The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Stash stock take, I should be..........

Bomber_County

In the same boat Phil. Although i'll quite gladly add  a few 1/32 Fw190 A5/A6 kits to the stash if they ever came up to buy on evilbay (for a price i could actually afford). 

I've seen some 'stashes' and they would make Hannants feel inadequate.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

.so should I be ashamed  of a total of 14 kits.........

Some would call that the vacation stash. :D

Me, I think it's a very focused one. 

Mine is all over the map. I mean I have Nascar stock cars in mine, nevermind a '59 Cadillac...

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Ok guys and gals, did a stock take of the stash today, all virgin kits...............didn’t take me very long .......so should I be ashamed  of a total of 14 kits..........:wacko:

At least the counting didn't take too much of your lifetime :D, no Excel needed for doing the adds.

It's quality that counts not quantity.

Cheers Rob

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, DocRob said:

At least the counting didn't take too much of your lifetime :D, no Excel needed for doing the adds.

It's quality that counts not quantity.

Cheers Rob

Ironically I did record them, so I now have six AFV’s at 1/35, six aircraft at 1/48 and two 1/32 aircraft........it took me all of 5 mins to count them.........:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Some would call that the vacation stash. :D

Me, I think it's a very focused one. 

Mine is all over the map. I mean I have Nascar stock cars in mine, nevermind a '59 Cadillac...

its like here cars,trucks,armour ,planes and ships

Mark

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, GusMac said:

Don't feel bad Phil, I can't count mine on the fingers of one hand! Tend not to buy unless it's going to get built soon.

I try to stick to that concept, ironically I don’t feel bad, I’d be more worried in seeing stacks of stuff knowing there was a snowflakes chance in hell of building them...........:)

• Like 4

I *just* have a few more than you, Phil (and will not dare to show a pic :rolleyes: ). I still believe I will build them all, assuming I do not get sidetracked like now, where I am focused on designing and 3D printing the components of a 1/32 (of course) Travel Air Mystery Ship ...

Hubert

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HubertB said:

I *just* have a few more than you, Phil (and will not dare to show a pic :rolleyes: ). I still believe I will build them all, assuming I do not get sidetracked like now, where I am focused on designing and 3D printing the components of a 1/32 (of course) Travel Air Mystery Ship ...

Hubert

Go on Hubert, I dare you to show us a picture of the mythical stash in the Mysterious room aboard the magical ship......:rolleyes:.........:respect:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Go on Hubert, I dare you to show us a picture of the mythical stash in the Mysterious room aboard the magical ship......:rolleyes:.........:respect:

Ok, since you asked ...

Overall view ...

i-xgvhLL9-600x450.jpg

And split views ...

i-6bhgtXM-600x450.jpg i-c3mxZQK-600x450.jpg i-MxcvgXk-600x450.jpg

It fills a volume of about 1.3 cubic meter (3.6 x 0.6 x 0.6 ), plus a bit of overspill of ship kits above the wine cellar ...

The "magic room" is actually also the attic and "machine room" with a bench opposite the shelves holding the various machines like 3D printers and ancillaries, metal lathe, vertical milling machine, CNC mini-milling machine, vac-forming one, etc....

So, the analogy with a ship is not far away : hold + workshop in one place :)

Hubert

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Hubert for magical mystery tour......did spot a ZM P51D/K.........there’s not that many..........:rolleyes:

Not that many, yes ... Although the stash is predominantly resin stuff (the white cardboard boxes you see) like Fisher, Aerotech, HPH, Lukgraph, Silver Wings, Montex and the like. Besides the Fisher ones, which have become rarer than hen’s teeth because of the Paradise fires, there are even rarer ones, like a Scratchbuilder Staggerwing ....

Hubert

• Like 6

A very old pic.  I get in the habit of wanting to build different variations of different aircraft. I guess it’s why I have about 7 F-16’s and 13 Phantoms still in the stash.  Trying to convince myself I need to get rid of some of these multiples.  

dOqkAt.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Man, THIS is FUN...................... like 'browsing' a real Hobby shop !!!:rofl:You guys have great selections.................

Jeff you’re very quiet on your stock take...........do I hear from the audience.......what’s the number..?....:sofa:

• Like 3

My problem is when 'deals' come along.  A large portion of my stash is second-hand kits that I got usually for 1/2 or less of retail.  For instance, Saturday I bought a Dragon Sturmhaubitze 42' w/Zimmerit and a Dragon SdKfz 250/9 in 1/35 scale for under $31 US.  Usually, one of my club members will send an e-mail to all of the members listing what he wants to sell.  By sending an e-mail. stuff gets set aside for you before the meeting.  Apparently I beat 7 other guys to the Sturmhaubitze.  I really should neaten up and take a pic or three of my stash for you guys.

• Like 4