The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

what's on your to buy list for 2023 (newly released kits only)

npb748r

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Can it be built as our very neglected Canadian ones?

nope!

It's a Westland license built machine, so all fasteners are 11/32nd not 3/8ths... Also there are a few differences on the fuselage, like a bulge on the doghouse for the AC generator, and a few equipment exhausts on the starboard side below the pilots window. Amongst others!

However, I will be able to build three different Norwegian versions, and also 6 or so RAF and RN ones!

Cheers

H

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Practicing Eskimo roll was such a bad idea. :)

https://www.rcnhistory.org/lapierre/lapierre-bonaventure-feb-1968.htm

HMCS Bonaventure's downed CH-124 Sea King in Feb 1968. All crew was rescued and the helicopter was recovered (note the Bonnie's crane wires at the photo's right). It took 3 or 4 divers, along with the crane of course, about 4 hours to attach the wires to the Sea King's upper parts, turn the helicopter over and hoist it onto the flight deck. It was dark for the latter part of the procedure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unless there are some surprise releases (Defiant, Skua, Fulmar, Battle type subjects) I think that I am done for the year and what a bumper crop, all in 1/32 of course.

Revell Hurricane IIb

Infinity Val

Trumpeter Devastator.

Kotare Spitfire

Italeri MC202

Hobby 2000 Me 110E, at that price I had to

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 3

Dennis, never say never!  Still have 3 1/2 months to go before the end of the year.

since you compiled a list of kits bought this year, it got me thinking. 

Trumpeter Devastator

Trumpeter F-35B

Tamiya Spitfire

Special Hobby Tempest off eBay  

Revell F-14 (pre-owned)

Trumpeter TBM

1/24 Canadian Mist Beaver float plane

I’m still thinking about the Revell Hurricane and the A-20. But at this point I’m on build # 6 for the year.  I need to focus on pumping those numbers up!  Those are rookie numbers! 

• Like 4

On 5/8/2023 at 10:27 AM, npb748r said:

1. Ideal buys - HS123, C202, F-35B, Val, Ka-29, British Apache, Havoc, ACH-37A, revell meteor, CH54. 

2. what my pocket money will allow - HS123, C202, Val, Apache.

so 4 months on from my initial list, quoted above,  all has changed. I will still buy the HS123 once released however I'm not feeling that I need any of the other kits listed at the moment. I need to reduce my stash and I'm staying focused on that. However that 1/16 M10 mentioned above is making me twitchy ! My collection of 1/16 and AFV can be counted on less than one hand full of fingers but I've always had a thing for that tank and at 1/16 scale it's big enough for my eyes and fingers to cope ! So that's my new list. 

• Like 3