Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

15 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Just showed up at the door!

You'll love the Infini template, I have two different ones and use them often for masking jobs. No need to buy expensive Kabuki strips for lets say masking of WWI props. Very handy these templates, even better than the PE ones I used before. They cut smoother and are more blade friendly.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My latest modelling acquisition has nothing to do with kits but to me it is great change.

My stash, as is many peoples is up in the loft, my house is a 1970's creation so I can just about kneel up in it.

As I am not as nimble as I was, even with a new knee it got to be a bother getting up there so I decided on a change, a couple of years ago I had a new two story extension built with a garage for my motorbikes on the ground floor, having sold one bike I had more space so a cunning plan was formulated.

My latest acquisition was a pair of eBay shelves, which took me a couple of days to assemble as they are modern wonders of engineering and require no bolts at all.

So off to the loft I went and passed down my precious kits into my wife's waiting arms, these were then shuttled downstairs and installed into the new shelves and don't they look good.

I have only moved my 1/32 scale kits though the 1/48 kits and the Military models stash are still up in the loft awaiting their fate.

And here they are, I did miss some of the older 1/32 scale kits but it looks like they can come down too.

spacer.png

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

My latest modelling acquisition has nothing to do with kits but to me it is great change.

My stash, as is many peoples is up in the loft, my house is a 1970's creation so I can just about kneel up in it.

As I am not as nimble as I was, even with a new knee it got to be a bother getting up there so I decided on a change, a couple of years ago I had a new two story extension built with a garage for my motorbikes on the ground floor, having sold one bike I had more space so a cunning plan was formulated.

Arrrhhaaaa Baldrick, a cunning plan I hear you say………….Very nice Dennis, that stash should keep you going for at least a couple of months, 9 months tops……that ZM Nick will be a nice build……..

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Just got back from vacation and my sister had my 50th birthday gift waiting for me when we got back. 

I don’t think my sister has ever bought me a birthday present ☹️……very lucky to have a sister like her………

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This weekend was the big event for Queensland modellers and an especially big event for me.  Queensland Model Hobbies Expo.  The first competition in which I took part.  It also had a swap meet as well as some regular retailers.

I got some second hand kits and fresh new books:

P1014098.thumb.JPG.a93d25bf4ad582c554b18385dbb27c78.JPG

And an award...  

P1014105.thumb.JPG.ca4b6c0d7df14f104234876911ab55c6.JPG

On the flip side....  I got no modelling done this past weekend.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Congrats on the award. Can't wait to see what you do with the D-7 battle cruiser. 

Carl

Thank you! 

I have been thinking hard on the battle cruiser.  Unlike a later version, there is very little surface detail.  A very blank canvas.  I was thinking on some common-sense panel lines and maybe some interior lighting...   though I have never messed with that kind of stuff before. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GazzaS said:

This weekend was the big event for Queensland modellers and an especially big event for me.  Queensland Model Hobbies Expo.  The first competition in which I took part.  It also had a swap meet as well as some regular retailers.

Congratulations on your award, well earned and we had the benefit of accompany the build. Nice loot, must be great to browse the merchants on a show, a sensation, I'd really like to share :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1