The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Size matters... Just for fun, what is the biggest box in your stash ?

HubertB

Mark31’s post in Ernie’s F-105 build prompted this interrogation: what is the biggest box in your stash ?

The size of the box does not necessarily correlates with the size of the content, btw. Some manufacturers have an uncanny capacity to have big boxes for average-sized kits. Take for instance Revell’s Hunter kit : the box uses a lot of acres, for an aircraft that is not so big in the end, if certainly not diminutive.

I’ll bite for my question : Trumpeter’s Titanic is easily the biggest box in my stash, and it’s full ! AMT’s LZ-129 kit (in 1/225) is close on its heels, but this one is rather full of air :) .

And to conclude, 3 of my biggest boxes are ship kits.

Hubert

• Like 5

My small stash (about 10 kits) is proudly displaying the EduArt P40N and the Takom Panther ausf.G w/steel weels full interior: quite big boxes :rolleyes: and rather full but not as big as those of BlrwestSir. :icon_eek: :) 

Sorry but no pics available; I'm divided from my bench and stash by COVID security measures as I've been caught by the movement restrictions in the middle of the transfer to a new house... :brickwall:

Andrea.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2021 at 9:25 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

For me, this is an easy one. My Max Factory VF-1S Strike Valkyrie:

IMG_20191011_142520-600x450.jpg IMG_20191011_142706-600x450.jpg

Swoon over that kit!!! ... another Macross lover :) ...

Now if I could only get my hands on an SBY 2199 in 1/200 ... with Falcons/Seagulls etc ... that would make my year!!

... and probably be the biggest box in my stash ... as it is it'll be a toss up between the HK heavies, the Airfix 1/24 Mosquito or the Trumpeter 1/16 Panther ...

Don't have time to measure them ...

Rog :)

• Like 3

On 1/21/2021 at 5:46 PM, DocRob said:

Nothing too exotic in my stash size wise. The biggest boxes should be HK's Uhu and B-25 only outranked by an Italeri Vosper boat, all boxes fitted to the brim with precious AM.

Cheers Rob

HK did a Uhu?? ... When? Where? How? :huh:

... I've got the ZM one ... and I know Revell did a couple ...

Rog :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Swoon over that kit!!! ... another Macross lover :)

Awesome. In that case, I've also got the Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 from Do you Remember Love in kit form. If I knew what those go for these days I wouldn't have started it but so it goes. 

Is there a 1/200 Yamato? I have the  Bandai 1/500 and they did a 1/350 but the old version. Hachette has a 1/350 part work of the SBY2199 version.

• Like 2