The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

I picked up an assortment of subjects the other day. I disguised the trip as an outing to take the boys mountain biking.:D

First off, something sci-fi. Gojira!  Or rather his mechanical doppleganger. 

IMG_20200715_205240.thumb.jpg.5e0e8cedf88a5817d8277259c386d71e.jpg

Next up, the new Rye Field Sheridan.

IMG_20200715_205319.thumb.jpg.d7dca85e61749f2c75a7cda039f4e422.jpg

Haven't seen any buildups of it yet. I'll most likely do it in the 3 tone NATO camo.

Next up is the new-ish Revell 262. These have been hard to find here in Canada. At least for me. 

IMG_20200715_205257.thumb.jpg.c6ec5386001a73c33bc8977cc341c0ec.jpg

Carl

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, GusMac said:

Ooh, nice Carl. Would love to see your Sheridan built - as you say I haven't seen one done anywhere and I've always had a soft spot for it for some reason. 

I'd like to see that as well. The Sheridan was my favorite vehicle to play in the Vietnam mod for the original Battlefield pc game. The developer's coded it very fast and nimble and I used to beat the pants off the opposing team until they all would start spawning in as anti-tank to kill me specifically.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Nice haul for going biking.........add another display case to the run..........:)

I was killing 2 birds with one stone. The hobby shop is about 30 km from our place but right on the way to the mountain bike trails. So I got the boys out for some fun and then on the way back, a quick detour. 

2 hours ago, GusMac said:

Ooh, nice Carl. Would love to see your Sheridan built - as you say I haven't seen one done anywhere and I've always had a soft spot for it for some reason. 

Same here. Don't know why but I've always liked it. Same with the Strv-103. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I picked up an assortment of subjects the other day. I disguised the trip as an outing to take the boys mountain biking.:D

Next up, the new Rye Field Sheridan.

IMG_20200715_205319.thumb.jpg.d7dca85e61749f2c75a7cda039f4e422.jpg

Haven't seen any buildups of it yet. I'll most likely do it in the 3 tone NATO camo.

Carl

I to hope to see this build to!!!!!      Some ammo for you.

afvag35048_lg.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Carl, one of the things I admire about you is your willingness to go far and deep in subject material.  Monsters, sci-fi, armor, etc.

I feel like an amateur in comparison, man.  I wreck armor, can’t do cars, my sci-fi attempts look like kids toys, and I terminate the Terminator straight to the bin. 

Awesome, awesome haul, man, and that Sheridan is beyond righteous 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Ernie! I don't think I've ever felt that I had to stick to one subject.  Too many things are interesting or catch my eye. Which can be  a problem in and of itself. But it makes it fun. 

Speaking of fun, it's buggy season!

IMG_20200718_160304.thumb.jpg.61f5443bf3dc25b321b7e7ca0b2eaa93.jpg

I picked these up the other day. The Avante was a must as it's an homage to an RC car I had as a kid. The Beetle was too good a price to pass up on. TamiyaUSA has it on sale for $169 but I was able to get it locally for roughly $135.  Still can't figure that price out but whatever. 

As different as they may look, they use an almost identical chassis except the Beetle has portal axles that simply attach to the suspension arms. Tamiya is probably the master at milking the various RC parts and chassis they've made over the years for maximum return. 

• Like 3

Today I got only one small 1/32 item, a mask set for my Roden Fokker DR.I. Following my recently trampled path of colourful WWI planes I added an Eduard OEFFAG 253 with some goodies like a resi seat, Aviattic sworl decals and HGW wood decals for the fuselage, all in 1/48.
I also got some jars of Tamiya X-2 gloss white, which proved to be the perfect base for Aviattic decals for my next WWI builds.

P1150718.thumb.JPG.8f668e9b4172c244ded432cb92af68ec.JPG

Even smaller is the Arma Hobby Wildcat, where the cover, the complete package, including masks and PE and good reviews lead me. 

P1150719.thumb.JPG.771553ec6e4dd0b80e2a3b85ee80a8fc.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

Today I got only one small 1/32 item, a mask set for my Roden Fokker DR.I. Following my recently trampled path of colourful WWI planes I added an Eduard OEFFAG 253 with some goodies like a resi seat, Aviattic sworl decals and HGW wood decals for the fuselage, all in 1/48.
I also got some jars of Tamiya X-2 gloss white, which proved to be the perfect base for Aviattic decals for my next WWI builds.

Cheers Rob

I use Tamiya white primer in the rattle can for my Aviattic base. That stuff goes down smooth as silk.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bill_S said:

I use Tamiya white primer in the rattle can for my Aviattic base. That stuff goes down smooth as silk.

Thanks for tearing my heart out :D, on my tiny island there is no way to get a rattlecan delivered to. I've three cans of light grey primer left, then I'm doomed.
I know that you can get the stuff for the AB as well, but always liked the rattlecans for primer because they are easy to use. 
I didn't prime the wings of my SSW twins and sprayed them gloss white instead. The surface was glossy and perfect to lay down the big decals. They were movable on the surface without tearing,.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Had a bit of a shopping spree with Central European manufacturers and sellers in the last 3 months. Still missing the Silver Wings Tiger Moth, which got shipped but seems to have been lost in-between Poland and Portugal ...

i-5dpRsGW-600x450.jpg

i-F9FHzF2-600x450.jpg

i-qkbL6hv-600x450.jpg

i-KgXqFKq-600x450.jpg

i-ffnMGTK-600x450.jpg

Hubert

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Hubert............I thought you were downsizing........:rolleyes:.........nice haul though.......

That's what my wife is telling me also :lol: ... I wonder why :rofl:

Does "reassigning with smaller kits" count as downsizing the stash :rolleyes: ? Help me with the terminology, guys. !

Hubert

PS: I gave away/sold some 13 boxes, and am up 5 ... I am still good on my target. If you want to help me more :

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the Skymaster Hubert. It's an airframe that's always appealed to me but I've seen some variable reviews of the kit, so would be good to get the thoughts of someone who's opinion you trust.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

I also received these today. The Land Rover and AFV club Draggon came with the dolphin     HH-65

3DF7964A-C6C5-4E67-9165-8530B9759321.jpeg

C937DED1-AD81-4510-8A7C-3B82F1164320.jpeg

C60C06B1-B184-4806-9EC7-EAA56FBF4260.jpeg

C082F447-7527-4A8B-91CC-15C4128E1A62.jpeg

Break ! Break ! There’s flak hidden in the middle of the targets :tank:!

Hubert:piliot:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, HubertB said:

Break ! Break ! There’s flak hidden in the middle of the targets :tank:!

Yeah but the Defender is worth too much to strafe. At least in the US. Unless it's an illegal import where it'll get crushed instead. :lol:

Carl

• Like 3
  • Haha 1