favourites and under rated I feel. Have not seen the remake yet.

Thanks Carl, must admit the tracks look a little daunting. May have to look at building a jig of some sort?

Cheers

Kev

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jackster said:

Thanks Carl, must admit the tracks look a little daunting. May have to look at building a jig of some sort?

Kev, they're not bad. I thought the same thing when I looked at them. They're designed well and if you're careful with the glue, they still work after assembly. 

IMG_20200804_153504.thumb.jpg.5844cdd36881c2303008e2512e01f01a.jpg

PXL_20200910_211504175.thumb.jpg.a9b3238f4a28ad8bf64e2f39793a3b1a.jpg

• Like 7

Newer, and a great basis for an Fw-190. But still not IMHO a vast improvement over the Hasegawa kits. In fact, some of the mould technology looks more like a kit from the 70's.

IMG_20210406_174800.thumb.jpg.818e02e4313fbc0e0192fcfde4c3108f.jpg

A gift from my Wife for my recent Birthday... Which means I have to build it (and offload another from the stash).

S

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Wumm said:

In fact, some of the mould technology looks more like a kit from the 70's.

For example; this obvious step on the fuselage sides, looking like they've just sandwiched two pieces together rather than made a complete side in one attempt.

IMG_20210503_115922.thumb.jpg.e4ffd7c82804f01ee4f18feb2747290c.jpg

Really bizarre for a kit from a mainstream Manufacturer in the 21st Century, especially as it doesn't appear on the earlier incarnations of these moulds.

IMG_20210503_122547.thumb.jpg.5b9adc8bc736b5ddfa100073f9ec7026.jpg

S

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

And now for something big.........A Trumpeter 1/16 scale SU-100. I found this within

A large box at my front door today. This big model is a companion to the Trumpy  

T-34/76-1943 that I already have in my stash.  Building this will be a massive undertaking.  It has over 1000 parts!  Anyway, here's a picture of the box.

Update: I just ordered an aluminum barrel for this kit from a German vendor.....I'm sure that it'll take forever to ship. Also today came some glass

Eye droppers and .4mm drill bits.

IMG_20210504_145119.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Hang on, this has roundels, I thought that was a ........^_^........what were the other goodies.......

There was a (unique) civilian version (G-AGOI), Phil, otherwise I’d have passed :popo:. The other goodies are a Braille scale Lockheed Vega, for reference purposes, just in case someone has an idea of scratchbuilding a 1/32 version :rolleyes:, some weathering powders, and books on the Avia B-534, the Trident, and an old issue of Air Magazine on the Brewster Buffalo...

Got the Whirlwind for less than 60 €, direct from Special Hobby, with the « club » reduction.

I need to take the time for a box-opening review. But on the other hand, the lock-down in Portugal is finished and the weather is good for golfing B).

Hubert

• Like 11

These finally came in the mail today.........from BNA in Australia. Don't laugh it was

the only place that I could find that had them in stock. It took awhile to get to Gurnee,

Illinois but it was worth it. They are metal tracks for a t-55 tank made by MasterClub

in1/35 scale. They are OMsh  type and I hope they will fit my Tamiya kit. Each track link

requires two tiny resin pins to fit in place. I could not find any Friulmodel tracks in stock

anywhere. Anyway, here's a picture of the box.

IMG_20210506_170916_kindlephoto-281295892.jpg

• Like 5

Ok. For years I've asked for someone somewhere to trade Fisher PT Ryan with me. I had the radial engin one but wanted the inline engine one, and it finally happened. Recieved it in the mail yesterday. Big surprise to me ,it comes with a set of beautiful floats. Not sure I'll use them though.....harv

20210507_112830.jpg

20210507_113034.jpg

20210507_113143.jpg

• Like 9

On 5/6/2021 at 2:36 PM, HubertB said:

There was a (unique) civilian version (G-AGOI), Phil, otherwise I’d have passed :popo:. The other goodies are a Braille scale Lockheed Vega, for reference purposes, just in case someone has an idea of scratchbuilding a 1/32 version :rolleyes:, some weathering powders, and books on the Avia B-534, the Trident, and an old issue of Air Magazine on the Brewster Buffalo...

Got the Whirlwind for less than 60 €, direct from Special Hobby, with the « club » reduction.

I need to take the time for a box-opening review. But on the other hand, the lock-down in Portugal is finished and the weather is good for golfing B).

Hubert

Hubert. Do I hear you saying , that you have 1/32 B-534 in your stash ? :)

• Like 4