The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Bad news.

My very dear friends.

I am ill once again. This time it is not leukaemia. 

I have an enormous tumor behind my right eye. It is nearly 3 cm in diameter.

I have another issue as well. Over the past 2 months my liver function has gone from where it should ne, around 50, to now over 300. They speculate it is succumbing to the pressure placed upon it by the amount and strength of my chemotherapy. It may be cancer of the liver. My liver was simply over worked.

Problems with treatment. I cannot have any more chemo as it will kill me. My body may be unable to handle the operation to my eye and the liver.

I was in hospital but I have left. I told them I need a few days. 

I am going to teach. 

As always I will keep up my spirits and be positive. I cannot complain, the fact I lasted this long is amazing.

I wish to thank the many members who were so very patient with me.

Thank you from all of my being.

Dale.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Dale, I'm so very sorry to hear that.  I've absolutely come to enjoy seeing all your post, and laughing at your wonderful wit.  Please do stay around here and keep posting.  You may not believe it but your an incredible inspiration to many of us and someone we definitely call a friend. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you my friends.

I will do my very best. I always had loads of empathy, but since my first battle with cancer, it has become stronger. This in turn has informed my teaching. I have to keep teaching. I need to perhaps do a TED talk on effective practice and teaching.

I am refered to as a Master teacher. I began teaching martial arts in 1982. Thousands of students. Now one on one music lessons.

I need to keep living. And building models! :D

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Gentlemen, as always I deeply appreciate your support.

I have to complete the Tony and Frank. Perhaps this coming Sunday. 

I will now very carefully peruse my rather large stash. What exactly do I really want to build?

I now have 4 WnW kits. Sopwith pup, camel, triplane and a Junkers D.1. It would be a challenge and I just ordered enough Bob's buckles for all. 

Then there is the AMK MiG 31... 

Spoiled brat! :)

• Like 5

Dale,

You have helped so many by simply prevailing. Where others faced with your situation might have given in to darkness and doubt, you have been a shining light to others. Where others might have retreated into themselves, you have given freely of your time and your talents.

Long may you prevail Mate!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks mate.

It remains to be seen if there are treatments. I am very respectful of science and scientists. I was lucky to live amongst scientists for quite some time. Every day my respect grew. Indeed science and those who practice it have proven the greatest achievement of human kind. Sadly much science is thwarted and attacked by other human creations. None of which gave us medicine, flight, space travel etc etc. 

The past appears fearful of the now. 

Strange how the human world works.

• Like 5

Check this out. One of the results of my drug trial. There were 600 in all. 599 were on it 12 months. Due to the seriousness of my case, the doctors requested an extension. The trial cost was $25,000 USD per month. Happily the company agreed and my case was extended. This extension was 7 months.

I want everyone to understand further tests may prove me well. Fingers crossed.

Possible cure derived from the experiment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After ALL you have been through................... so unfair, Pal............. Tony, and Hubert sum it up perfectly............. talk and post all you want when ever you want, as always you can PM me if that is of any solace to you, hang in there, we will all help you beat this , Dale................... You're a GOOD man....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

well heck Dale.:crying:

that's not good news but by staying  positive and fighting it in your 

one inimitable  way is quite remarkable. 

you  are an extraordinary  human being. 

I am So  very sad to hear that you are going through this once more.

.Keep Faith  and Be strong and Fight as you have done; but MY heart breaks to hear this news from you.

:(

Prayers  winging your way.

:wub:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So sorry to hear your news Dale but hopefully the liver function proves to be something trivial(ish).

Please, please do the TED talk as I'd love to hear your thoughts on teaching as you seem to have a natural gift especially with the kids.

Best wishes!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So here is my modelling plan.

I quickly complete my Tony and Frank. All they need is gear connected and radio wire.

It should take a day.

Given how few parts and the fact I fell head over heels in love with it upon opening the box, the HK Meteor will be next.  I just placed an order from Hannants.

Eduard interior.

Eduard seatbelts.

Eduard mask.

Master pitot tube.

Xtradecal Meteor F-4 Overseas operators #4.

The package should be here in 2 weeks.

It looks a great kit and even has a nose weight.

Hopefully both my new friends end up benign. If so it is only the liver damage. The massive damage is the most scary. I reckon I can talk them into giving me a transplant.

Easy! :thumbsup2:

I get both Iwatas back next week. I used H&S on the Frank and Tony. I will use Iwatas.

Unsure whether to do NM or camo. Camo takes too long.... I will likely do a metal job.

I am so glad I don't have dependents. That'd be tough.

Thanks guys. :)

• Like 4