Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

A good week for me...  two kits and two books.  The two kits finally bring the world of Bronco to me.IMG_0253.thumb.JPG.f858b257a543131e00fdea53a41d7c32.JPG

AFAIK, neither AFV is modelled by anyone else.  The Marder II has moved up to  'next' in the build queue since I can't seem to get everything back into the box well enough to close it totally.

And...  I been buying up German soldiers, sailors, and airmen's memoirs as fast as I can find them in english.  Most, courtesy of Book depository.  I've bought a bio on Hartmann even though he hasn't penned it himself. 

Like many American's, my knowledge of WWI naval stuff is pretty vague except for Emden, Jutland, the U-boat war, and the hunger blockade.   So, finding a book by Reinhard Scheer became a must have, once I knew it existed.

IMG_0254.thumb.JPG.15b45736544d22143a79655d78457b74.JPG

• Like 9

My recent goodies, all 1/48. The F14 was £38 off retail thanks to a promotion so that just fell into my basket, the paints are for my beaufighter and Scimitar tank builds.  The cockpit, winders and pitot for an RAF Phantom I am planning. I also needed the razor saw and the tape dispensers. Certainly enough to be going on with, I can resume the Beaufighter now :-)

IMG_0140.thumb.JPG.8c3a54b69043618a4f71acc214c8cb5b.JPG

Cheers

Kev

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

That Flanker looks like the one I sold off a few years ago. It had every single bit of AM in it including the mythical Zacto canopy. 

Carl

Me too !!.....harv 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

I’m Not much of a Trumpeter guy as you all know, but :)

A09B9D5A-691F-4DCD-8D59-DF0C09EA6E51.thumb.jpeg.055c45c7950ca5bc98e5a8fe9b79f18b.jpeg

image.jpg

Hope you've got plenty of empty space to display these Martin, they'll take up some serious real estate!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I truly don't know if this was a very smart purchase. They are quite large, large indeed. Flanker was undoubtably a score, Tomcat?,,, I am not so sure about. Nevertheless both are ultra sexy airframes and we need some more jets here :)....  said the guy who never finished a jet. LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

I truly don't know if this was a very smart purchase. They are quite large, large indeed. Flanker was undoubtably a score, Tomcat?,,, I am not so sure about. Nevertheless both are ultra sexy airframes and we need some more jets here :)....  said the guy who never finished a jet. LOL

Never??

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I’m Not much of a Trumpeter guy as you all know, but :)

You have to hand it to Trumpeter, that they make their boxes with foresight. There are not many boxes around, where you have space enough, to get all the necessary bits and pieces in :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

You have to hand it to Trumpeter, that they make their boxes with foresight. There are not many boxes around, where you have space enough, to get all the necessary bits and pieces in :D.

Cheers Rob

Probably the only thing they get right.

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Since you mention it, how about that resin Mig-15 in Korean markings :) ? 

Hubert

PS: nice haul, Martin  :thumbsup2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Four items arrived this week. All Soviet items: A Tamiya T-55, Trumpeter Voroshilovets tractor, A Trumpeter Bmp-1, and some Fruilmodel tracks for the Voroshilovets tractor. I've never used Fruilmodel

Tracks before they look pretty good. The BMP-1 is a truly ugly vehicle, while the Voroshilovets is kind of cute.

IMG_20210424_105024.jpg

IMG_20210424_105046.jpg

IMG_20210424_105109.jpg

IMG_20210424_105146_burst_01_kindlephoto-2392479.jpg

• Like 8

On 4/20/2021 at 7:41 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

I've just ordered the Minibase Su-33 from xfree so I'm waiting to see how that works out. 

I've heard good things about dawngrocerystore but haven't tried them yet. 

Carl

Your going to love that kit, I hope you have some good Magnifiers.

• Like 4

I got some custom masks done by DN Models. 

PXL_20210425_224628281.thumb.jpg.3f9ccffeee03f661f7de4adf284170e1.jpg

They're for the pair of HK Lancs that are in my stash. 

PXL_20210425_224636131.thumb.jpg.4682f027e767bc63425f3b400ca37d21.jpg

VR-R and the shark mouths go on R for Ropey which was a regular Lanc.

AJ-K  (ED934) was a Dambuster Lanc piloted by a Canadian P/O Vernon Byers. His Lancaster was the first to be shot down on the raid and unfortunately none of the crew survived. 

• Like 5

Not exactly large scale, but fits my hunger for obscure flying objects. Luckily my hobby shop from the Spanish mainland had one Loire 130 left. The mold looks not too bad, there is some resin for the interior and the engine area included and even a vac canopy for the aft station is supplied, which has to be used for three of the four schemes, sided with beautiful Cartograph decals.7

I found my trumpeter riveting tool not good enough, especially by blocking the sight onto the area to rivet and the big diameter of the wheel made it hard to rivet near corners, therefore I helped myself to two Dousek riveters with different tooth spacing.

The liquid mask Sol-R will be tested now, after I had slight blinding effects with Sol-Neo after having it applied for a longer time onto a Future coated Canopy. I read, that Sol-R is water based and less aggresive.

Cheers Rob

IMG_8711.thumb.JPG.73c691427657f7ef11d38a6ae32339c1.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DocRob said:

Not exactly large scale, but fits my hunger for obscure flying objects. Luckily my hobby shop from the Spanish mainland had one Loire 130 left. The mold looks not too bad, there is some resin for the interior and the engine area included and even a vac canopy for the aft station is supplied, which has to be used for three of the four schemes, sided with beautiful Cartograph decals.7

I found my trumpeter riveting tool not good enough, especially by blocking the sight onto the area to rivet and the big diameter of the wheel made it hard to rivet near corners, therefore I helped myself to two Dousek riveters with different tooth spacing.

The liquid mask Sol-R will be tested now, after I had slight blinding effects with Sol-Neo after having it applied for a longer time onto a Future coated Canopy. I read, that Sol-R is water based and less aggresive.

Cheers Rob

IMG_8711.thumb.JPG.73c691427657f7ef11d38a6ae32339c1.JPG

I love the puny look of the Loire 130. Of course, dreaming of a 1/32 version is in the scratchbuilding realm :rolleyes: ...

Hang-on there are already plenty of other projects on my virtual list :o

Hubert

• Like 5

On 4/26/2021 at 8:08 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Just had another package show up. Saw a ZM A-1H for sale and the price was too good to pass up. 

PXL_20210426_175254047.thumb.jpg.008fa02ba65cdbc032387ca87919dc32.jpg

PXL_20210426_175130863.thumb.jpg.811772a854add3ea6d1a1156dcbcebea.jpg

All the above was $140 CAD shipped. I might just do the box markings this time. Or if I can find the toilet bomber...

still on my wishlist that kit

looking forward to your wip

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This came via UPS today. A set of Friulmodel tracks for the Soviet PT-76 tank. The tracks are nicely

Cast and come with four pieces to make a pair of drive sprockets that replace the kit (Trumpeter)

sprockets. They are also nicely cast. The quality seems to be pretty good. What's most startling, however, is just how small the individual links are!  I think there's a pretty good chance I'll go blind

assembling these things. Each link requires cleaning out the link pin holes with a .4mm drill prior

to assembly. I checked my stash of truly microscopic drill bits and found I didn't have that size, so

I ordered a couple from McMaster-Carr. Those who might not be familiar with McMaster-carr will

find that this outfit is a pretty good source for............well, just about everything. Anyway, here's

A picture of the box.

DSCN0057.JPG

• Like 7

I have just bought this from a supplier I have just found, one35scale.com very quick delivery and well packaged. Some great kits and prices on there for UK based guys.

M3.thumb.jpg.fdc95462f119bfc628957c1f84be4ee0.jpg

Miniart are new to me, but it looks a great kit! Am off to watch Sahara (Bogart) for a little inspiration. Have a couple of kits in front of this though.

Cheers

Kev

• Like 8