Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Midweek and I'm expecting more stuff to arrive ... but the computer wanted to update the software so I thought: "Meh! ... I'll photo these now"

At the same time I ordered the Do.335 book ... I ordered the He.111 Book and the Ho.229 book ...

Turns out that the eBay USA supplier for the Horten book was telling a porky ... They advised me it was shipped the next day - but there was no tracking number supplied. Profuse apologies ensued ... as well as a PayPal refund - without any real argument ...

They are still adamant that they shipped it - and if so, I'll end up with another one on about the 20th.

Meanwhile this was ordered through an Aussie supplier (Booktopia)... who, it turns out ... had to on-order from the UK to have it delivered to me ... A couple of weeks later and ... Ta-Da!!

v9z06Gv.jpg

So with a PayPal refund inbound for the Horten book ... I went looking for another ... Abebooks was utilised and a purchase made via Book Depository UK.

Similar problem ... 24 hours later I'm advised that it shipped - no tracking number is supplied, I lodge an enquiry 2 days later.

2 days after THAT ... I get a response "Sorry we are out of stock for that book and the supplier cannot restock us" ... A refund is issued but it will take 3 days to get processed back to my credit card ...

At this point I decide to try a different tack ... I start Googling LOCAL booksellers with the Ho.229 ISBN (Heck - it worked for the Ju.88 Vol.1 book which was OOP at the time).

I thought I'd done well when I found Specialty Books ... I went looking around their website and carted a few books ... but being twice bitten now - I'm starting to get a little shy on pulling the trigger ... So I call the guy ... He confirms he has stock of 4 of the 5 books that I've selected ... Guess which one is missing??

The rest are below:

oN1gf31.jpg

nlXVj8G.jpg

8UAM8uF.jpg

MdK1B2A.jpg

So ... there's a couple of books I spotted a year or more ago on Amazon ... of course, since then Amazon Australia has opened up.

So I thought "It can't hurt to look, right?" ... So glad I did ... I bought this - AND at half the price of the other two suppliers!

aEJoFLs.jpg

More in a bit ...

Rog :)

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice bunch of books Rog! What's the Mosquito one like?

Carl

Plenty more incoming Carl - a couple that I'm REALLY looking forward to ... I have a Tamiya Mossie to put together at some point so Decided to grab this one as a reference ... While the Dambuster Lancaster book could be read and understood by all ages, this one looks to be a little more adult orientated - although there is the caveat that I've only given it a cursory glance ... I'll give a more thorough opinion perhaps in a week or two??

Rog :)

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Greetings from Venice Italy, nice haul guys............back to the bench on the weekend.......

If there's no pictures, Phil, you didn't go to Venice.......................... you lucky old dog !;)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bill_S said:

I've never seen these in print before. I got them from a local estate.

The IJA book has lots of color photos and swatches.

DSCN2204-1.jpg

Now that paint ref can come in REAL handy!! ... stolen a copy for future ref :)

• Like 3

On 9/4/2019 at 9:07 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

Looking forward to it.

Here's a pic of the cover the Kagero Ho229 book.

IMG_20190904_090332-L.jpg

It's twice as thick as the Spirit of Thuringia one and is similar to your Dambuster Lancaster book with the 3D illustrations.

Carl

Are those style of Kagero books generally nice Carl?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

If there's no pictures, Phil, you didn't go to Venice.......................... you lucky old dog !;)

Here you go, the supermarket is within a old theatre amazing..........love Venice well recommend to anyone..........but come for a week at a time for the next 10 years as there's to much to see........4C786E3B-970F-4C65-8DA8-916311057382.thumb.jpeg.31e9a8c974d78a3cb4fa5705221dc7bb.jpeg

FEF6F3CF-C22D-4B21-8335-540B3D951253.thumb.jpeg.445956b4223f929199e1ba433d6baaab.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ryan said:

Are those style of Kagero books generally nice Carl?

Ryan, I would say they are. I have a couple of them (Ho229, Ar234 and Me262) but they all have a similar level of quality. The first bit of the book is text and photos covering the development and usage followed by the 3D illustrations. There's line drawings too.

Here's some pages from the Ho229 book.

IMG_20190906_093049-L.jpg

IMG_20190906_093125-L.jpg

IMG_20190906_093144-L.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2019 at 9:01 AM, Bomber_County said:

Here you go, the supermarket is within a old theatre amazing..........love Venice well recommend to anyone..........but come for a week at a time for the next 10 years as there's to much to see........4C786E3B-970F-4C65-8DA8-916311057382.thumb.jpeg.31e9a8c974d78a3cb4fa5705221dc7bb.jpeg

FEF6F3CF-C22D-4B21-8335-540B3D951253.thumb.jpeg.445956b4223f929199e1ba433d6baaab.jpeg

Thanks Phil, what an intriguing place ...................... it's on my 'bucket list'........................

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ryan said:

Thanks Carl, I just splurged and bought a HPH Moskito and the Kagero book.

The pics are very helpful, thanks for posting.

I just LERVE night fighters ... I'm Just hoping I can do that kit some Schräge Music justice one day

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crazypoet said:

Some stuff ... and for the A-20 that I hope to snag from HPC when they get ‘round to releasing it next year...

image.jpg

Were on the same page ... the A-20 is in my top 5 A/C - so chuffed they decided to release it as an IM kit!! ... I just ordered that ultimate look book on Amazon about a week ago!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Were on the same page ... the A-20 is in my top 5 A/C - so chuffed they decided to release it as an IM kit!! ... I just ordered that ultimate look book on Amazon about a week ago!

Amen - I've been looking for one of these in 1/32 ever since I got back into the hobby!  I'm delighted that it's coming out from a top-flight maker

Another book you might like is this one, detailing the history of the A20-equipped 312BG in the Southwest Pacific

A20.jpg

• Like 5