The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Carl

Nice grab for sure ... Just can't get up the enthusiasm to buy another KH kit but I'm still thinking.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Peter, I hear ya. Not always easy slogging through a kit that fights you at every turn. Hopefully it won't be too bad. 

Carl

• Like 5

Despite not using much in the way of aftermarket my two recent buys prompted me to splash out a bit, the Whirlwind because I have waited so long for one and want to do it justice, and the Helldiver because it looks like it will need some help. So I have been visiting Hannants site and these have found their way into my study.

tbd9zL.jpg

BKbrEg.jpg

KSovuI.jpg

And just in case

3zLIky.jpg

3AJkga.jpg

And while I was there I spotted this.

Tf0XpG.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 11

53 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

Despite not using much in the way of aftermarket my two recent buys prompted me to splash out a bit, the Whirlwind because I have waited so long for one and want to do it justice, and the Helldiver because it looks like it will need some help. So I have been visiting Hannants site and these have found their way into my 

That’s a good haul Dennis, yet to try HGW wet transfers…..

• Like 7

My Border Models Tiger finally arrived. I ordered it back in January. Not sure which slow boat it went on. I checked for the QC issues that Gaz mentioned and my kit doesn't have the shell hits so I guess I'm good.

PXL_20210708_161234466.thumb.jpg.104465c27c76a5439689652aeb1ca3fa.jpg

Some more detail bits for my Scammell and some crew for the Type XXIII on my bench. PXL_20210708_161257851.thumb.jpg.180756352ff3ada5bedfca169b39b755.jpg

Lastly some zimmerit for my Rye Field Sturmtiger. 

PXL_20210708_161307429.thumb.jpg.4daf446d0ada2bdb79832a6e18bf20c3.jpg

I haven't used PE zimmerit before so hopefully it's not too challenging.

• Like 10

On 7/8/2021 at 8:43 AM, Bomber_County said:

Please do a WIP, I’ve been coveting this for a long time. Missed three evil bay buys and cannot justify RRP at present…

Phil, I start many but finish few. Maybe a WIP will get me off my ass and finish one. The smell of fresh plastic is strong in this one...

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Some international collaboration enabled this little black thingy to jump my stash and my soon to build list, after my successful novice affair with the Ford GT, lately.
The kit is from Spain, the PE-set, which I consider a must, not the least, because of the included seat belts made from fabric is from the US and the decals are from TBDecals from Italy.
They include the Tamiya banned tobacco logos and also important the Goodyear decals for the tires. 

Cheers Rob

IMG_9028.thumb.JPG.84e6c8d3955bd4fe66cc0b90117ccdc2.JPG

IMG_9029.thumb.JPG.33e1f7fe28deeec5ef91ef6c78eafd6d.JPG

• Like 10

On 6/24/2021 at 5:47 AM, GazzaS said:

My point was:  If they sit in your stash for a year or two, it might be too late (for whatever reason) to ask for a refund or replacement parts. 

Hey Gaz ...

I've really been time poor for the first 2 R&R swings ... BUT!! - I did get a chance to check out the Border Tiger kits today ... I don't know who posted those pics you showed me originally ... but those must be from the first (and stopped) production run ... Border had problems with its first set of moulds, so it stopped production of the kit ... made some adjustments and re started production at a later date ... which is why the product has taken some extra time to get back to market and why supply has been so slow.

I don't have time right now to take some pics of what is in my kit boxes ... but I can tell you the moulding is super crisp, highly detailed ... with no sink marks, flash, dags or blemishes ... I cannot attest to ejector pin marks - yet! ... While Davey Byrden was having his rant at me about how 3rd rate the kit is (in his opinion), he alluded to some fit issues experienced by a "well known" You Tube model builder ... Again - I cannot gainsay this particular argument as I have not proceeded that far ... but I would hazard a guess that the modeller concerned has received one of the first run kits made with the dodgy moulds.

We shall see ...

I'm hoping to get 2-3 solid days in when I get back at the end of the next 2 weeks (leaving tomorrow)

Cheers ... and thanks for the heads up

Rog :)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Is there no way you can take some modelling with you Rog?

Heya …

The answer to that question is twofold …

Firstly … It’s impractical as the check in luggage is 12Kg only and I don’t want my stash getting busted up inside the luggage.

Secondly … as much as I’ve been time poor on my R&R days … I’m SUPER time poor at work … a typical day shift is as follows:

4.30 Alarm - wake up, prep day bag, dress

5.00 Walk to diner - have breakfast … collect and pack lunch 

5.45 Office - Breathalyser, Clock on, handover from night shift.

6.00 - 17.45 daily work schedule

18.00 Clock off and head to dinner

18.45 Head back to room … any social emails, notifications and personal budgeting work

19.30 Shower organise gear for next day

20.00 Bed with a book … set alarms … lights out at 20.30-45

next 13 days … repeat with variations to fly in or fly out day

obviously night shift runs similar but the times are the opposite way around.

Rog :)

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 6/22/2021 at 9:38 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

I ordered some Reskit burner cans from Hannant's and those arrived today. 

PXL_20210623_042858046.thumb.jpg.0eb122a3747e5d7e5d94cad6fec83666.jpg

The F-5 ones are absolutely tiny compared to the Super Hornet ones much less those for the Mig-29.

I also had a small order HLJ arrive at the same time. 

An F-16 Night Falcon

PXL_20210623_042807407.thumb.jpg.a7a1d520e147f16a09a6547aae1d2a73.jpg

This goes with that F-15J Kai I got earlier.  Both are from Patlabor.

I also got the ADFX from Ace Combat.

PXL_20210623_042821880.thumb.jpg.c84946d95505def4336b58c71dbc94e9.jpg

It seems I'm slowly building a collection of 1/144 fictional aircraft. 

Also there’s a 1/44 scale  X-02S (OSEA) On the  Patlabor the helicopter in 1/72nd Scale  Hellhound

DA6554B8-4D25-4E8C-9670-1BB176FB1FEA.jpeg

• Like 5