The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Looks like I have a couple of weeks to work on the stash.

ScottsGT

23 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Just got word campus is shut down for all non-essential employees for the next 2 weeks.  No reporting to work until April 1.  Maybe I can get quite a bit of kits built!  

Ya coming up for me as well.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

You guys are getting a little taste of what retirement can be like..... might not be a bad thing at all..... stay safe you guys and try not to get sick....

AMEN!!!!

• Like 5

Right now here in TN, all schools are closed for the next three weeks. I am out of work, my son is home, my wife is working from home, my two in-laws, and one dog...are all quarantined in one house. It’s getting crazy, and it’s only been 5 days so far. 

• Like 5

We are closed now. Three weeks is the preliminary length, but the governor says the school year is most likely over. They sent all the staff home today going with the hard shut down, except for three of us. Guess we are expendable. Pretty short days though, and I am sure soon well will be at home as well.

• Like 6

An now you get why all these people were hoarding toilet paper rolls.

Being stuck at home with kids and your regular - or legal - best half must be pretty sh#%!ty stuff for a lot of people :lol:

Hubert

• Like 5

Just got word today its now May before we return.   Glad I have a healthy stash!  In two weeks time I will  have my Fisher Skyraider ready for paint.   I thought this was going to be a 6 month project.  

• Like 5

The boys have been home for a week now. There is at least 2 more weeks where they'll be home. We're fortunate to have a deadend laneway behind our house so they can play back there or the yard. 

Some conservation areas are still open so we can go on hikes. Just have to remind them about social distancing when we do but most people are good about it. 

Sue's work has the capability for most staff to work from home but the ones who can are only allowed to do so on the weekends. They have not only expanded work hours but are being told to work from the office as a sign of confidence. How that last bit makes sense I have no idea. Oh, and she works for Public Health Ontario! 

• Like 3

The T-Shirts are starting already...

442020695_B1qmQK-r4OS._AC_CLa_21402000_91Vw1wqJBIL.png_00214020000_00.02140.02000.0_UY1000_.thumb.jpeg.094ec4a314b35f85ce319aab609fcca2.jpeg

But it's pointless if they can't get it to you. I'm a Delivery Driver; we're still working, in fact it hasn't tapered off at all. We have authority to leave goods at People's doorstep or patio without a signature, they don't want us giving over our PDA's or going inside People's houses. What happens when one of us is confirmed with the Virus is anyone's guess. The Office staff can work from home so long as they have internet, but those of us in the Warehouse or delivering are practicing Social Distancing... Then using a common computer keyboard to input our runs before we leave base. No one at work can see the inconsistency in this!

Currently, when one person at a workplace is confirmed with the Virus, they can shut the whole site down for 14 days. Ergo, one person with no more than a sore throat can for instance shut down a garbage collection depot. Or a bus depot. Or an Ambulance station. Or a Transport hub that delivers groceries. Or an Army barracks for that matter.

I remain more worried about the consequences of this Virus as pertains to Economics, Logistics and National Defence, than the mere symptoms of an illness.

S

• Like 3

This is shortly going to be a valuable asset...

We are all going to need people who have tested positive and then recovered, to do all the things in my post above. We are not going to beat this thing in a couple of months. The only way to kill this off is to realise Herd Immunity or a Vaccine. 

• Like 3

On 3/19/2020 at 10:23 AM, HubertB said:

An now you get why all these people were hoarding toilet paper rolls.

Being stuck at home with kids and your regular - or legal - best half must be pretty sh#%!ty stuff for a lot of people :lol:

Hubert

FB-IMG-1584301839964.jpg

• Like 4

« Mort Subite » (« Sudden Death » in English) is a well-known conventual Belgian beer, with a cherry taste. It’s also very strong in alcohol. Both reasons to explain its name. I personally don’t like it. 

But our Belgian friends have also a very strong sense of humor :lol:. One of the many reasons you have to like them, besides their famous beers.

Hubert

• Like 4