Jump to content

Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

JohnB

HB P-61 finished FINALLY

Recommended Posts

As you know, this model, after preliminary work, sat on my SOD for several months. I finally decided to go on and finish it even though it was a PITA from the word go. I decided to modify it from a "B" to a "A" with the shorter nose, no drop tanks and a few other odds and ends changed. I wanted to do "Midnight Micky" but the only decals available are in 1/48. I rescaled the needed markings to 1/32 and made my own decals using my laser printer and clear decal paper. The props and spinners are AMS resin. The wheels are resin from True Details.  I shortened the nose by about 1/4" or so for the "A". Paints are a combination of Testors and Colourcoats. National insignia and serial numbers are from my decal stash. Needless to say I"m glad to be done with this one! I hope y'all like it. :)

8-5 002.jpg

8-5 2 001.jpg

8-5 2 002.jpg

8-5 3 001.jpg

8-5 3 002.jpg

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dam buddy, love the bird. Thanks for showing it to us. Glad you finished it......harv. :151_41_44_712.09472830013627761

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I second to what Harv said.................... and special mention to the exhaust stains .................... HOLY, they look really good ! I love it !

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, harv said:

Dam buddy, love the bird. Thanks for showing it to us. Glad you finished it......harv. :151_41_44_712.09472830013627761

Thank you Harv. I very much appreciate that. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Yeah, I second to what Harv said.................... and special mention to the exhaust stains .................... HOLY, they look really good ! I love it !

Thanks Jeff. I'm happy you like the results of my labors. ;) I'll say this, it will be a cold day in H--- before I undertake another on of these!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1to1scale said:

She’s a beauty Clark!

Clark????? LOL

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic job, John!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done, John! I know from experience that it's gratifying to get something off the SOD. What's up next?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

That's a beauty John 

Thanks!!!! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Fantastic job, John!

Thanks Gaz. I'm glad to be done with this one! ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bill_S said:

Well done, John! I know from experience that it's gratifying to get something off the SOD. What's up next?

Thank you Bill. Now I'm trying to decide on my next build. We'll see! ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Gorgeous build!

Thanks Mike. I appreciate the nice comment. ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice save, your Midnight Micky looks stunning. I never realized how many glass surfaces the P-61 has. Needs the OD finish to recognize it. Love the look you achieved with your home made decals. Isn't it satisfying to finish a SOD build. Time to lean back and proudfully sip the pictured Martini.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DocRob said:

Nice save, your Midnight Micky looks stunning. I never realized how many glass surfaces the P-61 has. Needs the OD finish to recognize it. Love the look you achieved with your home made decals. Isn't it satisfying to finish a SOD build. Time to lean back and proudfully sip the pictured Martini.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob. I'm pleased with the finished model although it was a "chore" at times. Yes, now I can sit back and decide on what's next. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Stunning John, I remember you grappling with this one........perfect as ever.....

Yes, it did have a high cuss factor. I'm glad you like it! Thanks. ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you got it cussed into something that looks like a P-61 John.  Looks great sir.  :thumbsup2::notworthy:

Jerry

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, k5ikl said:

Looks like you got it cussed into something that looks like a P-61 John.  Looks great sir.  :thumbsup2::notworthy:

Jerry

LOL Thanks Jerry! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice build there John. I've got my own Shelf of Doom project on the bench at the moment so I can definitely appreciate the sense of satisfaction of getting them done. 

Maybe a Corsair for your next build? :D

Carl

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Very nice build there John. I've got my own Shelf of Doom project on the bench at the moment so I can definitely appreciate the sense of satisfaction of getting them done. 

Maybe a Corsair for your next build? :D

Carl

Thanks Carl. As it stands right now....YES! Another Corsair. LOL :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This build has a special value since it is a pig of a kit that was previously doomed and resurrected . Great work Clark :).

Just pulling your leg John 

Cheers

M.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...