The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Today, among some long awaited vinyls, the postwoman brought me that beauty, a Japanese version of the F-4E in it's final livery from the Japanese Airforce in 2020. 
Why, some of you might ask, will you buy a ZM F-4 with the Tamiya one on the shelves soon. I got three reasons:
- First and most important, I couldn't resist the disco inferno paintjob with glitter decals, luckily printed by Cartograph
- I wanted a long nose Phantom, because I have a F-4B boxing from Eduard with all AM and who knows, if and when Tamiya decides to produce one.
- Lastly, because the kit got a lot of praise, not the least here from Phil here.

All that turned out enough to counter the arising stencil drama, where at least, I wouldn't discover if they are wrongly orientated, being Japanese ;).

Cheers Rob

IMG_8841.thumb.JPG.b3d592582048ee0641e7b027380eec17.JPG

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

Today, among some long awaited vinyls, the postwoman brought me that beauty, a Japanese version of the F-4E in it's final livery from the Japanese Airforce in 2020. 
Why, some of you might ask, will you buy a ZM F-4 with the Tamiya one on the shelves soon. I got three reasons:
- First and most important, I couldn't resist the disco inferno paintjob with glitter decals, luckily printed by Cartograph
- I wanted a long nose Phantom, because I have a F-4B boxing from Eduard with all AM and who knows, if and when Tamiya decides to produce one.
- Lastly, because the kit got a lot of praise, not the least here from Phil here.

All that turned out enough to counter the arising stencil drama, where at least, I wouldn't discover if they are wrongly orientated, being Japanese ;).

Cheers Rob

Nice catch Rob as it looks very cool. 

Good thinking on the stencils as well. :lol: Must admit the number of stencils on Phantoms has always made me a bit wary of building one. However, if HKM ever produce their 1/32 Spey one......

• Like 7

2 hours ago, DocRob said:

Cheers Rob

I picked one last month. It is indeed a very nice kit. They've got a more standard scheme Kai coming next. 

1 hour ago, GusMac said:

Nice catch Rob as it looks very cool. 

Good thinking on the stencils as well. :lol: Must admit the number of stencils on Phantoms has always made me a bit wary of building one. However, if HKM ever produce their 1/32 Spey one......

The amount of stencils on a Japanese F-4 is a bit mind boggling. Here's the kit one. 

69111502_PXL_20210608_2208181082.thumb.jpg.423548114018c42edaef2b4d2d8ebb8e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Have I been an influencer……….heaven forbid……..Rob you will love the ZM, yes the stencils did take a long time but quite therapeutic……..at sometime I might just do another F4 from ZM…….the tolerances are similar to WnW a paint coat will through it off…….

• Like 7

19 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I picked one last month. It is indeed a very nice kit. They've got a more standard scheme Kai coming next. 

I've seen yours and it raised my interest. I'm aware of the more plain future boxing, but it was the disco glitter livery, which sealed the deal.

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Have I been an influencer……….heaven forbid……..Rob you will love the ZM, yes the stencils did take a long time but quite therapeutic……..at sometime I might just do another F4 from ZM…….the tolerances are similar to WnW a paint coat will through it off…….

It seems like you have to adopt to a new role :D, LSM Head of Advanced Influence or HAI in short, reads nice on a business card. Actually I like being influenced and got my  purse drained, at least model wise :rofl:. The F-4 could easily be my next build, lets see.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

On 6/8/2021 at 12:13 PM, DocRob said:

Cheers Rob

I also got the kit and man those decals.

I purchased mine to do a two-tone ocean black panther scheme now will do the kit DECALS!!!!  I hope they re release this kit

it’s sold out fast

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Jackster said:

This came today, to go alongside my Miniart M3 Lee Lulubelle from the film Sahara.

IMG_0100.thumb.jpeg.3d13704ae3d40740efddab28d52c0c40.jpeg

Had to order from the Ukraine but came very quickly.

Cheers

Kev

Does the middle figure  look more like Jim Belushi or Humphrey Bogart?   I was thinking of getting this figure set and a M3 Lee.  To put with a Border ME109 Shot down.  I know the ME 109 would be a later model, I know.  But I thought it would make a good diorama. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Does the middle figure  look more like Jim Belushi or Humphrey Bogart?   I was thinking of getting this figure set and a M3 Lee.  To put with a Border ME109 Shot down.  I know the ME 109 would be a later model, I know.  But I thought it would make a good diorama. 

I'd say Belushi myself. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1