The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Idea... missing the large scale ships here. ...

• Administrators

I agree. You can post any ship you like in the none LSM section. Especially if it's below 1/35 scale.

Personally I wouldn't mind if someone would posts a 1/35 Vosper or S100 Schnellboat from Italeri in the Armor section.

Or maybe a mini sub. Like the Seehund.

Or the coming X-craft from Italeri:

http://militarymodels.co.nz/2013/02/05/coming-from-italeri-this-year-135-x-craft-rn-midget-submarine/

Cheers,

Jeroen

• Like 1

I agree. You can post any ship you like in the none LSM section. Especially if it's below 1/35 scale.

Personally I wouldn't mind if someone would posts a 1/35 Vosper or S100 Schnellboat from Italeri in the Armor section.

Or maybe a mini sub. Like the Seehund.

Or the coming X-craft from Italeri:

http://militarymodels.co.nz/2013/02/05/coming-from-italeri-this-year-135-x-craft-rn-midget-submarine/

Cheers,

Jeroen

​Ooooo… Yes. Loved that movie, "Submarine X-1" when I was a wee child.

• 1 month later...

There are two current ship builds active in the non-LSM area.  Neither of them are plastic kits, though.

My 1/24 Civil War Picket Boat

Remcohe's 1/48 Armed sloop

I'd love to see others - there are some very interesting naval subjects out there, in scales that align well with the rest of this site.  I think the Italeri 1/35 PT Boat kit is still available, and i'd LOVE to see someone take it on in this forum..

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

The non LSM section is indeed perfect for that. Just to prevent that there are to many sleeping topic sections it is best to keep it like it is.

But please guy's feel free to post, i'm curious about you're ship builds.

Greetz

Danny

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Nice choice. I started with wood ships and they do take a lot of work but they look great when finished. I built the Bounty in 1/48 scale and the Victory in 1/90 scale. If you haven't build wood ships before make sure you get the correct tools especially for the planking of the hull. If you need any advice about what to buy drop me a pm.

Maxim.

Perhaps one of the lesser known things about me is that I also model in wood. Have you ever visited Model Ship World? I'm actually the founder of that site, and it's one of my proudest achievements. 

It's a great hobby and very relaxing. If I bust something, I can remake it without needing to send off for spare parts.

These pics are pretty old now from when I first started, but they are examples of what I built.

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 14.09.24.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 14.09.36.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 14.10.14.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 14.10.03.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 14.11.47.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 14.11.35.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 14.11.19.jpg

• Like 4

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Nice work! You certainly don't need my help. Thanks for sharing your builds.Visited Model Ship World many of times. Really great site.

I hope you'll sign up there too for your ship work!

• Like 1

Nice models James,

Don't tell anyone but I have a Revell 1.96 Cutty Sark on the way and have been wanting the Heller/Revell 1.100 Victory for years.

Sailing ships where my first interest before switching over to aircraft permanently... at 13 years of age;).
Cees

• Like 2

20 hours ago, James H said:

Perhaps one of the lesser known things about me is that I also model in wood. Have you ever visited Model Ship World? I'm actually the founder of that site, and it's one of my proudest achievements.

Nice stuff, I visited your Model Ship World sometimes and liked it a lot, very inspiring. I always had an affection to wooden ship models, specially smaller vessels, because of the possibility to represent them in larger scale.

A zillion years ago I started this one, after I visited the rebuild original in the french harbour of St. Malo. After reading one of your reviews here, I took mine out of the 'long forgotten box' and it might be a nice winter project, starting with the very fine double planking after finalising the gunports. Mentioned zillion years ago, I didn't thought about detailing the deck planks, so now for correction, I used a pencil for borders and nails.

Sometimes it feels just great to work with 'real' materials like wood and brass and not with some weird polymere outcasts.

Chers Rob

P1140528.thumb.JPG.7b2d4aac57a05f007f385e65d4a5fe39.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 months later...