The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

THIS SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

13 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

I am sorry to hear that that Jeff. Loyal, dedicated and always happy to see you, big loss.

Thanks Martin, devastating loss in our little world..... she went in my arms, as I was telling her she was a good girl, and we loved her dearly............... Cathy and I are a mess................. damn dogs anyway.................

• Like 3

Thanks you guys, this is the second one we have lost, but she was not having a good time, and was hurting, the doc figured she may have had a stroke a couple days ago...... it was and wasn't a tough decision, I told her ( the dog ) that I was doing the best I could for her, and didn't want her to suffer....... she went in my arms as I told her I loved her, and she was always a good dog.... and she was..... she was a throw away, until my mom took her in about 12 years ago, when mom could not care for her I took her, and I was MORE than happy to do so.... she moved in here like it was only natural.......................................

................................... so an hour or so ago, Cathy had to go to town ( we live 6 miles out), she is driving along in a line of 5 or 6 vehicles, and we live alongside a big lake, and she phoned me in a bit of a tizzy............. she said as she was driving by the lake a HUGE Osprey flew right in front of her truck, between her and the guy in front of her, just above the hood level of her truck, right if front of her........ did this for about 30 seconds or so, so she rolled her window down and said" Good bye Rosie", and no sooner had she done that and the bird flew up and was gone..................................was Rose telling Cathy it was ok, and she will be fine? Nearly brought Cathy to tears...... she was really excited to tell me......................... makes one wonder......................... thanks for the kind words and thoughts guys, I know we are not the first or the last, but it is nice to have an 'ear' as they say..................not a great day in our house today.............................

• Like 3

So sorry Jeff! We've had to say good bye to two of our dogs so far and it absolutely breaks your heart. We currently have one left but he's going to be 15 years old in November. I'm not looking forward to the certain eventuality he'll have to be let go too but he's still doin' alright for now. My wife says this is our last dog as she's not going to go through the pain of loss again after he's gone. It sucks, it royally sucks, so I understand exactly how you feel! My thoughts are definitely with you and your wife.

Cheers,

Wolf

• Like 4

• Administrators

So very sorry for your loss, Jeff. :(  They become one of us and true members of the family. It’s never easy.   We lost our last one a couple years back and haven’t gotten another yet, not sure we will.  But once the pain fades, we eventually remember the great times together...

• Like 3

It’s never easy. We had to say goodbye to our old girl about 9 years ago.   Now the baby we brought home a year before she went is starting to show signs of getting really old.   I’m using all the meds I can for her joints and comfort, but we know her time is limited. 

• Like 3

Wolf Ernie , Scott, Ryan, Carl, Harv and all the rest of you guys..............MANY thanks for the condolences and kind thoughts and the little stories of your furry friends............. how do these little animals get so ingrained in our lives? I have to say that there is NO complaints here, just extreme sadness, poor little mite was diagnosed with terminal cancer in December last year....they gave her 4 to 6 weeks... well 6 months on... we took her in for a check up a month or so ago, and the doc said her blood count had dramatically improved, and she could go another 6 months !  I'd like to think it was the dedicated care and love we were giving her, anyway in the end here, they think she may have had a small stroke which contributed to a few things going awry, her mobility was suddenly getting difficult, and her eyesight went down really fast..... she was hurting and not having any more fun, so it was quality vs quantity, so yesterday we had to make the decision, it was very quiet and soothing..................... damn I'm having a bit of a melt down here................... she isn't hurting any more, and my morning routine has changed dramatically, and last night I could have sworn I hear her snoring beside my bed where she slept......................and yeah, not sure we will get another one any time soon.................just too damn hard to let them go................ I DO love the dogs though...................  she was the love of my life and VERY special................ I miss her

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Yeah my pup needs a pill every morning for Cushings Disease.

Make sure you keep up with that, my last Beagle had that damn disease and the doc said she would go about 2 years, and it was 2 years almost to the day, Cushings is not a fun thing.... you have my deepest sympathies and give your pup a hug and a kiss from me and the one I lost from Crushings, my Beagle Murphy....

• Like 1

Just now, Ryan said:

Oh it's easy, I just drop the pill in the bowl...he mows it down without even knowing it. It's about $60 a month so not to bad on the pocketbook.

If she ever gets pissy about taking it, as Murphy did near the end, I used to stick in a little gob of peanut butter, THAT did the trick, she loved PB !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jeff said:

I lost my Beagle this morning................... my best friend.........................:(........................... I'm crushed...................

Sorry for your loss.  :(

Loss of a pet is as  great loss as losing ones family member which is what they are.

Great memories that you had will forever be with you Jeff.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MARU 5137 said:

Sorry for your loss.  :(

Loss of a pet is as  great loss as losing ones family member which is what they are.

Great memories that you had will forever be with you Jeff.

THANKS Maru................. yeah it is a bit raw right now, and we knew it was coming, I thought we had prepared ourselves............................ I guess not so much.............. I know it will get a bit easier everyday, but my thing is, that they know they don't feel right but don't know why........ it's the not knowing why................. and maybe in retrospect that may be an ok thing, as I'm sure some folks who have terminal illnesses would rather not know sometimes..... sure is a difficult thing to understand......

Guest DannyVM
21 hours ago, Jeff said:

I lost my Beagle this morning................... my best friend.........................:(........................... I'm crushed...................

So sorry to hear that Jeff, my heart is bleeding my friend. Really, losing a pet, no matter what kind is always a big loss. Pet's are the most friendly, care taking and forgiving creatures to human's no matter what's happens to them. They have my respect and so are you and your family Jeff. These animals deserves so much care, so much love, just because we humans can never give them the love they feel for us. And still we give them a careful home which is safe and cosy, therefore they are family, and losing a family member is always devastating.:(

Greetz mate

Danny