The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

• Members

First of all thank you to all who participated, even if you didn't finish.  So without further ado we're happy to announce our winners:

First Prize: Kent Karlsen's B-25 Diorama "Old Ironsides"

Second Prize:  Tigger's Meteor T7 conversion.

3rd Prize; Padubon's Do 335B-6

I will be sending you all PMs to get your address to arrange shipping for the prizes.  Congratulations on some truly superb work!

• Like 7

Thank you much LSM and Neil of HK Models, this is just great news. Congrats to the other, participants.

It's now almost tree years since I finished the 'Old Ironsides III' (June 2016) as a tribute to the Author of Catch-22, Joseph Heller.

7698-040717175421-115581308.jpeg

The finished diorama of the Alesani Airbase in Corsica...

Now the Lancaster is a Giant compared to the B-25; and  will have to put on my 'thinking cap', in order to come up with an idea

on how I will 'tackle' the display of this 'Monster'. 

Cheers: Kent

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Kent!

7 hours ago, kkarlsen said:

The 'Monster' has landed, thank you LSM + HK Models!

ERbtzfg.jpg

What am I supposed to do now?

Open the box, looks at the sprues, and then decide to go mow the lawn.  That's what I usually do... lol

Gaz

• Like 4

8 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Open the box, looks at the sprues, and then decide to go mow the lawn.  That's what I usually do... lol

That's actually a good idea, it's getting awfully long these days...

At least, I will have to put on my 'thinking cap' to come up with something. I'm just not an OOB kind of guy.

Kent

• Like 5

On 5/23/2019 at 11:52 AM, HubertB said:

Now, THAT is the understatement of the day :rofl: !

Hubert

Hi Hubert, just wanted to make sure, I didn't mean any offence.

I just cannot keep my motivation going if the project hasn't got some kind of angle. Believe me, it's a bit of a 'curse', I've been trying to 'shake' it off repeatedly, without any success... In fact the 'angle' is expanding.

Happy modelling: Kent

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kkarlsen said:

Hi Hubert, just wanted to make sure, I didn't mean any offence.

I just cannot keep my motivation going if the project hasn't got some kind of angle. Believe me, it's a bit of a 'curse', I've been trying to 'shake' it off repeatedly, without any success... In fact the 'angle' is expanding.

Happy modelling: Kent

Neither did I mean any offence Kent, and I hope you did take it as such. I actually admire and am in awe of your dedication to get the best and superdetail the kits you start.

When I see you tackle a new subject, it is with trepidation, because I know you will put your magic to it, and produce an unique masterpiece. Of course, you are not an OOB kind of guy, much to our collective pleasure.

Can’t wait to see you Aeromarine conversion finished, btw ;) 

Hubert

PS: re your Aeromarine conversion. Great find with the Preiser figures. I would advise a quick check about their size, though. I had to hack a few mm off the legs of one Preiser figure I want to use on my still-in-being Gee Bees’ build. Without this surgery, he’d be a real giant ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for you kind words Hubert!

1 hour ago, HubertB said:

PS: re your Aeromarine conversion. Great find with the Preiser figures. I would advise a quick check about their size, though. I had to hack a few mm off the legs of one Preiser figure I want to use on my still-in-being Gee Bees’ build. Without this surgery, he’d be a real giant ;)

Well lucky me, these Preiser figures seem to be right 'on the money, as far as I can tell. At least their height is almost identical to the CSM pilot's. I was surprised that they would even fit into the wicker chairs...

• Like 2

On 5/10/2019 at 8:44 AM, Mikester said:

First of all thank you to all who participated, even if you didn't finish.  So without further ado we're happy to announce our winners:

First Prize: Kent Karlsen's B-25 Diorama "Old Ironsides"

Second Prize:  Tigger's Meteor T7 conversion.

3rd Prize; Padubon's Do 335B-6

I will be sending you all PMs to get your address to arrange shipping for the prizes.  Congratulations on some truly superb work!

I just received this! Thank you so much.

61B9D103-2349-4DCB-982D-DA789AE29F51.jpeg

• Like 6

Hey Padubon!...congratulations.!!!.....I hope you like the book...or  it will inspire you for future works......

You made a very good work with your 335....(I´ll build a diorama with the same version!..)

One more time...CONGRATULATIONS and thaks for present your model.. (to you and the other participants with high level all of them)

Aitor

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members
On 6/16/2019 at 3:46 AM, Bomber_County said:

Kent, have you started on it yet, looking forward to the pics.......:popcorn:

Kent sold this kit immediately after he received it, so I wouldn't expect much in the way of in progress pics.  :unsure:

• Like 1