The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

what's on your to buy list for 2024

I did not plan to buy any kits in 2024 but the HpH Kate to go with the Infinity Val was a tentative purchase until I saw the price £216, so I swerved and pre ordered the Border Kate instead at £72. We shall see how it turns out.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spitfire said:

I did not plan to buy any kits in 2024 but the HpH Kate to go with the Infinity Val was a tentative purchase until I saw the price £216, so I swerved and pre ordered the Border Kate instead at £72. We shall see how it turns out.

Cheers

Dennis

£216…………that is a little uphill……..hats off to Border……..their Fw190 sprues look amazing, so if the Kate is as good sign me up…….

• Like 4

On 1/12/2024 at 8:56 PM, PanzerWomble said:

What I'd like  for 2024..

temp-Imageoukvjh.jpg

Uhh, I see lots of AM looming, maybe, she has a knack for ageing surfer dudes :D.

Cheers Rob

• Haha 5

My kit list is very short, but that´s normal, as I spontaneously visualize a kit finishing idea and buy it then. Not much planning, but Airfix Sea King and Gannet are set, as well as a SBS 1/48 resin Caudron C.600 and - devil I did it - an already ordered Italeri (sacrilege :icon_eek:) kit, the 1/12 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Roadster, maybe with wire spoke wheels. Maybe the 1/24 resin kit of the Citroen SM made by USCP.
There is also the SBS 1/48 resin Macchi M.39 on my list. and a XPlus Spinosaurus, which at least is 1/35, which opens endless dio possibilities.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

On 1/12/2024 at 9:41 AM, Martinnfb said:

The obsolete Revell kit will go to landfill.

Now if that is not started are only a little and an He-111 I think I have a landfill in my backyard?????????:D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DocRob said:

My kit list is very short, but that´s normal, as I spontaneously visualize a kit finishing idea and buy it then. Not much planning, but Airfix Sea King and Gannet are set, as well as a SBS 1/48 resin Caudron C.600 and - devil I did it - an already ordered Italeri (sacrilege :icon_eek:) kit, the 1/12 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Roadster, maybe with wire spoke wheels. Maybe the 1/24 resin kit of the Citroen SM made by USCP.
There is also the SBS 1/48 resin Macchi M.39 on my list. and a XPlus Spinosaurus, which at least is 1/35, which opens endless dio possibilities.

Cheers Rob

You've reminded me that Italeri are supposed to release a new 1/12 Lancia Stratos this year. 

And the Spiny from X-Plus. 

• Like 5

On 1/12/2024 at 5:04 PM, npb748r said:

that would be a bit like a tamiya or ZM model for me, not enough skill and, to be honest, at my age interest. Plus I don't think I would be able to smuggle her past the wife - it's not the same as slipping a new airbrush into your inside pocket as you glide quietly into the hobby room unnoticed !

I can teach you a few tricks on smuggling kits in.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

You've reminded me that Italeri are supposed to release a new 1/12 Lancia Stratos this year. 

And the Spiny from X-Plus. 

I'd forgotten the Stratos. Never built a car kit but that could definitely tempt me.

• Like 5

On 1/14/2024 at 2:40 PM, DocRob said:

Uhh, I see lots of AM looming, maybe, she has a knack for ageing surfer dudes :D.

Cheers Rob

In my opinion, I think she always needed a few “aftermarket” bolt on items.  🤪

• Haha 5

On 1/15/2024 at 4:33 PM, GusMac said:

I'd forgotten the Stratos. Never built a car kit but that could definitely tempt me.

One of my favourites. I've got the much older Doyusha kit but would love a modern release. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

I also am tempted by the 1/12 Italeri kits; the big Mefistofele, the Alfas, and

also their 1/12 Fiat 500. I think the Fiat might be a fun project...

It seems to be a nice kit with good detail. We'll see, maybe.

Some of the vintage racers, like the Mefistofele and Fiat 806 date back to Protar releases and are a real mixed bag to my knowledge. I would recommend some research before biting.
The Bugatti and Alfa Romeo C8 2300 Monza and Roadster are relatively fresh releases and seem to be better made. Same can be assumed with the Cincecento, where Italeri also offers a cool Abarth racing version.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Some of the vintage racers, like the Mefistofele and Fiat 806 date back to Protar releases and are a real mixed bag to my knowledge. I would recommend some research before biting.
The Bugatti and Alfa Romeo C8 2300 Monza and Roadster are relatively fresh releases and seem to be better made. Same can be assumed with the Cincecento, where Italeri also offers a cool Abarth racing version.

Cheers Rob 

Thanks for the tip. Yes, I remember Protar now, ..that was a long while back.

I'll stick with the newer releases. 

• Like 5

The 500 and Abarth are both newer releases and not older kits. I'd like to get the Abarth as well. 

If you can find one, the Tamiya Caterham Super 7 is an impressive kit. It has a one piece chassis and aluminum body panels like the real thing. 

PXL_20220623_205319477-L.jpg

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Added pics
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The 500 and Abarth are both newer releases and not older kits. I'd like to get the Abarth as well. 

If you can find one, the Tamiya Caterham Super 7 is an impressive kit. It has a one piece chassis and aluminum body panels like the real thing. 

PXL_20220623_205319477-L.jpg

Around our area the Caterham is known as the 'Twat Killer' as so many mid-life crisis victims have wrapped themselves around trees or other immovable objects in them on the back roads in the Cairngorms. 

They look lovely but I'm not sure that a lot of those who buy them actually have the skillset to drive them safely on anything but straight main roads sadly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, GusMac said:

Around our area the Caterham is known as the 'Twat Killer' as so many mid-life crisis victims have wrapped themselves around trees or other immovable objects in them on the back roads in the Cairngorms. 

They look lovely but I'm not sure that a lot of those who buy them actually have the skillset to drive them safely on anything but straight main roads sadly.

Sadly a bit like all the middle aged dads buying sportsbikes way beyond their capability .....cop friend used to call them butterflies ...brightly coloured..... only seen in summer ..short lifespan . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

Sadly a bit like all the middle aged dads buying sportsbikes way beyond their capability .....cop friend used to call them butterflies ...brightly coloured..... only seen in summer ..short lifespan . 

My sister-in-law who's an ER doc calls them organ donors. 

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

Sadly a bit like all the middle aged dads buying sportsbikes way beyond their capability .....cop friend used to call them butterflies ...brightly coloured..... only seen in summer ..short lifespan

I got my first motorbike in 1977 and still have 2 in the garage. For many years it was my only mode of transport in sun, snow and rain and I regularly commuted into London for work once I'd moved out to the suburbs.  Always used to make me laugh seeing all of the Barry Sheen/Carl Fogerty/Mick Doohan/Valentino Rossi sunny Sunday men wobbling around leather clad on their motoGP/Superbike liveried sports bikes. As I reached my 6th decade I decide I no longer bounced well or recovered quickly enough to warrant the risk of riding so sold most of my bikes and haven't missed it. I now have more money to spend on plastic, paint and glue though.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, npb748r said:

I got my first motorbike in 1977 and still have 2 in the garage. For many years it was my only mode of transport in sun, snow and rain and I regularly commuted into London for work once I'd moved out to the suburbs.  Always used to make me laugh seeing all of the Barry Sheen/Carl Fogerty/Mick Doohan/Valentino Rossi sunny Sunday men wobbling around leather clad on their motoGP/Superbike liveried sports bikes. As I reached my 6th decade I decide I no longer bounced well or recovered quickly enough to warrant the risk of riding so sold most of my bikes and haven't missed it. I now have more money to spend on plastic, paint and glue though.

Much the same , been riding nearly continuously since 21 , my preference has always been air cooled bikes of the 80's ...within my limits and less likely to hurt myself . ..plus no point trying to road race on a40 year old FJ1200 so I can go at my own pace. The middle aged preening at bike cafes these days is something I avoid ..

• Like 5

I have problems reaching the legal speed limits these days never mind breaking them, no more flashing around with my hair on fire, but me and my 1976 Honda CB750 go at a more leisurely pace these days and only on sunny days.

New shiny superbikes hold no attraction for me, though in my younger days I would have loved one.

I bought the bike new in 1976 and no one else has ever laid a spanner on it.

My bike was my only form of transport between 16 and 28, I used it for everything no matter what the weather, I also worked shift so night or day did not matter to me.

Marriage and kids meant passing my car test and buying a car, which is a great way to get from A to B without getting cold or wet but it is not fun.

Most of the bikers I see nowadays are like me either silver tops or baldies.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 5