HB P-61 finished FINALLY

JohnB

As you know, this model, after preliminary work, sat on my SOD for several months. I finally decided to go on and finish it even though it was a PITA from the word go. I decided to modify it from a "B" to a "A" with the shorter nose, no drop tanks and a few other odds and ends changed. I wanted to do "Midnight Micky" but the only decals available are in 1/48. I rescaled the needed markings to 1/32 and made my own decals using my laser printer and clear decal paper. The props and spinners are AMS resin. The wheels are resin from True Details.  I shortened the nose by about 1/4" or so for the "A". Paints are a combination of Testors and Colourcoats. National insignia and serial numbers are from my decal stash. Needless to say I"m glad to be done with this one! I hope y'all like it. :)

8-5 002.jpg

8-5 2 001.jpg

8-5 2 002.jpg

8-5 3 001.jpg

8-5 3 002.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Yeah, I second to what Harv said.................... and special mention to the exhaust stains .................... HOLY, they look really good ! I love it !

Thanks Jeff. I'm happy you like the results of my labors. ;) I'll say this, it will be a cold day in H--- before I undertake another on of these!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bill_S said:

Well done, John! I know from experience that it's gratifying to get something off the SOD. What's up next?

Thank you Bill. Now I'm trying to decide on my next build. We'll see! ;)

• Like 2

Nice save, your Midnight Micky looks stunning. I never realized how many glass surfaces the P-61 has. Needs the OD finish to recognize it. Love the look you achieved with your home made decals. Isn't it satisfying to finish a SOD build. Time to lean back and proudfully sip the pictured Martini.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DocRob said:

Nice save, your Midnight Micky looks stunning. I never realized how many glass surfaces the P-61 has. Needs the OD finish to recognize it. Love the look you achieved with your home made decals. Isn't it satisfying to finish a SOD build. Time to lean back and proudfully sip the pictured Martini.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob. I'm pleased with the finished model although it was a "chore" at times. Yes, now I can sit back and decide on what's next. :)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Very nice build there John. I've got my own Shelf of Doom project on the bench at the moment so I can definitely appreciate the sense of satisfaction of getting them done. 

Maybe a Corsair for your next build? :D

Carl

Thanks Carl. As it stands right now....YES! Another Corsair. LOL :)

• Like 1