The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

It was just on here in Au last night. Also, the 1943 Bogart Sahara was on one of the channels last Saturday afternoon. Then if you consider, Dan Akroyd's tank in 1941 was nicknamed "Lulubelle", and Jim Belushi was in the 1995 Sahara re-make...

PS Carl...

IMG_20210618_095540.jpg.8bdfb01a67ead25e1cb6ae91bff5a0f0.jpg

S

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Does the middle figure  look more like Jim Belushi or Humphrey Bogart?

Definitely Belushi as the figures are based on the later film version. I also have the Miniart US Tank Crew set and will use figures from there, instead of that one.

Cheers

Kev

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Mini art just released an M3 lee/grant with both lulubelle markings from the Jim Belushi and Bogart movies of Sahara, With a set of the figures pictured above

Typical, just spent ages tracking everything down separately :-) Always the way! Still missing a British Officer with a flat peaked cap but am sure will get one somewhere!

Cheers

Kev

• Like 5

With the news that Kitty Hawk was winding down, I decided to get off the fence and pick up an HH-60 kit. I ordered it from China on the third and it arrived today. 

PXL_20210621_220004220.thumb.jpg.c81ac4bcbef296ad49de7d3ee68450fc.jpg

Looks to be a nice kit and it'll go nicely with my Little Bird. 

Carl

• Like 10

So ... I finished my first 2 weeks away at work ...

It was night shift ... got back a week ago tomorrow and started organising the house and budget ... didn't get any time in for model work ... but I did go to the post office to collect a package that arrived ...

AzoLJxH.jpg

The first kit is a Dragon double ... What I really wanted was the one with the FlaK 88mm ... but this one will do until I can locate the one I'm after ...

ZUv44Ot.jpg

The next couple are the first 2 kits of the Border Model "Early" type Tiger 1 ... I've seen mixed reviews and viewpoints on this ... With it's simplified assembly layout, yet crisp detail, it seems to be the pick of those available - especially for the Citadel Dio ...

WklHGpX.jpg

nSNhGyl.jpg

I'm hoping that when I arrive home in 2 weeks from this next swing I can get cracking on my WIP ...

Until then ...

Rog :)

• Like 8

I ordered some Reskit burner cans from Hannant's and those arrived today. 

PXL_20210623_042858046.thumb.jpg.0eb122a3747e5d7e5d94cad6fec83666.jpg

The F-5 ones are absolutely tiny compared to the Super Hornet ones much less those for the Mig-29.

I also had a small order HLJ arrive at the same time. 

An F-16 Night Falcon

PXL_20210623_042807407.thumb.jpg.a7a1d520e147f16a09a6547aae1d2a73.jpg

This goes with that F-15J Kai I got earlier.  Both are from Patlabor.

I also got the ADFX from Ace Combat.

PXL_20210623_042821880.thumb.jpg.c84946d95505def4336b58c71dbc94e9.jpg

It seems I'm slowly building a collection of 1/144 fictional aircraft. 

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Artful69 said:

So ... I finished my first 2 weeks away at work ...

It was night shift ... got back a week ago tomorrow and started organising the house and budget ... didn't get any time in for model work ... but I did go to the post office to collect a package that arrived ...

AzoLJxH.jpg

The first kit is a Dragon double ... What I really wanted was the one with the FlaK 88mm ... but this one will do until I can locate the one I'm after ...

ZUv44Ot.jpg

The next couple are the first 2 kits of the Border Model "Early" type Tiger 1 ... I've seen mixed reviews and viewpoints on this ... With it's simplified assembly layout, yet crisp detail, it seems to be the pick of those available - especially for the Citadel Dio ...

WklHGpX.jpg

nSNhGyl.jpg

I'm hoping that when I arrive home in 2 weeks from this next swing I can get cracking on my WIP ...

Until then ...

Rog,

Check the mouldings on the turret of your Tiger.  Particularly on the turret halves around the trunnions and escape hatch.  There have been reports on facebook about bad workmanship.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Rog,

Check the mouldings on the turret of your Tiger.  Particularly on the turret halves around the trunnions and escape hatch.  There have been reports on facebook about bad workmanship.

Well Gaz …

I’m a few hundred kilometres away from the kits now … but I guess I’ll find out about any issues when I start building them … it’s still looking to be a much easier task than building the dragon kit!!

• Like 5