The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

and the good news keeps rolling in!

smitty44

10 minutes ago, mikester said:

Wow!  Good news but not holding my breath, the 190s were announced a few years back and don't appear to be anywhere near close to being released.

There is some real nice looking CAD in the Old Man blog. They admit that with the FW 190 there has been some major hurdles, but have reached a turning point.

• Like 4

You know I can't turn away from another 109.  

Now... I know most of you have been building kits since your teens.  And you yawn when you hear another 109.  Well...  Unlike you, I was not building any models from 1985-2015.  So, all of those years while you guys were loving then becoming tired of what is still new to me, I had virtually forgotten my first true love...  models.

So please...  for the guys like me...  realize that we're all not tired of it yet.   There is still a reason to release new 109's.

Gaz

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Now that's some seriously awesome news. I knew as soon as got cracking on the Rutman kit, ZM would announce one.  :)

You deserve for Mike Swinburne to gift you the free kit he'll be getting!

• Like 2

• Members
1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

You know I can't turn away from another 109.  

Now... I know most of you have been building kits since your teens.  And you yawn when you hear another 109.  Well...  Unlike you, I was not building any models from 1985-2015.  So, all of those years while you guys were loving then becoming tired of what is still new to me, I had virtually forgotten my first true love...  models.

So please...  for the guys like me...  realize that we're all not tired of it yet.   There is still a reason to release new 109's.

Gaz

Indeed there is.  The Revell kit is OK but still fell a somewhat short as far as I'm concerned.  I prefer the Hasegawa G-6 which is really a nice kit  but availability is spotty at best.  Still plenty of room for a new G-6, I'm looking forward to it!

• Like 3

• Members
4 minutes ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

Horrido! I love Bf 109s...

...when being built by other modellers.  B)

"Jedem Tierchen sein Pläsierchen." (Different strokes for different folks.

And of course that's the way it should be.  Lots of models I would never build myself out there but still enjoy seeing them built by other people.

• Like 3

Finally a P-51B/C .. my modeling prayers have been answered and no doubt will be buying at least 2-3. As with the BF-109G and Ar 234 also announced, I have to agree with Mike .. IT COULD BE YEARS before the kits actually reach the us. It's great to know what is coming down the line but the when is as important. Reaching 71 this past November, waiting even a few years is tough to handle.

Peter

• Like 1