Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

HK Models 1/32 Lancaster Hints, Tweaks and Tips,

NigelR32

When is the official start date for that Lancastrian Ernie ??

The wingspan is massive as you know but the fuselage will be even longer than your standard Lanc with those extend nose and tail pieces  . . .

I , along with many others, will be looking forward to seeing this on your bench . . .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, FME erk said:

When is the official start date for that Lancastrian Ernie ??

The wingspan is massive as you know but the fuselage will be even longer than your standard Lanc with those extend nose and tail pieces  . . .

I , along with many others, will be looking forward to seeing this on your bench . . .

As far as I've been able to tell, the Lancastrian started in late 44 as a special built transport from Victory Aircraft, and apparently it was a hit, because they started building a bunch of them. I think they started building them in Britain, as well, but I'm not sure.

• Like 3

As many of you probably know 2021 is the 80th anniversary of the introduction of the Lancaster into RAF service. Xmas Eve 1941 saw the delivery of the first three Lancaster to RAF Waddington, near the city of Lincoln. As my small tribute to this great aircraft, I intend to start my HK Lancaster with the hindsight of previous builds at the start of the new year. There are a lot of tweaks to do with this kit and I shall endeavour to do my best as for me, this will be the ultimate Lancaster kit that I can build.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just got in my set of Aerocraft brass landing gear for the Lancaster from Ali yesterday.  Wow! Is about all I can say.  If you’re like me and like some good solid legs for a model this size to stand on, well worth the investment.  

Now I just need to find time to build it......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Just got in my set of Aerocraft brass landing gear for the Lancaster from Ali yesterday.  Wow! Is about all I can say.  If you’re like me and like some good solid legs for a model this size to stand on, well worth the investment.  

Now I just need to find time to build it......

They do make nice stuff....harv

• 3 months later...
36 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Resin2Detail has just released a couple new pilot's seats for the Lanc.

https://www.resin2detail.com/product-page/1-32-avro-lancaster-seat-upgrade-for-hk-kit-no-belts

I've got a pair on the way so will let folks know what they're like once I have them. 

Carl

WOW! Those look really sweet.

Ron G 

• Like 2

I spotted those yesterday Carl but as I have already converted mine . . . .

I do like the extra detail so will be interested in your view of them. I was a little put off with all the additional 'sprue' ??

I dont think they are badly priced either so thats encouraging  . . .. 

Ian

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FME erk said:

I spotted those yesterday Carl but as I have already converted mine . . . .

I do like the extra detail so will be interested in your view of them. I was a little put off with all the additional 'sprue' ??

I dont think they are badly priced either so thats encouraging  . . .. 

Ian

They look to be 3D printed. I'll be curious to see if the production ones are the same or if they're cast. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

There's a new option for the Lancaster cockpit. 

Robert Mrowzowski is making a resin cockpit for the Lanc 

Lanc_002.thumb.jpg.7de3b1ebf8778d5ddb7e006b726b9a96.jpgLanc_012.thumb.jpg.27a0a6b6ae1d14b1931fcee2b8f536df.jpg

As you can see, it replaces the pilots station in the cockpit. I'm not sure if it fixes the height issue of the platform or not as it seems to replace just a section of it. 

You also need an AM IP panel for it too. 

https://www.robertmrozowski.com/https:/www.robertmrozowski.com/shop/1-32-scale-avro-lancaster-cockpit-kit/

Carl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2021 at 8:33 AM, FME erk said:

That looks to be well detailed but unfortunately for us in the UK when you put together the postal charge and import tax it becomes extortionate . . . 

Ian

Hi, I ordered mine on the day he released it and it arrived 6 days later with no import duties £62 all in.

The parts are exquisite too! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wackyracer said:

Hi, I ordered mine on the day he released it and it arrived 6 days later with no import duties £62 all in.

The parts are exquisite too! 

Did it have the full value displayed on the box?

I am a bit out of touch as to what the rules and regs are...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nmayhew said:

It seems some items “slip” through and then others get spanked. Be interested to know the full rules ……..unfortunately another £60 odd on top is beyond me….

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 2:34 PM, nmayhew said:

yep $72 I'm going to use it in the cockpit only kit as it will be better viewed. The full kit will maybe have a crew loaded up.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's just been announced that Border Models will be releasing the WNW Lancaster.  Seems they're going to do a limited run of them around Christmas. 

They posted it on Facebook and had been picked  up by Britmodeler in their Rumourmonger section. 

Guess I'd better start saving my pennies again. 

Carl

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

It's just been announced that Border Models will be releasing the WNW Lancaster.  Seems they're going to do a limited run of them around Christmas. 

They posted it on Facebook and had been picked  up by Britmodeler in their Rumourmonger section. 

Guess I'd better start saving my pennies again. 

Carl

It it comes off it will be great that all that research and developement will not have gone to waste and the kit will see the light of day.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1