The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

So,... any interest in a mojo restoring, quick little fun build?

Clunkmeister

Dont use all that junk on the inside of the Trumpy P-47 and it's an easy really good build.  Only fit issues are the gun doors.  I have a Has P-47 I may jump in with.  I'll need to see what my schedule is like.

20170202_145710.jpg

20170202_145818.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a slightly started Hasegawa P-47D, only started working on the IP and painted a few parts on the trees. Then I have a Hasegawa Zero that I painted the cockpit parts on the trees. I also have a Trumpeter F-105D with a completed cockpit, but nothing else done. And finally, I have a Trumpeter F-117 that is all black and extremely low parts count. So I think I’m in.

That gives me two weeks to finish the Marder I was working on.

Speaking of which, when is the other group build done? I finished the Mustang, just never took RFI pictures.

• Like 4

I am very interested in watching from the sidelines, and living vicariously through the builds of you all. I have enough started kits and projects to be getting on with.

As my Mum would say...

"Finish your Veges before you get Desert!"

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Well, I’d say start in a couple or three weeks and give myself 6 weeks. Anyone who wants to join in, feel free. 

Well ... If the Start date is 2-3 weeks it give me time to prepare ... I just don't know if I have the AM to hand ...

EDIT * I have brass barrels for my Fw.190's!!! *  :D ... So I should be a goer!!

I HAS to be Hase' yeah??

Rog :)

• Like 2

Love the idea Ernie.  I'll have to pass though.  Right now I am focusing on wrapping up Fa330 project (display base) and a few fixes on previous builds (P40B windscreen, P47 Slick Chick wing repair after dropping tool on wing).

Then I'm on to a few big projects. TAM Mossie and my first WNW builds.

Frankly, not sure if I am capable of "quick build".  I've actually tried mojo rejuvenation builds with little 1:144 Spits and knocked them off in a few weeks. 

Kicking off a 1:32 bird in a quick OOB type build?  It just is not in my DNA.  :)

Model On!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Beware the tailplane. :thumbsup2:

It builds like this.

CteJgc.jpg

I'm not sure what's going on there, Dale. I finished this last year, and I don't recall doing anything special with the tailplanes.

DSCN2307-1.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, harv said:

Would a WWI tank be cool ?........harv

They're always cool!  It's a mojo-restoring build, I'd say build whatever the heck you want just make sure you enjoy it! :piliot:

I think the ki84 tailplane angle issue in Dale's photo above is likely from not slotting the tailplanes together when inserting them into the fuselage. I wish I could say I never made that goof myself, but I'd be lying... 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

They're always cool!  It's a mojo-restoring build, I'd say build whatever the heck you want just make sure you enjoy it! :piliot:

I think the ki84 tailplane angle issue in Dale's photo above is likely from not slotting the tailplanes together when inserting them into the fuselage. I wish I could say I never made that goof myself, but I'd be lying... 

I took some pictures of my P-40, and I also tried the same on a Ki-44 I started too.

DFA3EA3A-43D2-4F23-A73B-B6BFBF8EF7B8.jpeg

629DB969-0AED-46E7-87E9-4596FB8FF156.jpeg

F86C006B-63D3-47D0-BC56-61EA7DB98D7C.jpeg

3AAD3FE7-1E9E-49FB-91EE-7E32FDDD9CD5.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/8/2020 at 6:32 PM, Artful69 said:

It HAS to be Hase' yeah??

Sooooo ...

6 hours ago, seiran01 said:

They're always cool!  It's a mojo-restoring build, I'd say build whatever the heck you want just make sure you enjoy it! :piliot: ...

3 hours ago, harv said:

Thinking about the Takom 1/16 Renaukt FT....harv

... Obviously not Hasegawa kits only?!?!? ... ANYTHING goes as long as what? ... It's completed in a 6 week period?

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 1/11/2020 at 1:24 AM, Artful69 said:

Sooooo ...

... Obviously not Hasegawa kits only?!?!? ... ANYTHING goes as long as what? ... It's completed in a 6 week period?

Rog, I’d say anything that you could build in a month or 6 weeks. I have three I’m looking at: Trumpy Razorback ‘bolt, Hase bubbletop ‘bolt, Revell P-51D-5NA

My idea was to do a quick something so I could put something on the shelf.  Just a mojo restorer

I’d say a Takom FT COULD be done in six weeks, but it’d be tough.  That’s a huge project

• Like 2