Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

what's on your to buy list for 2024

I posted a similar topic for 2023 last year and looking back at my list back then (see below) I have to say I never purchased anything on my list, partly due to lack of funds, partly due to reading build logs after the kit was released and partly because some were not released in 23 !  These were all 1/32 fixed wing, 1/35 helicopters. As per last year, would be interesting to see your lists (and know if you achieved them !)

1. 2023 Ideal buys - HS123, C202, F-35B, Val, Ka-29, British Apache, Havoc, ACH-47A, revell meteor, CH54. 

2. 2023 what my pocket money will allow - HS123, C202, Val, Apache.

So my 2024 list is now as follows, it will be interesting to see if this year I achieve anything from that list ! My wants list for non-newly released kits obviously expanded by all those on my 2023 list that were released!

1. 2024 Ideal buys - HS123, ACH-47A, revell meteor, Ohka, infinity Kate.

2. 2024 What my pocket money will allow - HS123, Ohka, Kate

neil

• Like 4

Given that I think the JetMads Viggen will keep me occupied for most of this year, my main ideal buy is a set of paint masks for the splinter cammo!

If it appears this year, the Border He-111 looks very tempting. 

• Like 5

Waiting on the A-20 J/K to be released.  I’m ready to pull the trigger on that one. 
And of course the S-3 Viking announced. Let’s hope we see it in ‘24.

I’m sure I’m going to get an itch for something different that will need scratching too before the end of the year. 

• Like 3

No kits but will be looking for AM stuff for my 2024 intended builds, unless a BP Defiant, Fulmar of Battle or something similar appears in 1/32 kit form.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 5

Pretty much bought what was on my 2023 to buy list as it wasn't very large at all:

Revell Hurricane

Kotare Spitfire

AM FW 190

Trumpeter Devastator with AirScale Detail set

I also bought a number of 1/48 scale kits, almost all weren't on my list; mostly Eduard, Tamiya and Magic factory Corsair set plus the MiniArt Jug

2024; 

32nd scale: DBMK Sea Fury

48th scale: Will continue to purchase select 48th scale kits, mainly WWII from Eduard, Tamiya, Airfix, Arma and a few others. Trying to purchase kits that include masks and some AM so I don't have to hunt all over the world looking for what I need for the build.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Probably just one, Border He111-H6. Only trouble is I have an unbuilt ICM 1/48 He111 in the stash, hmmmmmm two 111……….

For some reason I loathe 1/35 aircraft. It’s like the armor manufacturers hung a finger at us by saying “We hate your scale so much, we’re going to kit models you want soooo bad, but in our scale just to piss you off.”  
Just my personal hang up I guess.  
Edit:  If I win the lottery I’m going to start my own company making armor kits in 1/32. 😁

• Haha 8

There hasn't been a bunch of announcements so far for stuff I'd like to get so the list will most likely expand as we get later into the year. 

For now:

- 1/12 Bee Max McLaren Honda MP4/4

-  1/35 Takom Mi-28 Havoc

- 1/32 Jetmads JA-35 Draken

The last one is already paid for so just need to wait for it. 

Carl

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Definitely Kate and He-111 and Mi-28 from Border. The obsolete Revell kit will go to landfill. 

Gonna start a "whats on your bin list" thread🤪

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Edit:  If I win the lottery I’m going to start my own company making armor kits in 1/32. 😁

You know Airflups did ? M3 Grant , Crusader , Saladin and all their figures . In fact loadsa stuff but none of it with wings ...go figure. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

What I'd like  for 2024..

temp-Imageoukvjh.jpg

Too high of maintenance.  Think you’re spending a lot on building supplies like paint and thinner now?  Just the war paint alone is unaffordable on that model.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

25 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Too high of maintenance.  Think you’re spending a lot on building supplies like paint and thinner now?  Just the war paint alone is unaffordable on that model.  

Too true! 😆

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PanzerWomble said:

What I'd like  for 2024..

that would be a bit like a tamiya or ZM model for me, not enough skill and, to be honest, at my age interest. Plus I don't think I would be able to smuggle her past the wife - it's not the same as slipping a new airbrush into your inside pocket as you glide quietly into the hobby room unnoticed !

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Probably just one, Border He111-H6. Only trouble is I have an unbuilt ICM 1/48 He111 in the stash, hmmmmmm two 111……….

You should build that one with the Eduard AM a frigg'in Nice Kit!!;)

• Like 4

Just pre ordered Airfix new 1/48 Bristol Bulldog  ( release April) ....yes it's Airflups so it won't be a top shelf kit (in my opinion) , but apart from some ancient 1950's tool it's the only quarter scale Bulldog in town .

Given how Gladiators become popular I'm surprised the old Bulldog isn't represented in anything bigger than 1/48 , the colour schemes and sheer "butchness" of it make it a great subject to my eyes. I mean look at it , it looks like it wants to rip your arm out of the socket and beat you to death with it after downing three bottles of JD  😀 

1523744-24719-34-pristine-jpg.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4